Back to Dog Emotion and Cognition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dog Emotion and Cognition by Duke University

Dog Emotion and Cognition will introduce you to the exciting new study of dog psychology, what the latest discoveries tell us about how dogs think and feel about us, and how we can use this new knowledge to further strengthen our relationship with our best friends....

LT
Aug 3, 2019

Great course with a lot of new information, not just about dogs but even domestication of other species, including humans. The predictability of aggression in humans would be an interesting next topic

DE
Dec 13, 2020

I learned valuable information about dogs. I can better understand the thought processes of my own dogs. I really like that the lecture slides were provided after the lectures, so I could review them.

176 - 200 of 1,123 Reviews for Dog Emotion and Cognition

By Ana K

Jan 8, 2016

It was very interesting course, I thought I knew a lot about dogs psychology and cognition but it turned out that I have a lot of white blankc about some thing. Very informative course with good slides and some very interesting information.

By Ayda E

Sep 6, 2020

Absolutely amazing! I could not stop reading the book and going through the course. I learned so much about the science behind it all, evolution, and not only how dogs behave but other animals too, that it was inspiring. Thanks Dr. Hare!

By Lynette T

Sep 2, 2020

Amazing course with loads of information for anyone wanting to understand dogs and animals on their level. I have totally enjoyed the experience and recommend this course to anyone wanting to understand the human relationship with dogs.

By Abdu & C Y

Feb 24, 2019

it is a perfect course for understanding dogs what are able to do or not. you will love teacher because you understand that he loves animals and he gives great examples. thank you for giving us opportunity to take this course like this.

By Lauren M M

Apr 22, 2017

GREAT information, great teacher with a positive attitude and open-mind. I wish there would have been more interactive material and the quizzes were not only two questions before getting to final exam. I hope there will be more to come!

By TAN W C

Jul 6, 2020

Very interesting and enjoyable course with a lot of fun facts and information. Highly recommended if you wish to understand why your dog behaves this way and what they are thinking. Thank you Dr. Brian, for running this course online.

By keerthana r

Jul 3, 2020

Absolutely loved this course. It is extremely informative and the syllabus was beautifully framed. this course is definitely going to help me in my future endeavors. The tests were extremely helpful and the course was very interesting.

By Nancy E G S

May 13, 2020

Is an interesting course because it explains how was the process that dogs went through until they became what we consider most of people today as our best friend, and it also explains the different types of intelligence between dogs.

By Lynn S

May 8, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this course! It was extremely interesting and engaging - I talked about this course to everyone I know! I loved getting to know my dog better and look forward to the monthly games provides by the Dognition website!

By Lian P

Mar 5, 2016

I have just taken this course and I am completely captivated ! Moving at a very fast pace to finish it. It is really fun to learn and of a great help since i have two puppies at home. Thank you Doc. Hare for making this great course !

By Stacey B

May 6, 2020

Very interesting course! Dr. Hare is passionate about the subject matter and that really shines through in his delivery.

Hopefully information like this helps us redefine our relationship with dogs as well as better understand them.

By Visvesh

Sep 25, 2016

Well paced, lots of information to assimilate and understand. This course focuses on general aspects of evolution and cognition, and then moves on to the application of principles to animals generally, and then, particularly, to dogs.

By María P S

Sep 26, 2020

Un curso muy completo que ayuda a entender mejor al mejor amigo del hombre desde un enfoque evolutivo de la cognición y que además nos ayuda a entender mas sobre el ser humano. Se complementa mucho con el libro y la pagina Dognition.

By Jobie W

Oct 26, 2020

I loved this course. It was easy to follow but complex enough to provide a challenge. Thanks! I love Dognition and look forward to using what I've learned with my 3 year old GSD and 2 month old GSD and all the dogs that I work with.

By Olani A

Oct 14, 2018

This course was full of interesting information! Dr. Hare was very thorough and clear in all of the examples and explanations of complicated topics. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in dogs, animals, and cognition.

By Victoria

May 23, 2017

This course was fascinating and incredibly thorough. While dense in information Dr. Hare was really good at addressing his audience and explaining terms that the non-scientific population may not know.

Fascinating course! Thank you!

By April W D

Oct 2, 2015

Only halfway through and I give this course 5 stars. The instructor is fun and charming. The course is very interesting and informative. Thanks for putting this out. I hope you put out more moocs like this in the future. :)

~April W.

By Samuel D

Oct 31, 2018

Very informative course about both biology and psychology of dogs as well a humans and apes, with applications to life and detailed knowledge. The course is straight to the point with each lecture being useful and interesting.

By Deborah H

Jun 8, 2016

I loved Hare and Dognition - this was informative and fun but probably needs an update given recent research by Oxford's Larson. Though I'm still firmly in Savolainen's camp, it'd be interesting to hear Hare's take on it all.

By edebuss3

Jan 2, 2021

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. The information was all very interesting so it was not difficult to absorb. I look forward to taking what I've learned and applying it to my ultimate goal of becoming a dog trainer.

By Janice R W

Nov 14, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed taking this course developed and presented by Dr. Brian Hare!! I learned so much that will help me in my career as a dog trainer. I look forward to learning from additional courses available on Coursera.

By Hillary A O M

It was great learning so many things about dogs and how the research ties with human beings and other animals. And Dr. Hare was a magnificent teacher; his enthusiasm about the subject really shines through and pulls you in.

By Dwayne F

Feb 10, 2020

An informative well-worth it course. It is challenging and thought provoking. Truly enjoyed it. I enjoyed the quiz and tests also enabling you to learn what you may have missed. Thank you, Dwayne Farris BCK9SERVICES.COM

By Sally L

Oct 5, 2016

I learned a lot about the way animals perceive the world and how we as humans can give them a better life. We are all connected. Dr, Hare was filled with information audit was easy to gain the knowledge thru his lectures.

By Elise D

Oct 25, 2015

Great course to understand how dogs have become the species they are today and how they distinguish themselves from other species. I've learned a lot about my own dog and how other dogs vary in their own thinking abilities.