Back to Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS by Duke University

Learn foundational programming concepts (e.g., functions, for loops, conditional statements) and how to solve problems like a programmer. In addition, learn basic web development as you build web pages using HTML, CSS, JavaScript. By the end of the course, will create a web page where others can upload their images and apply image filters that you create. After completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Think critically about how to solve a problem using programming; 2. Write JavaScript programs using functions, for loops, and conditional statements; 3. Use HTML to construct a web page with paragraphs, divs, images, links, and lists; 4. Add styles to a web page with CSS IDs and classes; and 5. Make a web page interactive with JavaScript commands like alert, onClick, onChange, adding input features like an image canvas, button, and slider....

IS

Oct 06, 2015

This is the first course I am taking in Coursera.org. The valuable instructors of Duke University designed and created a masterpiece for learners. Thank you so much guys. Greets from Istanbul, Turkey.

JS

Jan 13, 2020

A very helpful code which allows you to learn the simple of JavaScript HTML and CSS. Very helpful in building websites and an excellent course for beginners or even people who have never coded before.

251 - 275 of 1,617 Reviews for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

By RAVI K

I had a very amazing experience studying this course. Best teaching methods were incorporated which made the learning journey fun and easy.

By VISHAL K

Mar 20, 2018

This course helps to augment good understanding of some basic programming concept. HTML, CSS and Javascript is expained in very simple way.

By Joseph D P C

Feb 21, 2017

Excellent starter course for those seeking their future and opportunity in the IT field. To see if this is the niche where one belongs to.

By Kemal M T

Dec 07, 2019

one of the best online learning platforms I have seen is coursera.

I caught the basic concept of javaScript HTML and CSS in a good manner

By Anukul C

May 16, 2020

they have made everything so simple to understand

great course

enjoyed a lot

i wanted to thank every prof. for this course : ) : ) : ).

By Shambhunath G

May 08, 2020

i never expect teacher like this course provide,they really really amazing with amazing knowledge .Thank you very much to all teacher's .

By Jacob M

Jan 28, 2017

I have not felt overwhelmed by information at any one point while taking the course, so it's a really great starting point for beginners.

By Omar M A

May 16, 2020

Amazing course and really easily explained contents, Just one suggestion is to add other examples other than image examples :)

By Shailendra N

Dec 06, 2015

It was my choice to join this course and now I am so glad its easy to learn and remember everything easily. A Big thanks to my Teachers.

By Ochieng S

Jan 03, 2019

EXTREMELY RESOURCEFUL

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST

I REALLY WANNA JOIN YOU GUYS!!!! THANK YOUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

By Rami P

Nov 14, 2017

Easy to understand and get started course about programming. You'll be building your own Webpages and JavaScript functions in no time!

By Khurram S

Jul 15, 2017

Really amazing teachers and this course was very helpful in my degree too. Thanks to all the teachers and other students for the help.

By Magy G

Jul 31, 2019

It was really amazing but I prefer that in the second attempt for any quiz the questions should change and thank you for the efforts

By Soo L A

Jun 04, 2017

Awesome online program, easy to understand with challenging tasks!!!

I feel like I've learnt so much in such a short period of time :)

By Pradhyuman S R

Great Experience had and got to learn alot and how to deal with thing in CSS javascript Thanks alot for giving me this opportunities

By Vladislav

Sep 17, 2015

It was a great experience and fun! I strongly recommend it to everybody who want to get solid knowledge in web and computing at all.

By Jamie R

May 01, 2020

Very good foundation and the instructors make it easy to progress. It was challenging and I learned a lot very quickly. Great work!

By Yu L

Jun 04, 2017

This is an excellent course for those who are interested in web page designing. I've learned practical skill throughout the course.

By Nandhini S L

Dec 05, 2016

I've always been interested in web design and this course was really helpful and now I know the basics of HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

By Apetsi K A

Nov 10, 2019

This foundation doesn't just teach you about HTML, CSS and JavaScript, it also exposes you to the practicality of these languages.

By Paul R B

Nov 30, 2017

Been incredibly eye opening for me as a beginning coder. It was simplified enough to encourage one with no knowledge of the field.

By Igor G D

Aug 08, 2016

An excellent course! Very introductory, but it is meant to be and the Professors are great! It was all well planned and organized.

By Venkatesh

Aug 03, 2019

You are doing a great job for serving poor people like me to get educate. Keep Supporting us in improving our level of education.

By Wildenberg

Jan 27, 2017

Clear and easy to follow. Encourages you to try things out for yourself. Definitely recommended if you want to start programming.

By Jahanvi a

That's was wonderful course which I came across.. Thanks to all professors to make us understand in as easy way as they can...!!