Back to Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS by Duke University

Learn foundational programming concepts (e.g., functions, for loops, conditional statements) and how to solve problems like a programmer. In addition, learn basic web development as you build web pages using HTML, CSS, JavaScript. By the end of the course, will create a web page where others can upload their images and apply image filters that you create. After completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Think critically about how to solve a problem using programming; 2. Write JavaScript programs using functions, for loops, and conditional statements; 3. Use HTML to construct a web page with paragraphs, divs, images, links, and lists; 4. Add styles to a web page with CSS IDs and classes; and 5. Make a web page interactive with JavaScript commands like alert, onClick, onChange, adding input features like an image canvas, button, and slider....

JS

Jan 13, 2020

A very helpful code which allows you to learn the simple of JavaScript HTML and CSS. Very helpful in building websites and an excellent course for beginners or even people who have never coded before.

AD

Jul 17, 2020

Excellent course .\n\nJust felt that there should be examples that could help someone to understand in a more better way.The videos were good and were very simple and easy to understand then the text.

76 - 100 of 2,035 Reviews for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

By Devon T

Oct 26, 2016

Challenging, but bite-sized lessons. The lessons give you enough information to complete the required assignments - making you stretch but not leaving you in the dark like some other MOOCs, in my experience. Mentors responded quickly in forums. Really enjoyed the course and looking forward to completing the Specialization.

By Nazir H

Feb 19, 2020

Great structure designed for effective and efficient learning - videos followed by exercises and quiz. It is a treat to learn from top quality teachers. Further, although timelines are perfectly flexible, course provides you reasonably calculated deadlines to complete your assignments - this keeps you pushing. Do consider

By Joy

Apr 11, 2019

This course is really great! I, as a beginner, learned a lot about web design through this course. Teachers explain knowledge step by step and the assignments are reasonable. They are helpful for me to understand and apply the theories better. So glad that Coursera provides the excellent chance for us to learn the course.

By Ang L

Oct 14, 2017

Special thanks to Susan H. Rodger, Robert Duvall, Owen Astrachan, Andrew D. Hilton and Gerry Fillery. Thank you DUKE UNIVERSITY. As a beginner, I‘ve seen a whole new world of programming and the web. Before I took this course,I thought I might never be able to program. Thank you for letting me break through myself!

By Romeo C

Aug 19, 2017

I loved content in this course! Instead of introducing lots of material at once, it stuck to a few concepts and allowed me to focus on and then master those few concepts, which provided a great baseline understanding on how to create and apply functions. I can't wait to start the next course. Thanks Team Coursera!

By Ernesto B

Mar 20, 2019

So far I have loved the lessons and the exercises. But I will say that this is NOT for someone with no programming experience. The class concept ("new", methods, etc.) may be above their head. I would suggest spending at least one hour going over that most important concept. Other than that, kudos to Duke!

By Elohim F F D C

Jan 25, 2020

I have found this course very rich in content, very professional guidelines and programming practices that will lead you to a better professional self-taught learner. It teaches you to think and solve problems on your own. So you can be a more independent learner when working professionally. Recommended!

By isnat h

Mar 21, 2020

A fun and challenging course. took a lot of my time. But, during the LONG haul I completed the course. When I passed the whole course, I was overjoyed. Tears came out of my eyes. It was fun to see something done, especially when something that is worth accomplishing. Looking for to next course! Peace.

By Pragya S

Jul 09, 2019

This course was full of knowledge. I learned so many things from it about basic fundamentals of JavaScript, HTML and CSS. And i really enjoyed this course i.e. "Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS" by doing it practically.

Finally I'll say this course is awesome for beginners like me.

By Erik P N C

Dec 07, 2016

Great course, I learned a lot about programming foundations. If you do not know anything about programming, this is the course to start. The teachers explain very well with good examples and the tasks are a challenge but well explained and these can be completed with the material learned in the videos.

By Marina B

Nov 26, 2015

Amazing professors, who as a unit put a lot of thought and creativity into the design of this course. This was a logical and appropriate acquaintance to programming, covering also necessities of Web design, serving as a great intro to computer science. I'm taking the next course in this specialization!

By Mohamed H

Oct 02, 2016

This course is super awesome! Eye opening concepts and plenty of exercises to drill down the concepts learned, for a complete beginner like myself, the problems and materials provided are sure to set you in the right mental direction. I loved the emphasis on problem solving, which is key in the field.

By Casey P J

Dec 30, 2018

Context is explained extremely well! All instructors are enjoyable to listen to. The lessons are clear and to the point which so much value given in a short video. The readings are challenging and really provide you good hands-on experience to further learn/understand what is taught in the videos.

By Bhole N

May 01, 2020

This course is very helpful for beginners and advanced skilled students which allows you to learn the simple of JavaScript ,HTML and CSS in deep. This course is very helpful in building websites, style the websites and make interactive for beginners or even people who have never coded before.

By Andrey V

Jun 10, 2019

This is the first course on Coursera, which I finished to the end. In the course of passing this course, I received a lot of new knowledge in programming and will definitely continue to study other courses of the chosen specialization. This course is a great start in learning programming!

By Ravishankar C

Oct 25, 2016

It was a very nice course. I was satisfied the way it was taught. The DLTP library is of great use for future projects. Thanks a lot for providing such a great course content which helped me to gain the basic knowledge on JavaScript. It was fun and interesting to solve "Try It!" section.

By Rayhaan P

Dec 03, 2015

Good course for getting started. JavaScript might be a bit confusing for new learners, but learning slowly and looking up stuff on the internet will surely help a lot (and I guess this was the intention of the course creators: to make learners look up stuff on the internet on themselves).

By Theodora D

Jul 18, 2019

Great introduction course for beginners! The topics are interested and explored suitably for the foundational level of JS, HTML & CSS. In my opinion, this course helps young people to find out whether or not they enjoy programming, and if it would be a field of further thorough research.

By HPDG

Oct 23, 2016

The materials are great and easy to understand.In the videos,professors articulates the content well.I've learned basic JavaScript,CSS and HTML,which might help me in the future.I don't know when and where I will use it right now.But It has been an thrilling experience to gain knowledge.

By Nilesh I

Dec 17, 2017

Nice Course. The course teaches the basics of HTML, CSS and JavaScript. The programming assignment projects help to implement the concepts from the video lectures. The projects involve creating simple webpages such as image processing using a blur filter etc. using SimpleImage library.

By Robert S

Feb 13, 2017

Well structured introduction to programming. By starting with HTML and a structured environment that takes most of the pain out of JavaScript but allows students to create real working applications, the approach makes you feel empowered and engaged while drilling through the basics.

By Muhammad U M

Jan 31, 2017

It is very interesting course with easy and comprehensive contents. It had short length videos which did not create boredom for me at all. I hope Coursera will improve it's stance more in the future. Thanks to Coursera team and teaching faculty. It is really adorable effort.

Regards

By Bhavin N

Lot of programming in this course. Excellent Explanation of A particular code in Reading Material. Proper Links to code. Understandable Code. I found this Course challenging and it was interesting to solve problem statements. I learnt lot of new things and the course is Very Good.

By Brendan M

Jul 04, 2018

I think this course is a very good introduction and I can not wait to see what the rest of this specialization is like! I wrote a detailed review here at https://medium.com/@masseybr/duke-university-programming-foundations-with-javascript-html-and-css-course-review-4ecd1677fbf7.

By Antônio J T S

May 14, 2019

I am Brazilian. My English is intermediate and this is a course almost completely in English. This helped me a lot, I managed to learn many things and the interactive slides in the videos were very important for that to happen. Thank you for the opportunity and the scholarship.