Back to Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS by Duke University

Learn foundational programming concepts (e.g., functions, for loops, conditional statements) and how to solve problems like a programmer. In addition, learn basic web development as you build web pages using HTML, CSS, JavaScript. By the end of the course, will create a web page where others can upload their images and apply image filters that you create. After completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Think critically about how to solve a problem using programming; 2. Write JavaScript programs using functions, for loops, and conditional statements; 3. Use HTML to construct a web page with paragraphs, divs, images, links, and lists; 4. Add styles to a web page with CSS IDs and classes; and 5. Make a web page interactive with JavaScript commands like alert, onClick, onChange, adding input features like an image canvas, button, and slider....

IS
Oct 5, 2015

This is the first course I am taking in Coursera.org. The valuable instructors of Duke University designed and created a masterpiece for learners. Thank you so much guys. Greets from Istanbul, Turkey.

JS
Jan 12, 2020

A very helpful code which allows you to learn the simple of JavaScript HTML and CSS. Very helpful in building websites and an excellent course for beginners or even people who have never coded before.

2551 - 2575 of 2,597 Reviews for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

By Simion H

Aug 19, 2019

I cannot use this course.

The learning steps are two big and not explained.

Instead of taking us with small steps, they show a bit of content (insufficient) and expect solving it without prior knowledge. In this respect I have had much better course with Udemy; would have expected better teaching skills on Coursera.

By Antony M

Sep 12, 2020

Its not detailed in explaining the method. I am a fast time HTML learner and the course starts by giving an assignment to "try it" but as a first time learner I have no idea what I am doing. The instruction videos are very very shallow!. Are they assuming students are pros before they sign up for the course?

By Justin G

Feb 15, 2016

I quit this course as it does not live up to the specialization which it begins. JavaScript is not Java. The course description should clearly state that JavaScript will be taught and that it will be used to draw boxes of different colors. I was extremely let down by this course.

By Justin B

Sep 24, 2015

Honestly not a very well designed course. I went through the videos and tests for weeks 1 and 2 and found that it's just rushing us through the basics while not really telling us much. Much of it was "here's an introduction to a tiny detail... You go find out the rest"..

By Akhil G

Apr 19, 2020

Please give the course name the right title so people can choose it properly. I searched for Java Programming and the course says Java programming and Software engineering fundamentals so I choose it but when I open up the course it says Javascript, HTML and CSS .

By Marina M

Feb 18, 2016

This course, starting from week 3 in NOT for beginners ​ at all. If you are truly new to programming you would understand nothing from the Java Script part of th​e course. A lot of people complain about the same issue during the course.

By Maxwell C

Jan 17, 2021

The course starts well. But then, it turns into an processing image course! In the end you even learn Steganography, to hide messages inside imagens, and the usage (according to the teacher) is to bypass government censorship 🤣🤣🤣

By Amir M O

May 24, 2016

Poorly designed and explained. You do not really gain much knowledge from this course.

I would not recommend my friends and basically others to take this course. There are far better courses out there for much cheaper prices.

By DHRUV B

Jun 28, 2020

Not satisfied with the course.

Please see other programming course like python and matlab and see yourself that there is a lot difference between them and this course.

please improve and make a mooc.

By Nicholas W

May 1, 2016

The instructors overly explain simple concepts and talk about programming inbetween makes the course confusing then you get lost and quiz you on stuff that was not properly explaiuned

By James B

Nov 22, 2020

The presentation was quite patronising and reminiscent of 1990s AOL adds in places. The content was presented very dryly without any interactivity. I would not recommend this course.

By Andre D

Jan 30, 2021

I signed up for "Java Programming and Software Engineering Fundamentals". Instead of learning Java, this class goes over Javascript/HTML/CSS which I don't need at all.

By Ivan I

Dec 13, 2016

This is a lie. I do everything. I complete week 2 and now i come back to watch videos about week 3 and i see that i dont do anything.Can you imagine ?Good job guyz.

By Christopher M

Jun 23, 2016

The jump to javascript is too great for beginners. Fundamental concepts of programming severely need more time spent on but are in fact glossed over too quickly.

By Ankit G

Oct 12, 2015

Very poorly structured. Explanation and examples were not very helpful. should revamp the course content and video lectures (specially the steganography part).

By Mohamed A L

Nov 22, 2015

The instructors rushed through the Javascript part. Unlike the previous sections, this section assumes that one knows Java and its syntax beforehand.

By Kirke B

Dec 7, 2020

I am dropping the Javascript course. The instructions don't line up with the screens. Please take this as an official drop as of 12/7/20.

By qiangui b

Nov 9, 2015

I drop at the beginning of the Javascript, before Javascript, everything is good, after Javascript, "What are they talking about"?

By Shourya P

Aug 9, 2020

The faculties are not that energetic.

It seems like they are just reading the lines which are kept in front of them.

By Obiora O

Nov 19, 2019

Reviewed course material as a quick re-cursor, some segments were informative - the course overall was very basic.

By Carmen

Jun 24, 2020

No hay forma de entrar al curso y está solo entre inglés no hay facilidad para entrar y muchos anuncios

By Yoni K

Dec 17, 2020

I got stuck many times, watched the lectures again, and didn't understand what is wrong with my code.

By Luke M

Dec 11, 2015

No ancillary reading material or text to help along with the assignments lead me to fail the course.

By Ritchelly C

Apr 16, 2020

Método de ensino não é satisfatório, não se começa a ensinar iniciantes com manipulação de imagens.