Back to Paleontology: Early Vertebrate Evolution

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Paleontology: Early Vertebrate Evolution by University of Alberta

Paleontology: Early Vertebrate Evolution is a four-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of the origin of vertebrates. Students will explore the diversity of Palaeozoic lineages within a phylogenetic and evolutionary framework. This course examines the evolution of major vertebrate novelties including the origin of fins, jaws, and tetrapod limbs. Students also explore key Canadian fossil localities, including the Burgess Shale (British Columbia), Miguasha (Quebec), and Man On The Hill (Northwest Territories). Watch a preview of the course here: https://uofa.ualberta.ca/courses/paleontology-vertebrate-evolution...

TO
Jun 20, 2016

WOW, I learned a lot form this and it was fairly educational but not overwhelming or difficult. This instructor really gets the points across without being to easy or hard. A very good class.

JC
Mar 2, 2018

Celebrate your inner fish as you swim along with this awesome course charting our earliest ancestors. Very well constructed and delivered once again by the team at the University of Alberta.

76 - 100 of 262 Reviews for Paleontology: Early Vertebrate Evolution

By Diana V

Apr 4, 2017

excelente! creo que nunca había comprendido realmente la evolución, fue una experiencia maravillosa, interactiva y bien explicada.

By Richard R

May 25, 2017

Really informative, I recommend doing further reading

and writing things down/taking notes rather than just watching the videos.

By KUSHAL C

Aug 3, 2020

Excellent course, i learnt a lot about evolution and how life began on Earth..... Thank you University of Alberta and Coursera

By Tulio F A N

Feb 22, 2020

- I learned about the evolution of fins with legs- The development of jaws-I knew the past of vertebratesThank you so much!!

By Kathleen N O P

Sep 3, 2020

This is great! I have learned so much. I can even use the concepts I learned to teach Comparative Anatomy. Thanks a lot.

By Victor A A M

Mar 3, 2021

Muchas gracias, aprendi mucho, y aplicare en diferentes actividades que tendre como docente lo aprendido en este curso.

By Giles S

Feb 5, 2021

I enjoyed taking this course! In particular the Week 2 & 3 topics both caught my eye and I found them very interesting!

By Shatavisa C

Aug 14, 2020

Very informative. Manages to old onto the student's attention throughout the course. Would highly recommend to peers.

By Jose D C

w

x

By Milton S

Oct 27, 2016

Excelente curso para realizar una aproximación a el origen de los vertebrados y profundizar en temas de paleontolgía

By Phillip K

Jun 14, 2018

Very well organized and thorough as possible for having about 4 weeks to explain 200+ million years of evolution.

By Meagan P

Oct 12, 2020

Great! I loved everything about this course, but the detailed supplemental readings were especially informative.

By Alejandra S

Sep 30, 2018

really interesting and good methodology of teaching. Super complete, every lesson here is always a lot to learn.

By Cesar M L B

Dec 7, 2018

This was short, sweet and to the point, with loads of information within and externally for further learning.

By Pritvik S

Mar 1, 2018

Absolutely amazing and truly incredible to see just how much we have in common with these extinct creatures

By Shirley K

Aug 1, 2020

such a fun course! now i can talk dinosaurs with my grandsons and know what they are telling me. THANK YOU

By Javier E S A

Oct 22, 2020

Very interesting to know how life emerged from the water, it was the beginning of animal life on earth.

By Theresa W

Sep 22, 2017

Fascinating. I will take it again because there is so much information that is available. Loved it!

By Ali A A

Aug 9, 2019

I learned a lot from this course and i would like to thank all of those in charge of this program.

By Margaret C

Aug 7, 2017

So well done, very interesting and informative. I learned so much and was hooked the entire time.

By Jesús G c V

May 29, 2019

excelente propuesta para aprender un poco mas... o todo de nuestra evolución,excelentes maestros

By Ahmed S

Jan 22, 2018

v.good course i love it but it slightly Expensive for certificate thanks university of alberta

By Luis J H C

May 8, 2017

I did enjoy this course as well as I've learned more about the transition from water to earth.

By Aviral S

Aug 9, 2020

It was an amazing experience and I look forward to do other MOOCS by University of Alberta.

By Dutchlyne G M

Nov 1, 2020

This is very helpful. The best speaker. Understandable and clear delivery of the lessons.