Back to Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS by Duke University

Learn foundational programming concepts (e.g., functions, for loops, conditional statements) and how to solve problems like a programmer. In addition, learn basic web development as you build web pages using HTML, CSS, JavaScript. By the end of the course, will create a web page where others can upload their images and apply image filters that you create. After completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Think critically about how to solve a problem using programming; 2. Write JavaScript programs using functions, for loops, and conditional statements; 3. Use HTML to construct a web page with paragraphs, divs, images, links, and lists; 4. Add styles to a web page with CSS IDs and classes; and 5. Make a web page interactive with JavaScript commands like alert, onClick, onChange, adding input features like an image canvas, button, and slider....

JS

Jan 13, 2020

A very helpful code which allows you to learn the simple of JavaScript HTML and CSS. Very helpful in building websites and an excellent course for beginners or even people who have never coded before.

AD

Jul 17, 2020

Excellent course .\n\nJust felt that there should be examples that could help someone to understand in a more better way.The videos were good and were very simple and easy to understand then the text.

126 - 150 of 2,017 Reviews for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

By Vikram S S

Mar 15, 2020

It was an awesome course i did and the content is also so useful to learn the programming foundation.

but sadly i want to say that there is to much use of already written code it will be more fun for learners to develop their own functions.Thank you!!

By Rechelle G

Feb 25, 2020

Great introductory course. The lecturers were very thorough and explained the concepts clearly. Would recommend this course not only to beginners but to those who are already quite experienced programmers as the fundamentals are covered quite nicely.

By Joseph P

Dec 21, 2017

This was a great, relatively simple introduction to programming concepts. HTML and CSS are very easy to learn. JavaScript is a great language to start with and the programming exercises and projects were fun and just the right amount of difficulty.

By Nidup D

Nov 28, 2019

My first time trying to learn programming, and I did indeed enjoy this course. Some of the concepts in Javascript were hard to understand, but somehow with time, I think I managed to get most of the concepts taught in this course. I'm proud of it!!

By Islam M M

Mar 17, 2017

A very smooth introduction to computer programming and computational thinking. The four instructors are top notch with excellent explanation skills. The courses exercises and the final project are very well designed. I highly recommend the course.

By Sanjeena B

Dec 01, 2019

I am extremely grateful to have this course as it provide me the clear knowledge about the syntax, features of JavaScript, HTML,CSS. Also, the method of teaching is so clear and understandable. Thank you Duke University for providing the course.

By Nikhil N

Jul 09, 2020

This course is absolutely just for laying the foundation of programming as the name suggests! They Professors have done a good job in delivering the concepts and ensured to keep the student engaged in the course with the help of great exercises!

By Guy M H

Oct 10, 2018

As a person who has not programmed for sometime I really enjoyed this course. The course material matched the assignments and tests very well. I would suggest this course to anyone who is interested in getting their programming feet wet again.

By Rhema K M

Jun 12, 2020

The presentation and the explanation given by the instructors were very detailed, easily understandable and beginner-friendly. I was able to do really interesting and time-taking projects through this course. I didn't expect to learn so much!

By B P K

Jul 29, 2019

It's a great Time doing this course.

Thanks to Coursera For giving a good learning topics and the lecturers are very good

in Explaining the topics.

I some stuck in some program but by revisiting the videos cleared my doubts.

Atlast Thank You. :)

By MOHAMED M

Jun 29, 2020

Very basic and easy to assimulate, in this specialization I achieve a paramount feedback and knowledge about web development. Briefly, it is about learn foundations and teachers achieved that with their programmes. It is not about be expert.

By S.Gokulaa K

Jun 04, 2020

Good Evening, This course is absolutely wonderful for the beginners and had found easy to cope up with their speed. The explanation way and teaching method was very impressive and I expect a lot more courses from duke and thank you so much .

By Sharanya R

Aug 02, 2020

Real-life examples explaining very clarity with syntax and few codes. Coursera, Duke university helps me a lot to gain knowledge in HTML, CSS, Javascript. I am really very thankful for providing this course in Coursera, Duke University.👍

By Shreyas R

Jul 07, 2020

Very informative, I learned many incredible things which I had never done before this course like green-screen problem, blur image and last one was epic steganography .Thanks for providing me such programming skills. I really appreciate !

By Angelos T

Dec 23, 2018

I loved every single second i spent on this course. So helpful videos and readings plus well explained in every video.You inspired me to keep going once I lost faith to myself since i tried so many other online courses!Thank you so much!

By Hassen Z

Nov 09, 2019

I can't find the words to describe this course and the lecturers, really WOW!

Topics explained clearly, coherent, and the examples fit with each topic!

After finishing the course, I gained a strong understating about programming basics.

By Nkeng F C

Dec 09, 2019

It was a tough one but yet went through as success. I really do recommend this program site as one of the worlds' best site to learn as far as education is concerned. I do appreciate the proper presentation of material in the course.

By Peter T

Sep 06, 2016

Great videos, interesting content. Quizzes were good, assignments were clearly stated. There could have probably been more coding work involved, but it is definitely a good first course as an introduction to programming in general.

By Mohit S

Jul 09, 2018

Its been the best teaching method to learn form the best professors in the world via CourseEra. The way the course pattern moves covering each topic in detail makes us understand more practically how the coding works in real life.

By barbara r

May 24, 2018

That was a really good beginning. Thank you! Even I plan move forward with Java I could see the way of thinking about problems, how to start solve the problem. That was simple, quick and easy way to start with programming. Thanks!

By Varnika V S

Feb 04, 2018

I have learnt a lot from this course. As usual I em very much satisfied with the course & I heartily thank all the Prof's for teaching us the best way & em sure that everyone like me have understood the classes well. Thanks again!

By Amit R J

May 23, 2020

A very helpful code which allows you to learn the simple of JavaScript HTML and CSS.Instructors are very good.Course is very helpful in building websites . A good course for beginners or even people who have never coded before.

By YASHITA

excellent information given by mentors and thanks for such much enthusatic and energtic quizes held between and lastly i want to thank u to increase my interest in website development...thanks a lot for the valuable contents...

By Okonma P

Jan 01, 2020

A wonderful learning experience. Tutors take the time to breakdown concepts, provide stimulating exercises that reinforce previous materials learnt, and challenging test questions that not only test knowledge but attentiveness.

By Connor W

Aug 02, 2019

This course was really good and instructive, and it taught some really cool stuff. But, you need to fix the grading on the last test, it gave me an 80 when I got every question right, other than that I really liked this course.