Back to Paleontology: Early Vertebrate Evolution

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Paleontology: Early Vertebrate Evolution by University of Alberta

Paleontology: Early Vertebrate Evolution is a four-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of the origin of vertebrates. Students will explore the diversity of Palaeozoic lineages within a phylogenetic and evolutionary framework. This course examines the evolution of major vertebrate novelties including the origin of fins, jaws, and tetrapod limbs. Students also explore key Canadian fossil localities, including the Burgess Shale (British Columbia), Miguasha (Quebec), and Man On The Hill (Northwest Territories). Watch a preview of the course here: https://uofa.ualberta.ca/courses/paleontology-vertebrate-evolution...

TO

Jun 21, 2016

WOW, I learned a lot form this and it was fairly educational but not overwhelming or difficult. This instructor really gets the points across without being to easy or hard. A very good class.

JC

Mar 03, 2018

Celebrate your inner fish as you swim along with this awesome course charting our earliest ancestors. Very well constructed and delivered once again by the team at the University of Alberta.

76 - 100 of 154 Reviews for Paleontology: Early Vertebrate Evolution

By timothy j o

Jun 21, 2016

By Theresa W

Sep 23, 2017

Fascinating. I will take it again because there is so much information that is available. Loved it!

By Luis J H C

May 08, 2017

I did enjoy this course as well as I've learned more about the transition from water to earth.

By garima s

Aug 19, 2017

nice

By Carlos G

Jun 24, 2017

Very good the course, I consider it a personal training material of great value for those who like this science but unfortunately we can not access them in our country, as it is in Venezuela. Thank you.

By James M

May 27, 2018

Excellent course! A goldmine in helping to understand Vertebrate evolution

By Ahmed S

Jan 22, 2018

v.good course i love it but it slightly Expensive for certificate thanks university of alberta

By Chris V

Jul 15, 2017

The provided material and videos are just amazing and Scott is an awesome presenter. *thumbs-up* It was really easy to follow along and learn heaps of new information. I was always interested in the early processes of evolution and I am happy I found this course. I would definitely recommend this course to friends and anybody else who has an interest in palaeontology.

By Paul A

Mar 31, 2018

A very impressive course.

By Lucas B

Feb 24, 2018

It is a very interesting course about early vertebrates.

I LOVED IT

By Christian S

Oct 09, 2016

The professor explains well, however it's a introductory course.

By Mirco N

Sep 22, 2016

Very nice , clear, precise, interesting and usefull. Very good speaker!

By Margaret

Aug 07, 2017

So well done, very interesting and informative. I learned so much and was hooked the entire time.

By Piotr H

Jul 21, 2017

Very interesting course! Well done University of Alberta!!!

By Clarice H

Feb 07, 2017

Very informative, great course!

By Marcus V B C

Aug 23, 2017

Excelente! Quanta informação objetiva, concisa e atualizada!

By Jose C M

Jun 07, 2016

excellent!

By Timi A

May 26, 2018

Great short course, perfect for an introduction into early vertebrate evolution. I recommend taking the other Palaeontology courses by this university on this site if you haven't already.

By Marcela K

May 17, 2017

Great, loved it, so much was quite new to me. Eye opening. Wide! Many thanks to you all.

By Ronald B

Jun 17, 2016

Great course in vertebrate paleontology.

By David O

Apr 13, 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed the learning experience on this course. Notes and videos clear and concise, well put together, as expected from University of Alberta.

By Leslie H

Feb 03, 2018

Fabulous for understanding life! I highly recommend this course. Well taught with videos and written notes. Fantastically researched! See how we all began!

By Dimas D T S C

May 31, 2016

realy usefull , direct and easy to learn i full recomend this course =D

By Albert

Jan 06, 2018

Clear and amazing!

By Joanne O

May 25, 2017

Another wonderful course from University of Alberta. Dr Scott Persons is a fantastic guide through this exciting period on evolution. The course notes and interactive phylogenetic tree are excellent resources. Among the many things i have learn't in this excellent course, i have come away with a new appreciation for sea squirts and lung fish.