Back to Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS by Duke University

Learn foundational programming concepts (e.g., functions, for loops, conditional statements) and how to solve problems like a programmer. In addition, learn basic web development as you build web pages using HTML, CSS, JavaScript. By the end of the course, will create a web page where others can upload their images and apply image filters that you create. After completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Think critically about how to solve a problem using programming; 2. Write JavaScript programs using functions, for loops, and conditional statements; 3. Use HTML to construct a web page with paragraphs, divs, images, links, and lists; 4. Add styles to a web page with CSS IDs and classes; and 5. Make a web page interactive with JavaScript commands like alert, onClick, onChange, adding input features like an image canvas, button, and slider....

JS
Jan 12, 2020

A very helpful code which allows you to learn the simple of JavaScript HTML and CSS. Very helpful in building websites and an excellent course for beginners or even people who have never coded before.

IS
Oct 5, 2015

This is the first course I am taking in Coursera.org. The valuable instructors of Duke University designed and created a masterpiece for learners. Thank you so much guys. Greets from Istanbul, Turkey.

326 - 350 of 2,766 Reviews for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

By KRISHNA P K

Jul 8, 2020

All the sessions conducted were really helpful to execute during the tasks. I would definitely recommend people to opt for this course without giving a second thought.

By ASMA B

Feb 5, 2020

thanks for your effort i get lot of information in html css also javascript , basing on your lessons and documentations . i am very happy with this course thanks again

By tayyaba m

Dec 9, 2019

loved loved loved the course! Thumbs up to coursera and Duke university team. I would like to thank my teachers and coursera team for helping me earn this certificate.

By Christopher R

Feb 1, 2017

I think this is a great introduction to object oriented programming that Java uses. I have some background in Java already and can see the parallels this course brings

By Wei C

Sep 30, 2015

Great! Relatively intense but really beginner-friendly! You can make it in 2-3 days!

Look forward to the next course in this series.

Thanks! Drew, Robert,Susan and Owen!

By Paul S M V

Apr 15, 2018

There is a lot of information but the try it! exercises are great to obtain a better understanding and clarifying questions in order to obtain the knowledge expected.

By Joao G P d C

Apr 7, 2019

Thank you Coursera and Duke University for giving me this opportunity of learn more about programming, I'm very happy with this course and the chance you gave to me.

By Bu X

Oct 12, 2015

The professors are erudite and give amazing lecture. They explain the hard subject in an easy-to-understand way.Besides, they cover more knowledge in a limited time.

By Carlos S Z R

Sep 26, 2020

Gracias por brindarnos este conocimiento, aprendí demasiadas cosas que antes no tenía idea de como desarrollarlas, es un curso muy bueno para iniciar con las bases!

By Rasa J

Sep 20, 2020

It's great course for those who starts his first steps to code in HTML, JavaScript and CSS. The Course gives knowledge of background of these programming languages.

By W.G D D

May 15, 2020

Actually this course was very well organised l and it is very interesting to learn.Thank you very much coursera for offer me a financial aid to complete this course

By Александр Ё

Jul 18, 2019

Преподаватели отличные. Хорошо и доходчиво объясняют материал.

Есть что посмотреть и почитать. Правда субтитры только на английском, так что без знания языка никуда.

By susmitha

Jul 26, 2020

This course is very useful to all learning students.before I am fear about to write the program and now i am very and to interested to write the program .

By KUMBAM S S H

Jun 28, 2020

The course was quite interesting and made me to gain the knowledge in designing website .All the topics were explained in an interactive manner by the instructors.

By L

Oct 10, 2020

This is my first time to create website. To be honest, I did not like write code at begin. But now, I really enjoy the class and want to make a beautiful website.

By Alka S

Sep 29, 2020

It was a great and informative journey with the Duke Professors. Got to learn the technical aspects of the programming with quite interesting approach.Thank you.

By Fidele Y I

Jun 11, 2020

This program is helpful and needed for all beginner programmers!

For me, this program helps me to think like programmer and put me on another level!

Thank You Duke!

By Kamran M

Feb 9, 2019

Learned new things and completely new concept of teaching...Also it took 12 days to complete this course, i did not expect tasks will take 1-1.5 hours each day...

By Steven B

Sep 8, 2017

The instructors are very knowledgeable and break down everything into its fundamentals, which is perfect for beginners who need more time to acquire new concepts.

By Mostafa M

Feb 5, 2017

This was an engaging course prepared by an amazing group of instructors. I learned so much from it and I would recommend it to beginners in web development field.

By Pradeep Y

Oct 15, 2021

hi I am happy because your course is good and I have gaining for more knowlege, html and CSS ,JavaScript is good course .It is gaining for more knowlegable skill

By S K D

May 3, 2020

Very good explanation from all the mentor's had gave hands on experience on building page from motivating students to build on their own using concepts.

By Xinyue W

Apr 23, 2019

It is very helpful for novice programmer. Lectures are interesting and I have learn a lot from this course. I have already recommended this course to my friends.

By Joshua B

Aug 27, 2019

Great videos and activities to help you practice and understand what you're learning. The quizzes are great as well to make sure you know the important details.

By AITHARAJU S H

May 8, 2019

Very good explanation. I was new to HTML and this course made me to have good knowledge on HTML CSS and JS. I'll surely recommend this course to all my friends.