Back to Drug Discovery

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Drug Discovery by University of California San Diego

The University of California San Diego, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Drug Discovery course brings you lectures from both faculty and industry experts. With this course, recorded on campus at UCSD, we seek to share our access to top people in the field who bring an unprecedented range of expertise on drug discovery. In this course you will learn the drug discovery process up to the filing of an Initial New Drug Application or IND. Each week you will learn the steps that a pharmaceutical or biotech company goes through to discover a new therapeutic drug. In this course you will be able to: * Understand the pharmaceutical and biotechnology market a changing landscape * Learn the major aspects of the drug discovery process, starting with target selection, to compound screening to designing lead candidates. * Recognize current modern drug discovery based on the lock-and-key theory, which attempts to use one single compound to hit one target to combat the related disease. * Increase understanding of the various drug discovery tools and methods that are used for finding, identifying and designing a new drug. * Define and understand the regulatory responsibilities for drug discovery to file an Investigational New Drug Application (IND). This course is intended as part 1 of a series: Drug Discovery, Drug Development (https://www.coursera.org/learn/drug-development) and Drug Commercialization (https://www.coursera.org/learn/drug-commercialization). We would highly recommend that you take the courses in order since it will give you a better understanding on how a drug is discovered in the lab before being tested in clinical trials and then launched in the market place....

HG

Oct 15, 2018

Very well done and informative. I truly appreciate the Drug process in entirety being broken down into sections that are easy to comprehend. It is obvious the speakers were chosen for their knowledge.

JS

Apr 16, 2021

This course helps to understand the basic fundamental & principles of drug discovery clearly. I am very thankful to the Coursera and University of California San Diego for providing this course to me.

51 - 75 of 613 Reviews for Drug Discovery

By Marie A B

May 6, 2020

The lectures were given in a concise and informative manner. I liked how the lessons overlapped one another and you see the importance of each topic as the course progressed. The lecturers were also very engaging and fun!

By Evan A

May 5, 2020

An excellent broad overview of what goes into drug development and to current trends in the pharmaceutical industry. Ideal for anyone who is new to the industry and would like to know more about the lay of the land.

By Aishwarya.L

Jul 6, 2020

Well I have learned many things in this particular course....so there is no need for changes...Anyone who take up this course will end up in learning many new topics....I have no issues regarding this course

By Matías G

May 1, 2020

Muy interesante para obtener una introducción del descubrimiento de drogas (sobretodo pequeñas moléculas). Es un curso muy rápido y llevadero de hacer. Las explicaciones y las clases están muy bien logradas.

By Chris H

Mar 2, 2020

This is my first course in any topic or area of pharmceutical studies and I found it very fulfilling and informative. I like the format, the pace and that there were a variety of people giving the lectures.

By GUNDALA P

Apr 27, 2020

After the 3 weeks of lectures, I would say confidently say that I learned a lot about basics, procedures involved in the drug discovery strategies and challenges faced while drug discovery and development.

By Rapaka S E

Jan 13, 2022

THIS COURSE WAS VERY MUCH HEPFUL TO ME. I GET TO KNOW THE POTENTIAL BENEFITS AND MECHANISM OF ACTIONS OF THE DRUG. I KNOW THE INFORMATION ABOUT ABSORPTION,DISTRIBUTION,METABOLISM AND EXCRETION OF A DRUG.

By Pavan K P

I really loved this course. It is perfectly set up to give an overall review of the trends in a drug development procedure. This course has everything that I was expecting to be in an introductory course.

By JANU P S

Apr 17, 2021

By Mario C

Jan 30, 2021

Wonderful course with many real examples of drugs taken into the clinic with also powerful presentations on the major changes taking places into the field of drug discovery. Well done! 5 stars

By Christian R R

Dec 21, 2020

Excelente curso, es impartido por personas con mucha experiencia, da mucha información interesante y relevante. Me dió una perspectiva diferente sobre el descubrimiento de nuevas moleculas.

By Fatima B

Jan 29, 2022

It is really good and informative course and i have learnt about how drug is discovered how we could enhance its production how drug could reproduce how much drug production is increased.

By Deepa P S

Sep 17, 2020

The course was designed so well so that i could read and comprehend it. I plan to use the knowledge learnt in the course in my career and apply it.. overall a very great experience :)

By 20pbya126 2

May 31, 2021

It was knowledgeable and the course had covered the main aspects on the topic drug discovery, it was really helpful for me to gain more information on pharma. I am really thankful

By Alexandra G

Nov 15, 2020

This course gives a very nice introduction into different considerations of drug development. Altough it is a bit older, I feel the topics are still relevant and up to date.

By MANAR K

Nov 8, 2020

As a pharmaceutical sciences student, this course was extremely helpful and interesting, the materials covered answered many of the questions I had in regards to the topic !

By Ravi K R J

Jul 21, 2020

Its highly recommended for all pharmacy graduates and undergoing postgraduates of pharmaceutical students, its worth pursuing, value added course. Thanks a lot Coursera Team

By David A B L

Sep 24, 2019

A great opportunity to learn from experts in the area, about how difficult is to get to generate a drug, but how hard, rational and intuitive work can bring solid results.

By Saikrishna S

Feb 23, 2022

The course on Drug Discovery is absolute enough for a beginner's understanding of basic drug development and industrial processes of drug designing and safety practices.

By adabala d

This course will help me in getting an idea about research for new drugs and site targets ,as well as which route is effective for administration of what type of drugs.

By Emilia C d l G

May 11, 2022

Bastante interesante, me gustó que tiene diferentes enfoques, por ejemplo, tanto financieras como farmacológicas (entre otras). La información es bastante digerible.

By Mayura S

Aug 2, 2020

Well covered basic concepts to get started on the Drug Development Path. Lot of topics are touched upon that would help us give the lead to topics of our interest.

By SAMARAKOON M P M G

Sep 24, 2020

This course was very helpful in undersdanding about drugs and how the field works. This have a good content and every detail was explained clearly..thankyou ❤❤

By Nishita o

Oct 15, 2020

It was great learning from this course on drug discovery and from speakers of different fields.

I enjoyed alot and had a great knowledge about drug discovery.

By Robert J

Dec 22, 2019

Very informative with great knowledgeable faculty that explain drug discovery in simple terms. Very useful for anyone involved in the pharma/biotech industry.