Back to Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS by Duke University

Learn foundational programming concepts (e.g., functions, for loops, conditional statements) and how to solve problems like a programmer. In addition, learn basic web development as you build web pages using HTML, CSS, JavaScript. By the end of the course, will create a web page where others can upload their images and apply image filters that you create. After completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Think critically about how to solve a problem using programming; 2. Write JavaScript programs using functions, for loops, and conditional statements; 3. Use HTML to construct a web page with paragraphs, divs, images, links, and lists; 4. Add styles to a web page with CSS IDs and classes; and 5. Make a web page interactive with JavaScript commands like alert, onClick, onChange, adding input features like an image canvas, button, and slider....

IS
Oct 5, 2015

This is the first course I am taking in Coursera.org. The valuable instructors of Duke University designed and created a masterpiece for learners. Thank you so much guys. Greets from Istanbul, Turkey.

AD
Jul 16, 2020

Excellent course .\n\nJust felt that there should be examples that could help someone to understand in a more better way.The videos were good and were very simple and easy to understand then the text.

2576 - 2600 of 2,772 Reviews for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

By Mohamad W

Sep 28, 2020

It's a good course and I have learned the basics about HTML and CSS, but the lesson about the green background alghorithm it was difficult and I couldn't understand, also the third and 4th week's lessons weren't easy to understand.

By Hardik S

Dec 23, 2019

The tutors were very good with the lecture videos but the only thing I didn't liked was that, this whole course was revolving around manipulating the images. We should have been taught more about styling web pages and make them responsive and interactive.

By venkateshan p

Aug 19, 2019

Overall course is good , the way you teach with new concept like "Green screen algorithm, Steganography". But i expected more concepts and fundamentals of HTML,CSS and JAVASCRIPT i.e extra attributes, methods, functions and son on should be explained .

By Indrajith U

Jun 6, 2021

Over all Good But quiz question are bit confusing as the question intentions are not clear. Also being a bit more elaborative would be good and also including a more examples in the video using more programs and various functions would be good.

By Kimberlyn

Jun 11, 2018

I think there should be more training in the continuity of writing the JavaScript Code. For example, there were a few sessions where I was confused about why my function wasn't working and additional information from a previous week was needed.

By Silvia Z C

Dec 24, 2018

Good explanations provided in videos. However no one answered or provided assistance when posting works on forums. Still waiting on feedback on my work and answers on my doubts. Poor assistance to students when they are struggling.

By Ali K

Mar 26, 2021

it was an awesome experience taking this course, I think the assignments might need some improvements and be more clear but in overall the course is worth it, can't wait to finish the other courses, and it's not beginner friendly.

By Grejo J

May 6, 2020

This course is more of a programming basics course rather than web development course. So only opt for this course if you want to learn programming basics. This doesn't teach any web development basics of html, css, javascript.

By Beresford A D

Jul 20, 2019

At 68 years of age, my purpose for taking these computing course studies is to measure how far we have traveled since 1980 in solving problems through data patterns; we are still asking results, WHY!

--Beresford A. Davidson

By aggarwal

Aug 24, 2020

Lectures are good, however support is poor. There are mistakes in some quizzes that need to be addressed. See numerous postings in discussion area. There is no response to questions posted in discussion areas.

By Tooba A

May 14, 2020

it was an amazing journey with Duke teachers.It really helps me in the new and basic Fundamentals of Programming. I do appreciate this way of learning & invite other students to join this program.

By Claus E

Nov 6, 2020

Fine course. Interesting with the green screen theme, but I think the amount of program exercises with color manipulation algorithms is to high. I better like to learn more about javascript.

By Catalina C O

Jul 17, 2020

The content and explanations are excellent although it seems to me that they focused only on the part of image design when in programming there are many more more interactive utilities

By Harsh J

May 19, 2021

While the course was able to produce a good sense of basic understanding of web development, it lacked on telling us more about CSS, and that is why I think it could improve!

By Michal S

Jul 19, 2019

I would be happy for more thorough explanations. At times it looked like for people who have some previous (basic) experience with programming. Still a nice course though.

By Dimosthenis S

Mar 8, 2017

Good introduction to very basic stuff. I skipped many videos and found the same information on the internet. If it wasn't part of the specialization I wouldn't pick it.

By Lillian W

Oct 19, 2021

Needs to be looked over for copy and clarity, very odd formatting of quiz questions. Assistance would have been helpful, I had to get a tutor on the side.

By Burke N

Jul 2, 2017

The course was a little light on describing some programming concepts that I would of struggled with in the exercises had I not had previous experience.

By Arshdeep S

May 16, 2020

Everything is perfectly defined and explained but also there needs to have more focus on amount of content and resources which are not taught in this

By Shachi P

Aug 19, 2016

It is a very neat and organized learning experience. It is not perfect (nothing is), but it is one of the best learning experiences I have ever had.

By Nitish

Feb 6, 2021

This content in the course was not totally explained like the code how and why are we writing this only. How and when those keywords are working.

By Brajesh V

Oct 12, 2015

This course lost focus in later half and I nowhere I felt learning JS but just using JS as a tool to learn most of Image manipulation techniques.

By Hail B

Oct 17, 2015

All the basics for beginners. Some step by step and some things make you think and research more references. I think that's a great combination.

By Naomi N

Jan 11, 2021

i wish there could be more personal help for problems and not just the forums.

i never got there any help and had to use a lot of outside help.

By Katrina W

Jul 13, 2016

This course is very difficult. I recommend only taking it if you have some experience with syntax. Although very challenging, I learned a ton.