Back to Dog Emotion and Cognition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dog Emotion and Cognition by Duke University

Dog Emotion and Cognition will introduce you to the exciting new study of dog psychology, what the latest discoveries tell us about how dogs think and feel about us, and how we can use this new knowledge to further strengthen our relationship with our best friends....

LT
Aug 3, 2019

Great course with a lot of new information, not just about dogs but even domestication of other species, including humans. The predictability of aggression in humans would be an interesting next topic

DE
Dec 13, 2020

I learned valuable information about dogs. I can better understand the thought processes of my own dogs. I really like that the lecture slides were provided after the lectures, so I could review them.

251 - 275 of 1,126 Reviews for Dog Emotion and Cognition

By Vanesa V L

Feb 18, 2019

El curso está siendo muy completo y el Dr. Brian un gran experto en la materia y con una gran habilidad para explicar las cosas de forma fácil. Muy cercano y amable. Un muy buen curso.

By Adrián G Z

Apr 27, 2017

Is a great course if you want to understand how is that dogs have become such important part of human life and to know how they interact with the world around them. Thanks Doctor Hare!

By Gabi

Jun 14, 2020

Learned a lot of interesting and surprising facts. It was very pleasant and fun to follow Dr. Hare's lectures. The passion for this topic clearly shines through. Glad I participated.

By Isabel W

Jun 17, 2019

I loved this course! It opened my mind to thinking about animals in far different ways than I normally would. It was very interesting, and I am now going to read The Genius of Dogs!

By Yon J C

Jul 8, 2017

Great course, learnt a lot of new and interesting things as someone who loves dogs. Hope to use some of the material I learnt in my MOOC on the relationship between humans and dogs

By James M ( W

Sep 6, 2016

This is amazing. I truly enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone that loves dogs and wants to know more about them. I will probably take this class again. I liked it that much.

By Joy N

Apr 20, 2018

Dr. Hare is an engaging teacher and the course content is a wonderful adjunct to the typical dog training literature. I really enjoyed the course and his book, which I purchased.

By Natalia S

I loved that course! It was informative, interesting, very entertaining! Don't miss it if you have a dog, interested in dogs, love dogs, work with dogs! - Greetings from Hungary!

By BITNA L

Oct 21, 2017

I am just starting to take this lecture, but I think it's really good lecture. The pf talk to me very easily and make me understand well. This subject is not difficult. I like it

By BEATRIZ A B M

Jul 13, 2020

Es un curso bastante claro e interesante, pues nos ayuda a comprender un poco mas a nuestros perros y nos da la pauta para seguir aprendiendo sobre como comunicarnos con ellos.

By Olivia W

Jan 19, 2020

Never felt like I HAD to do this course, always looked forward to it and to seeing Brian again haha! An informative and very enjoyable couple of weeks. Wish I could do it again.

By Jennifer K

Jul 11, 2017

I loved the course because I learned so much about dogs and coursera gave me the opportunity to do so at my own speed whenever I had time and felt capable of learning! Thank yo

By Tashauna M

Oct 3, 2019

This course gave me wonderful insight into a corner of learning and training that I hadn't considered before. I can't wait to do the entire dognition experiment with my dogs.

By Lorraine C

May 9, 2016

Fantastic course! I have learned so much. Worth reading the book "Genius of Dogs". So happy to have a certificate from Duke University signed by Brian Hare! Totally worth it!

By Francisco C Z

Jan 25, 2016

Really interesting, I learned a lot from this course. It's approach was more scientific than I expected, which is a great thing. Some experiments presented here blew my mind!

By Rayane R L

Thanks for this course! I’m very interesting to give the book and Brian is a really good teacher. Thanks for sharing all the things you know with us! Cheers from New Zealand

By Vaishak S

Jul 5, 2020

Absolutely loved the course and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. The module quizzes made the course to be more interactive and engaging. Great stuff by Dr.Brian Hare.

By DENISE W C

Great course! Learned a lot about how animals learn, with yet so much more for me to learn and practice. The Genius of Dogs was also an excellent resource. Thank you again!

By Murat A

Dec 9, 2019

It is an excellent course. The course content is evident-based and scientific. While it is very comprehensive, the language is simple enough for any person to understand.

By Ashley G

Jan 5, 2016

i love this course! No where around me at all offers a class like this and for my situation the fact that its online is even better! I've learned/learning a lot, thank you!

By Abraham N

Jul 12, 2020

An incredibly well designed course, easy to follow the professor who is not shy of rigorous scientific rigor and providing a new venue for learning this discipline matter.

By James T

Apr 7, 2018

Very well constructed. The information flows at a perfect pace. This course would be beneficial for all dog owners, trainers, rescuers, anyone who interacts with canines.

By Alejandra d R F S

Jul 10, 2020

As a vet I was happy to complement in this way my knowledge about dogs, especially everything involving the history of their domestication and their cognitive abilities.

By Nikki M

Oct 27, 2017

Really improved my knowledge of what research is now available about dogs and what we know about their evolution. Lovely illustrations and simple, easy explanations. :)