Back to Dog Emotion and Cognition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dog Emotion and Cognition by Duke University

Dog Emotion and Cognition will introduce you to the exciting new study of dog psychology, what the latest discoveries tell us about how dogs think and feel about us, and how we can use this new knowledge to further strengthen our relationship with our best friends....

LT
Aug 3, 2019

Great course with a lot of new information, not just about dogs but even domestication of other species, including humans. The predictability of aggression in humans would be an interesting next topic

RR

This course was very informative and interesting. Even people without dogs as pets and having an interest towards pets can take up this course. By doing so, we get to understand ourselves better.

226 - 250 of 1,091 Reviews for Dog Emotion and Cognition

By Maria L C

Sep 23, 2018

Absolutely brilliant!!! I am a veterinarian and very into dogs so no surprised I liked it, but I think this could be just the course for anyone that has a dog or is thinking of getting one.

By Ellen E

Jun 21, 2018

This was a great introductory course for dog evolution and cognition. I hope there will someday be a part two to this - presenting more insights into dog cognition as more research is done.

By Olivia R

Jul 1, 2016

This course was engaging and informative. Dr. Hare picked a great line of work, as he kind of reminds me of a friendly puppy himself. I look forward to more research from these experiments!

By Joy S

May 21, 2016

Excellent. Maybe my favorite course on Coursera ever. Full of useful, compelling, new information. Instructor super friendly and a great communicator. Obviously he learned from his dog.

By Hazard G W

Jan 1, 2016

Thought provoking. Different cultural attitudes toward dogs a little unsettling - given number of bites and attacks, resources devoted to dogs rather than to humans, is a serious question.

By Kimberly E

Oct 14, 2015

Interesting insights about how dogs think and what we perceive through their behavior. Taken purely for personal enrichment. Wish I'd had more time available to work with the lab material.

By Sandra C

Aug 14, 2015

I loved the course. Please, could you pland other courses about dogs, cognition, emotion, trainning....?

I think the profesor is very good. Plese, could you organized more courses with him?

By Adjery d M U C

Sep 30, 2020

An excellent course, especially for those of us who love dogs or are already professionals in the veterinary area, it is really easy and entertaining. Thank you very much from Costa Rica!

By Tonathiu D L C M

Mar 12, 2018

Muy buen curso, interesantisimo y facil de seguir, continuen así y faciliten la adquisión de material si es que lo van a vender para que no recurramos a otras fuentas a obtenerlo. Gracias

By Jenny M

Nov 17, 2015

Such a great and interesting course! I'm really learning so much from this and feel it's really well put together. Great work from Brian Hare et al - keep up the good work you're doing!

By PATIL O A

Jul 23, 2020

Thank you so much to everyone who made this course available and of course also the coursera. It gave me a lot of information and I am definitely looking forward for many such courses.

By Carrie S F

Feb 3, 2020

This really helped with my dog training business to better understanding individual dog's and what they need based on their strengths and weaknesses shown with the cognitive profiling!

By Vanesa V L

Feb 18, 2019

El curso está siendo muy completo y el Dr. Brian un gran experto en la materia y con una gran habilidad para explicar las cosas de forma fácil. Muy cercano y amable. Un muy buen curso.

By Adrián G Z

Apr 27, 2017

Is a great course if you want to understand how is that dogs have become such important part of human life and to know how they interact with the world around them. Thanks Doctor Hare!

By Gabi

Jun 14, 2020

Learned a lot of interesting and surprising facts. It was very pleasant and fun to follow Dr. Hare's lectures. The passion for this topic clearly shines through. Glad I participated.

By Isabel W

Jun 17, 2019

I loved this course! It opened my mind to thinking about animals in far different ways than I normally would. It was very interesting, and I am now going to read The Genius of Dogs!

By Yon J C

Jul 8, 2017

Great course, learnt a lot of new and interesting things as someone who loves dogs. Hope to use some of the material I learnt in my MOOC on the relationship between humans and dogs

By James M ( W

Sep 6, 2016

This is amazing. I truly enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone that loves dogs and wants to know more about them. I will probably take this class again. I liked it that much.

By Joy N

Apr 20, 2018

Dr. Hare is an engaging teacher and the course content is a wonderful adjunct to the typical dog training literature. I really enjoyed the course and his book, which I purchased.

By Natalia S

I loved that course! It was informative, interesting, very entertaining! Don't miss it if you have a dog, interested in dogs, love dogs, work with dogs! - Greetings from Hungary!

By BITNA L

Oct 21, 2017

I am just starting to take this lecture, but I think it's really good lecture. The pf talk to me very easily and make me understand well. This subject is not difficult. I like it

By BEATRIZ A B M

Jul 13, 2020

Es un curso bastante claro e interesante, pues nos ayuda a comprender un poco mas a nuestros perros y nos da la pauta para seguir aprendiendo sobre como comunicarnos con ellos.

By Olivia W

Jan 19, 2020

Never felt like I HAD to do this course, always looked forward to it and to seeing Brian again haha! An informative and very enjoyable couple of weeks. Wish I could do it again.

By Jennifer K

Jul 11, 2017

I loved the course because I learned so much about dogs and coursera gave me the opportunity to do so at my own speed whenever I had time and felt capable of learning! Thank yo