Back to Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Practice

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Practice by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course builds on the theory and foundations of marketing analytics and focuses on practical application by demystifying the use of data in marketing and helping you realize the power of visualizing data with artful use of numbers found in the digital space. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

OA

Mar 01, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. I liked the professor's teaching style as well as the materials the course provided. All the knowledge I've got from the course helps me when I do research online.

AS

Apr 13, 2018

Very well delivered content - having the slides to review ahead of the videos was very beneficial and I found the readings were very to the point in support of the content being delivered.

401 - 425 of 439 Reviews for Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Practice

By Jorge C

Feb 20, 2019

I don't think the example were practical enough.

By Kirsten

Mar 22, 2018

It's good, but some of the content felt outdated

By Apichaya

Jan 10, 2016

Good High Level understanding of Analytics

By Nikhil K

Oct 26, 2016

nice but doesnt give you much knowledge

By renu m

Aug 08, 2017

Repetitive as compared to module 2.

By Spyros A

Oct 17, 2017

I expected more hands-on exercises

By Niovi

Jun 17, 2016

I expected it to be far more

By Aleksandr B

Oct 18, 2015

Ok

By Evgeny B

Oct 06, 2015

When going through the Theory course, I often wondered why the assignments are so abstract and theoretical, and I thought that maybe when we come to practice, we will be able to do something with our hands. No way! While reinforcing the theoretical background (mostly repeating same postulates from the Theory course), this course contributes very little to its name (practice). Only the last module on presenting goes a little further than making you ponder on abstract themes. This is surprising - there are lots of practical tools discussed in the course, and you have no opportunity to get hands on at least one of them (except Google Trends) and evaluate it, at least for primitive purposes. Why does the teacher not take the example of the brilliant Aric Rindfeisch's course Marketing in the Digital World with really well-crafted practical assignments?

By William R W

Aug 10, 2015

I appreciate this course and the instructor's time, but so far I haven't really learned anything.

The structure of every lesson is:

"1. Here are the 5 things we're going to cover. 2. Name (not explain) those 5 things. 3. Here are the 5 things we covered"

I think there's a lot of potential for this course in the long run. I would advise having a professor from Illinois who is not in the business school take this course and get their feedback. I believe the instructor is very smart and experienced in this area, so this is definitely a course that could grow into a Coursera essential.

By Stephan H

Sep 15, 2016

Again the content and presentation is great.

But the web site is getting really annoying, especially in the assignment area. The editor is faulty and on the submission on visualization you cannot use visualizations(!) to make your point due to technical limitations (can't paste charts or screenshots).Sometimes verification does not work.

Support is sometimes very good, sometimes useless, depends with whom you chat.

By Konstantina P

Jul 17, 2018

Course was well structured but was too basic and theoretical for what I wanted to get out of it. I would expect it to have more practical examples in the quiz part so that I could practice for e.g. in data visualization, chart/graph creations and in data manipulation

By Laurene S

May 09, 2017

I didn't find the course and the exercises practical enough. I find this teacher gives very little content per video, and repeat himself a lot unnecessarily with his introduction and conclusion that are the same. I did not find the course or material very engaging.

By Samuel E

May 23, 2018

This course, did not provide a level of critical thinking that other classes have provided. The assignments were too easy and did not do a good enough at preparing a student for real world digital analysis.

By Carlos M B d S

Mar 31, 2020

The method for this course is not the most practical. I suggest an update with more practice exercises and updated material. Quite some of the reading material is unavailable or is outdated.

By Rainer B S

Mar 08, 2016

Very basic course without much in depth explanations or insightful matter.

I hope this course is worth the money i paid, I'm starting to regret paying for this.

By Ioannis M

Apr 06, 2020

I am actually disappointed from the course because it offers no chance for real practice. The assignments are also just compsitions of ideas!

By Divya A

Jan 20, 2019

too basic. Relevant for someone who has no background of analytics at all.

By Danilo J d C J

Aug 07, 2016

For a practice course I found that was full of theory