Back to Behavioral Finance

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Behavioral Finance by Duke University

4.4

We make thousands of decisions every day. Do I cross the road now, or wait for the oncoming truck to pass? Should I eat fries or a salad for lunch? How much should I tip the cab driver? We usually make these decisions with almost no thought, using what psychologists call “heuristics” – rules of thumb that enable us to navigate our lives. Without these mental shortcuts, we would be paralyzed by the multitude of daily choices. But in certain circumstances, these shortcuts lead to predictable errors – predictable, that is, if we know what to watch out for. Did you know, for example, that we are naturally biased towards selling investments that are doing well for us, but holding on to those that are doing poorly? Or that we often select sub-optimal insurance payment plans, and routinely purchase insurance that we don’t even need? And why do so many of us fail to enroll in our employer’s corporate retirement plans, even when the employer offers to match our contributions? Behavioral finance is the study of these and dozens of other financial decision-making errors that can be avoided, if we are familiar with the biases that cause them. In this course, we examine these predictable errors, and discover where we are most susceptible to them. This course is intended to guide participants towards better financial choices. Learn how to improve your spending, saving, and investing decisions for the future....

SK
Feb 25, 2020

Good course! There is just one thing I would improve here - an explanation of the mistakes after the tests are done. This improvement should increase the student`s understanding of specific topics.

M
May 2, 2018

This course was a very good sum up of Daniel Kahneman's thinking fast and slow. Definitely recommend to everyone who would like to know more about our flaws or would like to refresh your knowledge.

226 - 250 of 704 Reviews for Behavioral Finance

By Juan P D

Apr 19, 2021

I recommend this course to get started in the fantastic world of behavioral finance.

By Milton S

Nov 10, 2018

Very useful not only to money matters, but for life in general and decision making.

By Leonardo C d J

Sep 17, 2020

An excellent course taught by an excellent professor from an excellent university.

By Niraj J

Jun 20, 2020

Super informative, great lectures and notes, 100% would recommend to a colleague.

By Attila K

Apr 13, 2020

Great introductory course to BF. I will recommend it to all my colleagues.

Thanks

By CAMILA M B

CURSO SENSACIONAL, DIDÁTICO, MATERIAL ACADÊMICO AMPLO. PROFESSORES CAPACITADOS.

By PU S

Jan 28, 2021

Nice experience. But still I think I didn't manage these knowledges perfectly.

Apr 19, 2020

Learnt a bunch of new tools to analyse the stock market conditions even better

By Felisa S

Jan 4, 2018

Great course that helped me understand the psychology behind money! Loved it.

By Manju Y

Aug 29, 2020

it was good experience and also i learn various things on behavioral finance

By Guillermo L

Mar 5, 2018

Great course, very specific oriented, well exemplify and right to the point.

By Igor E V e M G

Jan 31, 2017

Very instructive, lot of examples that help to learn the most common biases!

By DONALYN A R

Sep 23, 2020

For a non finance major, this course is difficult but totally worth taking.

By Zena A

Aug 17, 2020

Accessible, informative and interesting. I enjoyed completing this course.

By Rodrigo N C

Oct 19, 2018

Really good course, and very well explained. It was a pleasure to take it!

By Elizabeth C

Jun 12, 2020

can make more simple. as few concepts had o use internet for more detail

By Graham P T

Jun 4, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. Loved the way it was organised and taught.

By Juan J C B

Feb 22, 2021

Excellent Course. Congratulation to Duke Univeristy and the Instructors

By MIDHUN S N 1

Aug 16, 2020

the course helped me to gain a lot of insights into behavioral finance.

By Araya W

Nov 28, 2017

The course contents are very informative.

Great course for this subject.

By Thanh D T

Jan 18, 2017

Overall, it summaries all the concepts you need in behavioral finance.

By Jim M

Nov 26, 2020

Wonderful course. Works well with Financial Markets course. Thanks.

By Tugce O

Nov 24, 2020

Really helped me to build the understanding of the course. Thank you.

By Suwaphit L

Jun 6, 2020

Well-structure course, really enjoy learning the knowledge with Emma.

By Pranav K

Jun 5, 2020

Dring this pandemic this was the best part and had learnt many things