Back to Electric Power Systems

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Electric Power Systems by University at Buffalo

This course familiarizes you with standards and policies of the electric utility industry, and provides you with basic vocabulary used in the business. It introduces the electric power system, from generation of the electricity all the way to the wall plug. You will learn about the segments of the system, and common components like power cables and transformers. This course is for individuals considering a career in the energy field (who have a high school diploma, at minimum, and basic knowledge of mathematics), and existing energy sector employees with less than three years of experience who have not completed similar training and would benefit from a course of foundational industry concepts. The course is a combination of online lectures, videos, readings and discussions. This is the first course in the Energy Production, Distribution & Safety specialization that explores various facets of the power sector, and features a culminating project involving creation of a roadmap to achieve a self-established, energy-related professional goal. To learn more about the specialization, check out a video overview at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yh9qIYiUDk....

RS
May 9, 2020

The course was very easily explained including all the minor details it's like a journey of powers system where you get to know about all the key elements required to have the knowledge in this field.

MM
Jan 17, 2020

What an Extraordinary Course, I really appreciate meeting with such a skilled professor and a tutor too.\n\nThough his main focus was on the USA and quiz were mainly focusing on the USA not globally.

151 - 175 of 1,612 Reviews for Electric Power Systems

By Puviarasi S

May 1, 2020

This course was good and gained good knowledge about electric power systems- generation transmission distribution and about smart grids too.

By Abdur R

Jul 14, 2021

Amazingly explained each detail and the course was simple about the concept thorughout the sesssion which is very helpful for any beginner.

By Hector C

May 7, 2021

The course was very informative.

Perhaps, It should include some kind of modelling or calculations related to the power system components.

By Agam B

Sep 1, 2020

This course is very helpful as it teaches me from basic of electricity to the smart gird system for future scope in power system network.

By Muhammad D A

Jun 27, 2020

I just want to thank to enroll me in this fantastic course. I hope this course will give me better chance to prove my self in industries.

By Manjulavil G

Apr 21, 2020

This course was perfectly laid out and is perfect for anyone looking to get an overall idea about the energy industry and utility sector.

By IFTU,ISFAK H

Jun 6, 2020

i get to know about smart grid,renewable energy,power trasmission and generation system. also basic concept of electronics was developed

By Lawrence L

Very helpful in teaching how the utility industry can move forward, with details that were never mentioned to me in my college lectures

By Usman M

Feb 3, 2020

Thanks for all the concepts. This course has helped me in learning about the smart grid hierarchy and the dire need in this modern era.

By UJJAWAL D

Aug 4, 2020

LEARNED A LOT IN THIS COURSE.

I WANNA THANKS COURSERA FOR ALL THIS. LOOKING FORWARD FOR MORE LEARNING. IT'S WOW.

THANKS A LOT COURSERA.

By Teegala S

Apr 27, 2020

This course is very useful as it provided very useful concepts in power systems. The assignments they are provided are very intresting

By Harshit D S

it was a very wonderful course. a beginner such as myself, found it very interesting and efficient. hats off to dr. ilya and coursera

By Muhammad A M

Aug 27, 2020

I learned many things from this course and this course clear my some topics. Its a great opportunity that i have avail this. Thanks

By Esteban R

Very interesting course. The material I learned is very important for my career, and I really apreciate the work of professor Ilya.

By JHON M L R

Aug 27, 2020

excelente curso, diseñado perfectamente. claro y conciso. amplíe mucho mas mi conocimiento sobre los sistemas de energía eléctrica

By ILAMBIRAI.R.C

Jul 3, 2020

IT WAS A WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY TO DO A COURSE IN THIS COURSERA ,.NICE EXPERIENC OF LEARNING THINGS AND UPGRADING MYSELF. THANK YOU

By Muzamil H

Jun 1, 2020

one of the best mini course, i am Electrical Engineer and this course helped me to remind all my basic concepts in just 1 month.

By Kalluri. P K

Jun 1, 2020

Really a very good experience , but if picturization is little bit more , then that would be effective in reaching the students.

By Juan C V V

Jun 12, 2020

It's a perfect course to enter the area of electrical engineering and electrical power systems. It is simple, precise and clear.

By SAMARTH K S

This is one of the best course ever found in the department of electrical engineering . Very nicely explained and is very useful

By Meetkumar P

Apr 26, 2020

This Course is very helpful to me.I learnt so mant things from basic of electricity to smart grid.Content of the course is well.

By Hafiz M A K

May 5, 2020

It is very informative course and the students which are studying about Electricity are highly recommended to that take course.

By NATALIE C

May 3, 2020

For the ones who are interested on learning about the electrical power system, this course can help you to get started. Thanks!

By عمرو ط ع ع ا

Aug 20, 2020

It is a wonder course for learning power system ,I am really fascinated by the course so I want to thank "coursera" to help me

By Shak N U R

Aug 8, 2020

Its a great Course. I learned many things from this course. Thanks a lot to coursera for giving us such a great opportunity ☺