Back to Dog Emotion and Cognition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dog Emotion and Cognition by Duke University

Dog Emotion and Cognition will introduce you to the exciting new study of dog psychology, what the latest discoveries tell us about how dogs think and feel about us, and how we can use this new knowledge to further strengthen our relationship with our best friends....

DE
Dec 13, 2020

I learned valuable information about dogs. I can better understand the thought processes of my own dogs. I really like that the lecture slides were provided after the lectures, so I could review them.

LT
Aug 3, 2019

Great course with a lot of new information, not just about dogs but even domestication of other species, including humans. The predictability of aggression in humans would be an interesting next topic

1176 - 1200 of 1,200 Reviews for Dog Emotion and Cognition

By Jonathan G

Jan 16, 2018

I find this course redundant and useless. You can simply learn how to train your dog without having to take a course. You simply feed and training a dog not to bark, obey commands and obey verbal commands with some authority as dogs have a pack mentality. You do not need a course to learn this!

By Luiza K

Jul 19, 2021

​The audio is not very good and it's uncomfortable to watch some of the videos because of it. The subtitles aren't correct most of the times, so you can't watch them on mute either. The content is good overall and I would've enjoyed the course a lot more if the quality of the material was better.

By Rebecca K

He advertised his book and game A LOT. Either give it to your students, require it for the class, or suggest/plug it a couple times and drop it

By Elisabeth M

Sep 30, 2015

Videos kept cutting out either entirely or the sound would cut out. Made it very difficult to follow.

By Ohad N

Feb 8, 2020

The course is not interesting. A lot of nothing was talked.

I didnt got realy much from the course.

By Yuxi X

Mar 22, 2016

The professor talks too much about the website and his book! That doesn't make any sense!

By Monika M

Jan 4, 2016

I have fallen asleep during 3/4th week, and it have never happened to my during any of the Coursera courses... I'm sorry, but it completely failed my expectations. 3 weeks out of 7 gone, and I have learnt absolutely nothing about dogs. Yes, I got some psychological basis, but that's not what I looked for/ The lecturer politely suggests to buy his book ... well if it is the same quality as the presented course, than it's useless...

By Selina R

Aug 27, 2018

Not to keen on spending $75 for a piece of paper that doesn't even mean anything it's not like the university that provides the course even recogonizes the course as literally anything why would anyone else? just because you paid $75! I could just make up a certificate and say I've got it and it would hold the same value as this, just because it's free doesn't mean it should be worthless....

By Natalie E H

May 22, 2016

*No Stars*

Okay.... this class is very pointless. It is super boring and gives me little information. He says that you do not need to buy his book or visit his suggested website, however that is all he talks about.

At least the tests are not focused on that, its mostly on vague points he explains. I would not recommend this class.

By silbi s

Apr 15, 2016

The guy is full of shit. He's just trying to sell you his book and his online game product. He was also obsessed with bragging about all of his accomplishments. I was quite disgusted by him at the end. I paid for the certification, but now I want my money back.

By Sidney S

Feb 23, 2019

Not a lot of information if you have even minimal interest in the subject.

Seems more like advertising to go to his somewhat bogus site and spend money for ego and add to his "research."

By Dean M

Jun 11, 2017

Too much emphasis on a misguided belief in the religion of Darwinism. Focus more on real scientific evidence of dog behavior, and the course will be much better.

By Ashley

Oct 21, 2015

A waste of money. Only $50, but it was so terrible I did not even want to finish it. And apparently I waited too long to get a refund as well. Never again.

By Adam P

Sep 30, 2016

If you didn't like the first few lectures, you won't like the rest. It won't get better. More repetition, clichés, and advertisement that anything else.

By Michelle M C

Jan 2, 2016

I just do not feel a connection with this professor - he is constantly plugging his book and the website. The content is just not engaging.

By Kt B

May 22, 2020

A ploy to sell their books and internet subscriptions. If I could give negative stars, I would.

By Grainne M

Mar 6, 2016

Not learning much and constantly being bombarded with sales tactics. Not impressed.

By Janet A

Jan 31, 2017

A waste of time. One long advertisement for the instructor's book.

By Kari S

Sep 7, 2015

Mostly just an ad for the instructor's startup. Very annoying.

By Judith M

Feb 21, 2016

This was a giant advertisement and got tiresome very quickly.

By Ivan C G C

Sep 23, 2021

A lot of advertising, so poor about tehcniques and studies.

By Djulio L

Jan 27, 2021

too much filler, lack of depth, too promising title

By 李惠