Back to Designing, Running, and Analyzing Experiments

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Designing, Running, and Analyzing Experiments by University of California San Diego

3.6

You may never be sure whether you have an effective user experience until you have tested it with users. In this course, you’ll learn how to design user-centered experiments, how to run such experiments, and how to analyze data from these experiments in order to evaluate and validate user experiences. You will work through real-world examples of experiments from the fields of UX, IxD, and HCI, understanding issues in experiment design and analysis. You will analyze multiple data sets using recipes given to you in the R statistical programming language -- no prior programming experience is assumed or required, but you will be required to read, understand, and modify code snippets provided to you. By the end of the course, you will be able to knowledgeably design, run, and analyze your own experiments that give statistical weight to your designs....

PP
Nov 17, 2020

One of the best courses I have taken in relation to UX. Very good design, engaging lectures and examples, and well designed exams. I learned alot and enjoyed listening to Dr. Webbrock. Kudos to him.

MS
Nov 28, 2020

Great course.\n\nHighly recommended. It was very clear and I'm very thakful because there were many subjects I only understood partially before this course but are now very clear to me.

176 - 183 of 183 Reviews for Designing, Running, and Analyzing Experiments

By Carina S

May 23, 2020

I wish I could give this no stars. For a course that isn't about coding and doesn't involve math, there certainly is a great deal of both. I actually don't mind that...the fact is that the professor was so intent on avoiding both that he missed a lot of opportunities to actually TEACH. R is a statistics and programming tool. To attempt to teach an entire course while avoiding both math and coding is absolutely ridiculous! I was frustrated and discouraged and ended up seeking other sources to learn because this professor wasn't actually doing his job. I don't want to be a monkey that simply knows how to hit enter. I want to know why the formula is coded the way it is...but without knowing the math or the code I had absolutely no idea WHY I was doing the things I was doing. A teacher should never have to say "So, if you want to learn about what I'm teaching, you can look it up on Wikipedia." If that's in the lesson, then they're not doing their job and they need to rethink their career choice. Truly a disappointment.

By Nick E

Jul 25, 2020

This course is out of date with regards to the software needed to complete it. This makes it incredibly time consuming and frustrating. I have not been able to complete the 'practical' quizzes (5 - 9) as the packages required are no longer available which means I cannot get a pass grade and cannot continue to the Capstone project. The course needs updating unfortunately. It's a shame as the other courses in the overall Interaction Design course work well.

By Thais X G

Nov 24, 2020

This course isn't made for beginners and if you have short time to complete, that is not the course for you. I wish they have explicitly informed about this module, it is not for everybody and you are not able to complete by yourself, even following the instructions, which aren't made for beginners.

By Pedro B P

Nov 23, 2020

By far the most complex module. I do understand the need of including it on the course but I feel It goes into some complex concepts without having any backing theory, being up to us students to search for it.

I think this module should be completely revised.

By Dagmara F

Jul 31, 2020

the worst course I've ever done, useless. it's too hard to pass the test, the program that they require to install doesn't work properly. and how need this nowadays? Let me tell you - NO ONE

By Mariana M O C

May 6, 2016

I took up to week 2 and, so far, this course assumes statistics knowledge. I expected it would provide a background on the rather than just run a code and show the results.

By Diego R