Back to Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS by Duke University

Learn foundational programming concepts (e.g., functions, for loops, conditional statements) and how to solve problems like a programmer. In addition, learn basic web development as you build web pages using HTML, CSS, JavaScript. By the end of the course, will create a web page where others can upload their images and apply image filters that you create. After completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Think critically about how to solve a problem using programming; 2. Write JavaScript programs using functions, for loops, and conditional statements; 3. Use HTML to construct a web page with paragraphs, divs, images, links, and lists; 4. Add styles to a web page with CSS IDs and classes; and 5. Make a web page interactive with JavaScript commands like alert, onClick, onChange, adding input features like an image canvas, button, and slider....

IS

Oct 06, 2015

This is the first course I am taking in Coursera.org. The valuable instructors of Duke University designed and created a masterpiece for learners. Thank you so much guys. Greets from Istanbul, Turkey.

JS

Jan 13, 2020

A very helpful code which allows you to learn the simple of JavaScript HTML and CSS. Very helpful in building websites and an excellent course for beginners or even people who have never coded before.

1726 - 1750 of 2,290 Reviews for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

By Mario A P C

Dec 08, 2018

A good course overall , i feel i learn new stuff i didn't no before. The only odds i would say about this course. Iss that when we need help we ain't get any form the forums.So we've get lost and we are moving around and going nowhere.

By Ahmed C

Oct 16, 2017

this course was so useful specially when it comes to how to solve problems using concepts like working on a smaller version of the problem and try to generalize the solution, the problem sets were fun too .. glad that i have took it .

By Max R

Feb 04, 2018

Got pretty challenging towards the end (Week 3 and 4) which was cool since I like a challenge. Really informational videos that go straight to the point and they explained everything perfectly. Excited to do the next four courses

By Geoffrey R

Nov 05, 2016

Decent introduction. Should consider more assignments with automated submissions. Maybe bonus assignments with automated submissions just to develop a broader introduction to different parts of the various languages discussed.

By Jay S S

May 16, 2020

A good place to start if you are absolutely clueless about web programming. This course gets you comfortable enough to start exploring on your own and they don't assume previous knowledge which is the best part. Loved it!

By Neha D

Oct 13, 2015

Week 4 was a big leap from week 3. Difficult with less time to complete the project. But course was good . I think course could be extended by adding 2 more weeks so that more practice sessions could be given to students.

By Christian A H

Feb 04, 2016

very nice soft start into programming, for someone who has some background would not be challenging but encourage them to continue through this specialization where it will be more challenging through the specialization

By Ritesh K

May 03, 2020

On the whole it was a great experience. There were a couple of spots where the instructions are outdated (how to include the source in the HTML in week 2) which caused some time wastage, so that glitch should be fixed!

By Beatrice D L

Feb 23, 2020

there are some issues with using Simple Image functions in Week 3 and 4 of the course (even with the troubleshooting), which makes it harder to complete the necessary work. however, it has been educational regardless.

By Aaron D K

Mar 14, 2018

Good course for learning how to code in JavaScript and use HTML and CSS to enhance it in order to build a webpage, but I felt that some of the mathematically-oriented exercises were a bit too on the theoretical side.

By Custodio C

Aug 22, 2016

It was great to finally get to know about things I've been wondering for a long time. I got lost from time to time and struggled to keep up but, at the end I think I get the benefits the course was meant to provide.

By Nick P

Apr 19, 2016

The javascript section was very good and helped me develop my programming skills. I really like the seven step approach and using it work through the exercises. The HTML and CSS sections were not very useful though.

By Lydia O

Oct 11, 2020

It very good and educative. However I'm on Week 2 and can't access my Practice Quiz, it says "this item will be unlocked when the sessions begins. It's been a while now and quite disturbed. Please what do I do.

By WICKRAMA A O M

Jul 31, 2020

Although I am a beginner to Javascript, it was really easy to learn the basics with the precise presentations of the lecturers. The coding exercises were superb. Thank you very much @coursera @Duke University

By Eric P

Apr 12, 2020

It was fairly decent, I learnt a lot but I do not really enjoy how the teachers help the students. Just saying that we should re-read something is not very helpful. Maybe give some more examples instead

By Andreas H

Apr 22, 2020

This course is great if you are new to programming. The lecturers explain things very well with nice examples. I would have liked to learn more on JavaScript in the course, e.g. objects in JavaScript.

By Giridhar G

Jun 02, 2020

I feel that the source codes for image production should have been briefly explained. This course just gives the link the code but not the explanation. Then again this is a great introductory course.

By María V D

Jun 17, 2016

This is a great course. Teachers are full of energy and desire to teach, examples are easy to follow (not so much at the end) but it is a great course where you will learn a lot. Highly recommended.

By Marszelewski T

Feb 18, 2018

Maybe it's because my English is weaker than I expected or I am just less smart than i thought but it wasn't easy. But i'm thankfull for all of this. Greatings for everyone who maded this course!

By Prathmesh D

Jun 25, 2020

I am highly obliged that I got an opportunity to learn and enhance myself in my precious time.I have learn how we can utilized our time and gain some knowledge by using such learning platform.

By Abdullah M A

Apr 12, 2020

The course is perfect for being a beginner but writing the JavaScript functions and not using the university function would be better, so we could apply what we learn offline using local IDE

By Amanda M

Aug 28, 2019

Having no programming experience, this course really challenged me and took longer than estimated for me to complete. I enjoyed it though and plan to take other courses to continue learning.

By Neal

Aug 23, 2020

Videos were kind of awkward. Delivery was shaky but I could still understand. I wish the exercises had a bit more hints because going to the forums for each exercise is kind of impractical

By Namita B J

Jul 18, 2020

This is very good course and learn many different things. It is very easy to understand the concept of HTML,CSS, JAVASCRIPT .mini project is very good and there webpage is very creative.

By Ayelene B

Oct 27, 2020

It was an incredible experience.Everything was neatly explained and the resources were helpful.But I have a problem with the certificate issued.It didn't have the logo of Duke university.