Back to Introduction to Electronics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Electronics by Georgia Institute of Technology

This course introduces students to the basic components of electronics: diodes, transistors, and op amps. It covers the basic operation and some common applications....

PT

Jul 03, 2019

This was a great refresher course for me! I took ECE 3040 on campus during the summer of 2012 but it was fast paced and couldn't get much into applications... this course did and I'm thankful!

SK

Oct 14, 2018

Electronics is one of the hard to learn subjects using internet. I am studying computer science and I could not find good introduction course for electronics except this. Thank you!

276 - 300 of 352 Reviews for Introduction to Electronics

By Sunayana B

Apr 26, 2020

Bes

By Andrés V

This training helped me to review some concepts I learned when I was in University. In some way there is some good modules which help you understand how the circuit design process is... however, some other modules got very focused on circuit analysis instead of circuit design.

It would be highly appreciated if Georgia Tech launches a Specialization focused on Electronics, per what I see, there is only basic circuits and basic electronics training courses, but no Specialization path.

Thanks Dr. Robinson and Dr. Ferri for taking time to answer questions in the forums.

By 19L251 S S

Jul 29, 2020

this is a very good course for beginners and really made us learn a lot but my personal suggestion is that the course`s video lecture part can be improved and it seriously lacks some content which should definitely be improved in future, and the questions was really challenging and helpful for us it would have been easily rated with 5 star if that one problem wasn`t there . but overall it is a nice course and recommendable to all. thanks for this wonderful course

By Stefan W

May 07, 2020

Overall a great course. Perfect for people who learnt about electroncis some time back and need a refresher.

Few points to work on:

The first 4 lectures are perfect, I'd change nothing

The diode section is too long in my opinion.

The MOSFET and BJT section is a bit un-structured sometimes. Maybe it would be better to have a simpler example but actually derive the equations (not just give the result). But again in general the course is good and and really helpful.

By Vivek S G

Mar 17, 2018

time spend for this course will yield results,assignments are not easy to solve and once if you can crack these and i hope

you should be a master in analyzing the circuit behiaviour,

I deeply appreciate the efforts from the instructors and sincere thanks to coursera to narrow the gap between bigger

universities(like georgia in this course) in the world srtaight onto your PC/mobile.

Now learning is more fun

Thanks

with regards

Vivek Sharma G

By Jietse M

Sep 25, 2020

Generally, I believe the courses are very well explained. Sometimes I had difficulty to read Dr. Robinson's hand-writing and mostly I believe the explanation from Dr. Ferri was slightly more clear, but overall very positive. After having completed the course with a successful result, several weeks later still I haven't received my certificate yet, which is perhaps the negative point. Also, the discussion forum isn't that active.

By Zifeng L

Jan 04, 2017

Good introduction level course. There are space for improvement though: Content-wise, I wish the instructor can give an introduction or summary on different types of transistors, at least compare MOSFET and BJT transistors; Other aspects: the instructor and mentors could answer questions more promptly. There are questions left unanswered for more than two weeks and questions which never got answered on the discussion forum.

By Akash P

Oct 22, 2016

Starting from the Scratch of Diode Information to ending up with Transistor analysis indeed is a great way to either kick off or brush up the concepts in the field of Electronics. This course led me to design fundamentals in Analog Circuits along with good portion of focus on CMOS Design that can be helpful for Digital Design as well. Over and All, It is such a nice course that I will strongly recommend it to my peers.

By Mark M

Mar 26, 2018

This is fast-paced, and skimps on detail in a few places, but then it is an introductory course. It covered the material that I wanted covered, but I would have liked to see a bit more of the design choices being discussed, not just their consequences. nevertheless, I enjoyed this course.

By Abhishek

Jun 12, 2017

This is a useful course for all technical students by this i gained both theoritical and practical knowledge and by practising the practical problems and solutions it make it easy to solve the problems and fastness was increased and i learned a good subject from this.

By Victor H S O

Jul 27, 2020

A well-done course that explains the theory very well. The quizzes are challenging enough although I would've liked for more problem-solving videos. I feel that there weren't enough of those. But overall I did learn a lot about electronics and how they operate.

By David R

Apr 07, 2020

Thanks for a very informative course. For an introductory course, it is quite detailed, and as a newcomer to electronics I struggled with some of the material: I hadn't looked at integral calculus since school days - I am now retired!.

By jpatsh

Jul 26, 2017

Good course, personally I got lost once sin got thrown in, that's because I only started taking trig after the class had already started. What I got out of the course was nice, though I wasn't able to finish at no fault to the course.

By Rashmi

Sep 06, 2020

It was pretty amazing course! I improved my problem solving skills too. Electronics was my weak subject but enjoyed this throughout. I think, the speaker's volume was low in few video's, kindly work on that. But as whole thank-you!!

By Ivonne N M T

Jul 23, 2020

This has been too comprehensive a course on the Introduction to Electronics. Go through the basics of AC circuits handling and transfer functions, which are a bit complex to handle but very useful in audio products.

By Павел И

May 16, 2020

Good course for beginners. It give basic concepts. But it has one disadvantage - a lot of arithmetic in quizzes. In my point it should have more theory. Anyway, it has a lot useful information.

By Rohan S M

Jun 21, 2020

all basic concepts & characteristics of components is learn by this course.The quizzes is little bit hard. but due to that my concepts of basic electronic components is strong now

By BARDOU K

May 22, 2019

This course was very interesting and very complete. It is also interesting because we can learn things with our own timing, so that it permit to understand things in a better way.

By Jack V

Sep 06, 2020

A few errors in the lessons, some material was unclear and poorly connected to the worksheets, but overall still very good.

I would give a 4.5/5, but 5/5 is reaching too much.

By bishoy

great effort and detailed explanation of some of the essential electronics fundamentals, would like to see more courses covering the electronics subject in more depth

By Yeshmaganbetov M

Jun 09, 2017

The Great course, which gave me the understanding of electronics. Last 2 chapters and harder than the beginning of the course, and the last chapter looks poor

By Bernardo S

Mar 27, 2020

Bom curso para introdução à electrónica. Em termos práticos está bem conseguido, contudo a nível teórico alguns tópicos não foram aprofundados.

By Попов Е А

Oct 13, 2016

It was usefull to recal my knowledge of electronics. The course is not deep, but it's that you want from "introducting" course.

By Paul O

Aug 21, 2019

Nicely put and very useful information but too rigorous and precise result expectations for the mathematical calculations.

By AMOGH H

Apr 08, 2020

The course was great but some quiz were a bit tough. Also not all types of transistor configurations were taught.