Back to Digital Manufacturing & Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Manufacturing & Design by University at Buffalo

This course will expose you to the transformation taking place, throughout the world, in the way that products are being designed and manufactured. The transformation is happening through digital manufacturing and design (DM&D) – a shift from paper-based processes to digital processes in the manufacturing industry. By the end of this course, you’ll understand what DMD is and how it is impacting careers, practices and processes in companies both large and small. You will gain an understanding of and appreciation for the role that technology is playing in this transition. The technology we use every day – whether it is communicating with friends and family, purchasing products or streaming entertainment – can benefit design and manufacturing, making companies and workers more competitive, agile and productive. Discover how this new approach to making products makes companies more responsive, and employees more involved and engaged, as new career paths in advanced manufacturing evolve. Main concepts of this course will be delivered through lectures, readings, discussions and various videos. This is the first course in the Digital Manufacturing & Design Technology specialization that explores the many facets of manufacturing’s “Fourth Revolution,” aka Industry 4.0, and features a culminating project involving creation of a roadmap to achieve a self-established DMD-related professional goal. To learn more about the Digital Manufacturing and Design Technology specialization, please watch the overview video by copying and pasting the following link into your web browser: https://youtu.be/wETK1O9c-CA...

WT

May 02, 2018

Advanced Manufacturing will hold industry discussions in the coming years. This course helps you understand the challenges that manufacturing is going through to meet the requirements of Industry 4.0.

RR

Jul 15, 2020

Amazing Course and the stuff provided by Prof. English- I am Thankful to Coursera team for Giving me this wonderful opportunity to learn this course to upgrade my skills by providing financial Aid.

76 - 100 of 609 Reviews for Digital Manufacturing & Design

By JYOTI S

May 06, 2020

Great explanations on the Manufacturing concepts. surely gave me a good start for my dream job in Digital Manufacturing .

By NIRANJANA S J

Apr 17, 2020

Very Informative, neatly explained with proper examples, I like the session and I will prmote to my students as well.

By Shubham S

Aug 01, 2020

A good start but the way the prof was speaking I felt sleepy in 2 min videos also.

Sorry if anyone disagrees with me.

By Botikapremkumar

The learning experience with this course may leads me to achieve my goals...I am very thankful to learn this course.

By abdul h

Apr 19, 2020

He is teaching excellent way each every term clearly.it help us to attempt quiz.new thing we learn by these course.

By Abdullah T R

Sep 01, 2018

My sincere gratitude and appreciation for Dr. English for his dedicated efforts in this wonderful beneficial course.

By Umang S M

Aug 09, 2018

Excellent quality of the course material and thanks to the instructor very easy way made to understand the language

By Scott A

May 15, 2018

A good overview of the Digital Manufacturing and Design. The course brought me up to date with the new technology.

By Abhijit A B

Aug 26, 2018

The course is well structured covering the latest developments and changes happening in the manufacturing world.

By Kasuntha M

Jun 27, 2020

Great opportunity to gain an introductory knowledge for the field of digital manufacturing with its key factors.

By Nasir M A

Gave an idea about what is Industrial revolution 4.0 and why is it necessary. I was a good introductory session

By mariam A

May 19, 2019

I learn a lot about the 4 generations and how it will going to impact on the human and the industries in future

By Shanal T

Jul 13, 2020

I literally got the overview of how it works in industry and how rapidly it is changing, Thanks for the course

By Forler S

Aug 03, 2020

Excellent cours! Qui intéressera tous les passionnés de l'Industrie efficiente et robotisée !!! :D

Sola Fide

By Anoop J

Jul 26, 2017

Very informative and provides an excellent overview of digital manufacturing including practical tools.

By Shaham P K

Aug 14, 2020

Thanks for providing this kind of online course

For our greater good

And thanks to university of bafallo

By Sharmila N

Jun 28, 2020

I learn more about this course. How to make a product with efficient and l learn digital technologies.

By JUAN D C S

Aug 09, 2020

Excelente curso, inicialmente una introduccion muy util para contextualizar e informar bien del tema.

By Sompalli L k

Jun 18, 2020

Me can learn many things through these course and this will be more important for Mechancal students

By Mani N

May 13, 2020

Learnt lot of Information about Digital Manufacturing, Digital thread, Intelligent Machining etc...

By Maria S N

Sep 30, 2017

Complete and simple to understand. This course gives a holistic overview of the current DMD approach.

By Robert N

The course in general was great for me, I was able to learn many new things. and involve in my work.

By Deepak K

Apr 25, 2020

Perfectly explain the course by expert.I really love to learn Digital Manufacturing & design course.

By amirhadjbrahim

Apr 16, 2020

Nice course. It is a helpful introduction to have a look about the next generation of Manufacturing.

By BIREN D

Mar 09, 2020

Really enjoyed this course and the entire specialization. I got a lot of useful information from it.