Back to Introduction to Electronics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Electronics by Georgia Institute of Technology

This course introduces students to the basic components of electronics: diodes, transistors, and op amps. It covers the basic operation and some common applications....

PT
Jul 2, 2019

This was a great refresher course for me! I took ECE 3040 on campus during the summer of 2012 but it was fast paced and couldn't get much into applications... this course did and I'm thankful!

SK
Oct 13, 2018

Electronics is one of the hard to learn subjects using internet. I am studying computer science and I could not find good introduction course for electronics except this. Thank you!

26 - 50 of 459 Reviews for Introduction to Electronics

By Corne v K

Jul 28, 2017

A very good, but also challenging class. This is the quality and level you could get at a university as well, and frankly, I've had far worse classes taught in university. The teachers explain the matter clearly, and overcome the limitations of remote sessions, which makes practical work difficult, by showing the demo set ups. Without a good foundation in university level calculus this course is probably not for you. For non electronics-engineers that want to expand their horizons, I can definately recommend this course!

By veronique l

Oct 9, 2017

I love this class. It is well organized. Alternating lectures and practice quizzes (some coursera courses only offer 1 exam at the very end of the module) The lectures are clear . I would recommend it. The final quiz has challenging questions but just enough. And there is a correlation between the final quiz and the practice quizzes/lectures (some coursera courses have exams with little correlation with lectures). The class just miss a lab component.

By Sarah M

Jan 11, 2021

Dr Ferri & Dr. Robinson explained the lessons in a very organized manner helping me understand them better. The assignments and quizzes are very useful to test whether you really understand the prior videos. I absolutely achieved my goal to review the basics of electronics and actually learned something more! Words are not enough to describe how much I loved the experience. Thank you Dr. Ferri, Dr. Robinson and Coursera! This is highly recommended!

By Primo M

Aug 4, 2021

I have been working with electronics for many years and took this course as a refresher course. There's a wealth of information in this course for someone who wants to be an electronics engineer or high level electronics technician. However, this is not what I would consider an entry level course. If you have never studied electronics and associated math such as calculus, you should absolutely start with a more basic course.

By A.S.Harshavardhana

Dec 5, 2016

Very lucidly explained.This course not only covers theoretical concepts but also designed and aimed to cover practical concepts through the help of demonstration using breadboard .Just have a try I promise you will naturally develop affinity towards electronics.Once again my best wishes to the team who undertake this course to the highest degree of accuracy and dedication.

By Rajendar S

This fundamental course on Electronics which is covering all the basic devices like OP-AMP, Diode, MOSFET and BJT is very effective. I thanks the Professors for explaining the concepts so clearly and easily understandable manner. My heartfelt thanks to all the Professors for teaching me this course to achieve my course completion certificate.

By Anand K M

Jan 21, 2018

A very nice course which involves the concepts of electronics in a compact way. This course is organized in an efficient manner by both the instructors to cover up the basics of a wide range of topics involved in Electronics engineering. I would be thankful to the instructors for their effort and commitment for building this course.

By Kunal D

May 2, 2020

This course is very helpful for freshers. With the help of regular assignments just after the completion of each topic makes your grip on that topic. Quizzes are very helpful and are relevant to the modern study pattern. After completing this course you feel confident in electronics and begin to enjoy learning electronics.

By Pushkar S

Dec 10, 2017

Good start in the journey of electronics. It is a complicated subject to teach with a lot of units and nomenclatures - Dr Ferri and Dr. Robinson handle the course well. I thank you for creating this course and look forward if you bring in more courses and may be a specialisation in Electronics.

Best,

Pushkar Sheth

By Ivan O O

Sep 19, 2016

Really good course with the necessary concepts of electricity and control systems to get started in electronics. I'd suggest to add a little more on semiconductor physics and calculation of the operation point of diodes. Nice and well curated content, clear explanations and good examples. Congratulations.

By GRASSI M

Nov 27, 2020

A very good opportunity to understand Electrontics foundamentals. The teachers will introduce you into the most interesting topics of this science. Every step will be accompained by exercises and examples. The discussion foum will provide and additional help in understanding some difficult concepts.

By SARTHAK S

Jul 15, 2020

Course content and exercise questions are excellent. In my opinion, in case of fractional answers the final solution should be acceptable in a range. For example: The solution value for a question is 3.40955 and in question only upto two decimal places are asked then 3.41 should also be acceptable.

By Mariam G

Aug 15, 2016

Very informative course with great example that enhance understanding. I love their quizzes and questions, they prove how much you understand the topic. I recommend that to every starting electronics engineer and student or as a quick revision for the basic topics in electronics!

By Sivakumar S

Jul 28, 2020

This course on, "Introduction to Electronics" is neatly designed, clearly illustrated and formulated well in a manner that it covers all the fundamentals and how to apply it after learning those fundamentals. This is a very good refresher course for Electronics Engineers.

By BONTHU V V S

Apr 22, 2020

Excellent course for electronics engineering faculty and students. Thank you very much for Dr Ferri and Dr Robinsir for their excellent presentation and communication. The practice and quiz problems are interesting and useful for better understanding of electronic.

By Nerol K

Sep 1, 2018

I am very satisfied with the quality of this curse. Very well organized and very good teachers. I was able to learn quickly everything that I needed. Examples are also very good and it helps you to learn even better. I recommend this curse to everyone. It's 10/10.

By SAIFULLAH K

Oct 27, 2019

Challenging Course but with concepts given at such an EASE anyone can understand it from scratch.

Course makes sure you have proficiency in circuit designing and problem solving with quizzes focusing that you have multiple decimal level accuracy in calculations

By Kaltrina L

Feb 3, 2017

I am very pleased to find this course online because as far as i got i learned so much how to solve some examples here which is beneficial for my exam in my university of electrical engineering. Thank you so much, very good content and teachers.

By Qiu J

Jul 29, 2018

great course for a beginner in electronics! All-round and easy to master, however, to truly apply it to reality, some practice and the trial for harder question( such as the problem in Common-emitter circuit Q point calculation) is necessary!

By Himanshu S

Apr 8, 2020

This is the best course for anyone out there who wishes to get his basics clear very effectively and the instructors too have put their heart and soul in explaining each and every concept with utmost diligence. I really loved this course.

By PONGSAKORN C

Oct 10, 2021

This course helps me understand the basics of electronics. The contents are shortly nevertheless more comprehend to known. Thanks to Dr.Ferri and Dr.Robinson for made a valuable course for everyone who needs to learn about electronics.

By Jake A

Oct 21, 2021

This is the ideal balance for a course. It was difficult, but when you finish, you feel like you actually learned something that you'll remember. I'd still have to look up or form the equations, but the concept is now a natural thing.

By resitha s

Aug 11, 2020

this is one of the best course for electronics students .to learn the core from basics. and the trainer in that course is simply super and also explaining doubts and reacting fast for our doubts is the best thing in this course .....

By Abdikarin N M

Jan 28, 2017

A really very good introductory course for the beginners in the field of electronics, I do recommend it. And a BIG thank you to all of you who have put a lot of effort and made the course available to us, may God bless you all.

By Sohel K

Aug 10, 2021

This course is very helpful to learn about electronics. The explannation of this course is very good. A student can understand the course easily. I think it is the best course to learn electronics in online platform.