Back to Behavioral Finance

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Behavioral Finance by Duke University

4.4

We make thousands of decisions every day. Do I cross the road now, or wait for the oncoming truck to pass? Should I eat fries or a salad for lunch? How much should I tip the cab driver? We usually make these decisions with almost no thought, using what psychologists call “heuristics” – rules of thumb that enable us to navigate our lives. Without these mental shortcuts, we would be paralyzed by the multitude of daily choices. But in certain circumstances, these shortcuts lead to predictable errors – predictable, that is, if we know what to watch out for. Did you know, for example, that we are naturally biased towards selling investments that are doing well for us, but holding on to those that are doing poorly? Or that we often select sub-optimal insurance payment plans, and routinely purchase insurance that we don’t even need? And why do so many of us fail to enroll in our employer’s corporate retirement plans, even when the employer offers to match our contributions? Behavioral finance is the study of these and dozens of other financial decision-making errors that can be avoided, if we are familiar with the biases that cause them. In this course, we examine these predictable errors, and discover where we are most susceptible to them. This course is intended to guide participants towards better financial choices. Learn how to improve your spending, saving, and investing decisions for the future....

SK
Feb 25, 2020

Good course! There is just one thing I would improve here - an explanation of the mistakes after the tests are done. This improvement should increase the student`s understanding of specific topics.

M
May 2, 2018

This course was a very good sum up of Daniel Kahneman's thinking fast and slow. Definitely recommend to everyone who would like to know more about our flaws or would like to refresh your knowledge.

201 - 225 of 700 Reviews for Behavioral Finance

By Rea R

Jul 28, 2020

Enjoyed the samples in the course. I can follow even if I do not have background on investing or trading.

By Rodger A

Apr 29, 2020

Very insightful and usable. The course provides learnings that are applicable in daily decision making.

By N A K 1

Apr 26, 2020

Awesome course where we can learn many new information about the Behavioural finance concepts. Thank you

By Vikesh K

Apr 12, 2020

This is a very good course to know about what mistakes do when we are in a realistic word of investment.

By Matthew M

Dec 10, 2017

I enjoyed the course. It's already been relevant for my options trading and other investment activities.

By Rishav D

Sep 23, 2020

It was a great learning experience, the concept were very in-depth and with lots of practical examples.

By Sukriti S

May 8, 2020

A well structured course that overviews key biases in investor behaviour with practical applications;

By Nopadol R

Jul 30, 2020

This is a very good course. If you want to learn about behavioral finance, I strongly recommend it.

By Kousik G

Apr 18, 2020

It has been Wonderful learning experience. Teaching quality wonderful. , Notes has been thorough.

By Nathan P T J

Mar 13, 2018

Incredibly interesting and well thought out course. It was challenging, but very worth the effort.

By IP, M T Y

Jan 1, 2018

very interesting course; great for traders to learn beyond strategy but mental thinking. thank you

By Eric M

Jan 9, 2017

Very informative, fun to learn, plenty of material & well taught. I highly recommend this course!

By kavitha J

Apr 23, 2020

Very well articulated course. Big Thanks to the instructor for making it interesting. Thank you.

By Keshav S

May 31, 2017

It was wonderful experience to take this course, the practical examples provided were excellent.

By Francisco J R S

Aug 19, 2020

Very interesting and insightful course on the psychological aspects of finance and investment.

By Carlos N

Apr 27, 2020

Excelente curso que te permite profundizar y entender los sesgos en las decisiones financieras

By Serdar S

Sep 20, 2019

Deep minded course, i wish good luck to every one. It was pleasure to get this course, for me.

By Robson M d S

Nov 27, 2017

Excelent! I hope it helps me to improove my quality of analisys in economic/finances subjetcs.

By Kathleen S

Dec 4, 2020

It was a very challenging course, and I learned a lot. Thank you to the professor and staff.

By Hussein K

Jun 22, 2019

great course; very relatable and teaches you a lot about the real world. Extremely helpful.

By Jorge A C D l C

Jul 16, 2020

Really interesting and funny approach to better understanding of human and society biases

By Ted T

Feb 11, 2017

The best finance class I have ever taken! So easy to understand with many vivid examples

By Hemang T

Nov 10, 2020

Excellent opportunity to learn human behaviour and its correlation to how they invest.

By Ramon

Aug 27, 2017

Really great course! Very well put together and easy to understand. Thank you so much!

By MARTHATI H

Jan 10, 2021

Exceptionally good course which helps me to understand Investor behaviour accurately.