Back to Behavioral Finance

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Behavioral Finance by Duke University

4.4

We make thousands of decisions every day. Do I cross the road now, or wait for the oncoming truck to pass? Should I eat fries or a salad for lunch? How much should I tip the cab driver? We usually make these decisions with almost no thought, using what psychologists call “heuristics” – rules of thumb that enable us to navigate our lives. Without these mental shortcuts, we would be paralyzed by the multitude of daily choices. But in certain circumstances, these shortcuts lead to predictable errors – predictable, that is, if we know what to watch out for. Did you know, for example, that we are naturally biased towards selling investments that are doing well for us, but holding on to those that are doing poorly? Or that we often select sub-optimal insurance payment plans, and routinely purchase insurance that we don’t even need? And why do so many of us fail to enroll in our employer’s corporate retirement plans, even when the employer offers to match our contributions? Behavioral finance is the study of these and dozens of other financial decision-making errors that can be avoided, if we are familiar with the biases that cause them. In this course, we examine these predictable errors, and discover where we are most susceptible to them. This course is intended to guide participants towards better financial choices. Learn how to improve your spending, saving, and investing decisions for the future....

AM
Aug 15, 2017

Great course! It allows to understand the twisted logic that run in our heads. Helps to establish the balance between probabilistic truth and illusions that infect our decision-making. Thanks a lot!

SK
Feb 25, 2020

Good course! There is just one thing I would improve here - an explanation of the mistakes after the tests are done. This improvement should increase the student`s understanding of specific topics.

101 - 125 of 651 Reviews for Behavioral Finance

By Bhakti S

Nov 27, 2020

its an extremely informative ,valuable, and interesting course . I would recommend this course for everybody to exactly know our behavioral gaps.

By Alexandr S

Oct 21, 2017

Very informative course that explains common investment mistakes in very simple manner. Doesn't require broad knowledge of finance or economics.

By Prashant N M

Mar 27, 2018

The content is easy to apply in practical scenarios to not only learn but make use of science to make professional & personal decisions wisely.

By Guilherme P d S

Apr 20, 2020

This is a great course, that that addresses the main concepts related to human decision making from the point of view of Behavioral Economics!

By Minal Y

Mar 27, 2020

It was quite helpful but one has to read a lot outside the syllabus also to get a proper insight on how the Behavioral Finance actually works

By Amol K

Sep 24, 2017

Please prepare better reading material and provide more mathematical insight and examples for each biases, as I think it'll be more helpful.

By Shaimerdenov O

May 23, 2019

Great, interesting, useful course. Hepled to understand concepts of behavioral finance, which helps to better prepare for CFA Level 3 exam.

By Dilsa j

Mar 26, 2020

While we attempt a quiz Please give us the reason of answer why it is wrong if reason will be displayed then we will be able to understand

By Sachin S

Jul 1, 2020

This course was really fascinating. I learned a lot, and it was really interesting to see the connections between psychology and finance!

By Jordan S

Jun 1, 2020

Very interesting course. It made me aware of bias that I did not realize. This will help me in personal and professional decision making.

By Pavithra J

Mar 18, 2019

Very interesting and extremely useful in understanding and stopping oneself from making mistakes that we routinely make without thinking.

By Tanay S

Jun 1, 2017

Amazing course by Duke University, learning was really accelerated with the help of all the case studies and real life situations.

By Anabel F

This course has been very helpful for me in understanding biases and will definitely help me in doing investments in the future.

By Sumedh D

Aug 21, 2017

The course is insightful, very easy to understand which helps in understanding the concepts. Definitely recommend you to take it

By Marc

Jun 30, 2017

Recently I have become very interested in behavioral economics and this course really helped me understand this discipline more.

By shailender s

Jun 23, 2020

Very interesting and useful course for every investor and any one interested in understanding / improving his decision making.

By Joshua W

Jul 8, 2019

Insane course! Would strongly recommend to high schoolers who are interested in Finance and have time to burn over the summer!

By Serafin

Dec 7, 2017

Very good information, a bit difficult to be engaged since the contents are a bit flat (Book style), but it's worth to stick.

By Farhad H

May 3, 2020

Very exciting! I found the last quiz the most challenging. It was very useful after learning economics in my A-level course.

By Udoyon B

Aug 27, 2020

Even if you have no financial knowledge, I think it is terrific that this course informs you about so many many things!

By Declan G

Jul 18, 2020

Lots of insights but difficult to grasp some notions on the first attempt so make sure you read the handouts carefully!

By Ahmed H

Jul 5, 2020

This course explains everything that happens with investing. I highly recommend it for all investors even professionals

By Myriam I

Apr 19, 2020

a really great course.

i have been able to understand everything, every topic was explained really well and in details.

By H. M M

Jan 7, 2018

When you really try to understand and learn sth. you can really improve your knowledge and understanding on the concept

By DHARMENDRA S V

Mar 28, 2017

Excellent study material and good for knowledge. I give full rating to this course - Duke University through coursera!!