Back to Behavioral Finance

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Behavioral Finance by Duke University

4.4

We make thousands of decisions every day. Do I cross the road now, or wait for the oncoming truck to pass? Should I eat fries or a salad for lunch? How much should I tip the cab driver? We usually make these decisions with almost no thought, using what psychologists call “heuristics” – rules of thumb that enable us to navigate our lives. Without these mental shortcuts, we would be paralyzed by the multitude of daily choices. But in certain circumstances, these shortcuts lead to predictable errors – predictable, that is, if we know what to watch out for. Did you know, for example, that we are naturally biased towards selling investments that are doing well for us, but holding on to those that are doing poorly? Or that we often select sub-optimal insurance payment plans, and routinely purchase insurance that we don’t even need? And why do so many of us fail to enroll in our employer’s corporate retirement plans, even when the employer offers to match our contributions? Behavioral finance is the study of these and dozens of other financial decision-making errors that can be avoided, if we are familiar with the biases that cause them. In this course, we examine these predictable errors, and discover where we are most susceptible to them. This course is intended to guide participants towards better financial choices. Learn how to improve your spending, saving, and investing decisions for the future....

SK
Feb 25, 2020

Good course! There is just one thing I would improve here - an explanation of the mistakes after the tests are done. This improvement should increase the student`s understanding of specific topics.

M
May 2, 2018

This course was a very good sum up of Daniel Kahneman's thinking fast and slow. Definitely recommend to everyone who would like to know more about our flaws or would like to refresh your knowledge.

151 - 175 of 700 Reviews for Behavioral Finance

By Albert L

Aug 30, 2018

Excellent introduction to Behavioural Finance! As an investor, I have made so many of these behavioural mistakes and it's great to at least be aware of them.

By sumit s

May 16, 2018

It was a good introductory course on behavioral finance. One will get to know about many hidden biases, which play a crucial role in their decision making.

By Prabhat S

Apr 21, 2020

Great Course! Knowing how human being make behavioral bias while making decision is very enlightening. I recommend all to take this course. All the best!!

By Isra N E A Y

Apr 19, 2018

It is a very valuable course and i am glad to be a part of it, this is something that you can confidently call accomplishment, thank you duke university:)

By Herminia E

Aug 20, 2017

Engaging, very well explained, not just an introduction, but a good comprehensive way to explain the reasons behind our every-day decision-making process.

By Cheng Y

Dec 4, 2020

The course materials and the professor's explanation are very good, and the knowledge points are refined very well, which is very helpful for learning.

By Tyrone G

Dec 15, 2020

Excellent course, really helped me to understand the emotions governing my investment decisions and also to evaluate decisions in my everyday life.

By P A N N 2

Sep 23, 2020

As a 1st year degree student, and as beginner to this subject, This course has given me great insights into the depths of few concepts. Thank you !

By priyanshu g

Jun 2, 2018

One of the awesome course with must read study material compilation.

Highly Recommended, atleast those who wish to trade at sometime in their life.

By Bhakti S

Nov 27, 2020

its an extremely informative ,valuable, and interesting course . I would recommend this course for everybody to exactly know our behavioral gaps.

By Alexandr S

Oct 21, 2017

Very informative course that explains common investment mistakes in very simple manner. Doesn't require broad knowledge of finance or economics.

By Prashant N M

Mar 27, 2018

The content is easy to apply in practical scenarios to not only learn but make use of science to make professional & personal decisions wisely.

By Guilherme P d S

Apr 20, 2020

This is a great course, that that addresses the main concepts related to human decision making from the point of view of Behavioral Economics!

By Minal Y

Mar 27, 2020

It was quite helpful but one has to read a lot outside the syllabus also to get a proper insight on how the Behavioral Finance actually works

By Amol K

Sep 24, 2017

Please prepare better reading material and provide more mathematical insight and examples for each biases, as I think it'll be more helpful.

By Shaimerdenov O

May 23, 2019

Great, interesting, useful course. Hepled to understand concepts of behavioral finance, which helps to better prepare for CFA Level 3 exam.

By Dilsa j

Mar 26, 2020

While we attempt a quiz Please give us the reason of answer why it is wrong if reason will be displayed then we will be able to understand

By Sachin S

Jul 1, 2020

This course was really fascinating. I learned a lot, and it was really interesting to see the connections between psychology and finance!

By Jordan S

Jun 1, 2020

Very interesting course. It made me aware of bias that I did not realize. This will help me in personal and professional decision making.

By Pavithra J

Mar 18, 2019

Very interesting and extremely useful in understanding and stopping oneself from making mistakes that we routinely make without thinking.

By Tanay S

Jun 1, 2017

Amazing course by Duke University, learning was really accelerated with the help of all the case studies and real life situations.

By Wuwarm

Feb 1, 2021

The curriculums are designed from easy to difficult. I learn many common behavioral finance issues in the course. Very valuable!

By Anabel F

This course has been very helpful for me in understanding biases and will definitely help me in doing investments in the future.

By Sumedh D

Aug 21, 2017

The course is insightful, very easy to understand which helps in understanding the concepts. Definitely recommend you to take it

By Marc

Jun 30, 2017

Recently I have become very interested in behavioral economics and this course really helped me understand this discipline more.