Back to Disability Inclusion in Education: Building Systems of Support

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Disability Inclusion in Education: Building Systems of Support by University of Cape Town

Worldwide millions of children are not able to fully participate in schooling, and this is especially a problem for children with disabilities. In this course, we explore the support that teachers need in order to meet the needs of children with severe to profound hearing, visual and intellectual disabilities. We consider how this can be done by talking with a range of experts (from teachers to activists) about inclusive education as well as sharing experiences of education. Inclusive education is only possible if teachers are supported and empowered to make the curriculum accessible to all learners. The topics in this course cover developing disability confidence and what exactly children with specific impairments need to be able to learn. This includes sharing specific classroom strategies and teaching activities for learners who are D/deaf or hard of hearing, blind or have low vision or have a severe to profound intellectual disability. By the end of the course, you will be familiar with the impairment specific needs of learners with disabilities, and how to build systems of support for inclusive education. You will be able to purchase a Verified Certificate if you wish to show evidence of your achievements, but this is optional, and you may apply for Financial Aid if you are unable to pay the certificate fee. This course was developed as part of the project ´Strengthening teaching for Children with profound Hearing, Visual and Intellectual Disabilities in South Africa` co-funded by Christoffel-Blinden Mission (CBM) and the European Union....

MA

May 13, 2019

I'm truly satisfied that I followed this course. It enhanced my knowledge about Disability education and inclusion. Easy steps and instructions. Well informed. This will surely help me in my career.

VF

Jun 28, 2020

Thank you so much for having this kind of course it really help me on my job. Thank you for sharing your expertise and knowledge. I will apply all the things that I have learned in this course.

26 - 39 of 39 Reviews for Disability Inclusion in Education: Building Systems of Support

By Jessica H

Jul 28, 2020

This is a great course it gives you information on all sorts of things relating to disability inclusion including how different disabilities affect children and methods of teaching which ensure they can still learn. I really enjoyed this course so I would highly recommend

By Vivien T F

Jun 28, 2020

By KAREN N P P

Jul 06, 2020

Excellent. Fully recommended for understand the disability inclusion and the role of all stakeholders of the school community.

By Khoiri N

Jun 19, 2020

This course help me to more understand and engaging concept of Inclusion in Education

By Mokgosi F

Mar 16, 2020

Hi

I'm done with week 1...I'm fine with week2.

Why is my profile stuck on week 1?

By TENJEI G F

Jul 25, 2020

Excellent, rich and very informing. Thanks, l did not miss the course.

By Lazie M N

Jun 11, 2020

great course. fun to complete. relevant for a teaching career

By Sunand S

Mar 18, 2020

I have learnt

By Ethan T B

Apr 27, 2020

Excellent

By Victoria T

May 23, 2020

The course was very informative and enjoyable! I would have appreciated if there was also information on Individuals with physical disabilities. It has definitely increased my knowledge on how I can improve as a teacher advocating for inclusive education.

By Sherif M A A A

Jul 12, 2020

I'm really satisfied that I followed this course. It enhanced my information, knowledge and understanding about Disability education and inclusion.

By Sushi P

Nov 23, 2019

Great course and learning

By Anastasiia P

Mar 15, 2020

I lost an interest to this course and never will recommend to anybody. The worse part is assignments. Why do I have to redo millions times my work which evaluation based on others objective opinion, who probably was not even reading it and just put some grades.