Back to Introduction to Electronics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Electronics by Georgia Institute of Technology

This course introduces students to the basic components of electronics: diodes, transistors, and op amps. It covers the basic operation and some common applications....

PT
Jul 2, 2019

This was a great refresher course for me! I took ECE 3040 on campus during the summer of 2012 but it was fast paced and couldn't get much into applications... this course did and I'm thankful!

SK
Oct 13, 2018

Electronics is one of the hard to learn subjects using internet. I am studying computer science and I could not find good introduction course for electronics except this. Thank you!

351 - 375 of 455 Reviews for Introduction to Electronics

By GT N

May 7, 2020

Good

By PERUBOINA V P

May 2, 2020

Good

By BONTHA A K

Apr 26, 2020

good

By RAJA M S M

nice

By vinodkammisetty

Apr 22, 2020

Good

By PULAGAM S R

Apr 22, 2020

good

By G H C

Apr 22, 2020

good

By ganesh s

Apr 20, 2020

GOOD

By GouseRabbani S

Apr 18, 2020

good

By Peddakkagari K

Apr 11, 2020

good

By SRI S V S R M

Apr 10, 2020

good

By Thangellapalli v

Oct 9, 2016

good

By Sunayana B

Apr 26, 2020

Bes

By ANURAG 3

Jul 24, 2021

By Andrés V

This training helped me to review some concepts I learned when I was in University. In some way there is some good modules which help you understand how the circuit design process is... however, some other modules got very focused on circuit analysis instead of circuit design.

It would be highly appreciated if Georgia Tech launches a Specialization focused on Electronics, per what I see, there is only basic circuits and basic electronics training courses, but no Specialization path.

Thanks Dr. Robinson and Dr. Ferri for taking time to answer questions in the forums.

By 19L251 S S

Jul 29, 2020

this is a very good course for beginners and really made us learn a lot but my personal suggestion is that the course`s video lecture part can be improved and it seriously lacks some content which should definitely be improved in future, and the questions was really challenging and helpful for us it would have been easily rated with 5 star if that one problem wasn`t there . but overall it is a nice course and recommendable to all. thanks for this wonderful course

By Stefan W

May 7, 2020

Overall a great course. Perfect for people who learnt about electroncis some time back and need a refresher.

Few points to work on:

The first 4 lectures are perfect, I'd change nothing

The diode section is too long in my opinion.

The MOSFET and BJT section is a bit un-structured sometimes. Maybe it would be better to have a simpler example but actually derive the equations (not just give the result). But again in general the course is good and and really helpful.

By GODA V S

Mar 17, 2018

time spend for this course will yield results,assignments are not easy to solve and once if you can crack these and i hope

you should be a master in analyzing the circuit behiaviour,

I deeply appreciate the efforts from the instructors and sincere thanks to coursera to narrow the gap between bigger

universities(like georgia in this course) in the world srtaight onto your PC/mobile.

Now learning is more fun

Thanks

with regards

Vivek Sharma G

By Jietse M

Sep 25, 2020

Generally, I believe the courses are very well explained. Sometimes I had difficulty to read Dr. Robinson's hand-writing and mostly I believe the explanation from Dr. Ferri was slightly more clear, but overall very positive. After having completed the course with a successful result, several weeks later still I haven't received my certificate yet, which is perhaps the negative point. Also, the discussion forum isn't that active.

By Zifeng L

Jan 3, 2017

Good introduction level course. There are space for improvement though: Content-wise, I wish the instructor can give an introduction or summary on different types of transistors, at least compare MOSFET and BJT transistors; Other aspects: the instructor and mentors could answer questions more promptly. There are questions left unanswered for more than two weeks and questions which never got answered on the discussion forum.

By AbdAlRahman M

Nov 29, 2020

It was a really good course, it covers the most important devices of electronics. But it has some negatives also, at the beginning of the course it was perfect but quiz at the end of some chapter we solve the answers of ours is like 0.01 different from the correct answer and we still get it false. And to be honest the week 7 teaching was not good at all. My opinion Dr. Bonnie Ferri is way better than Dr. Robert Robinson

By Akash P

Oct 22, 2016

Starting from the Scratch of Diode Information to ending up with Transistor analysis indeed is a great way to either kick off or brush up the concepts in the field of Electronics. This course led me to design fundamentals in Analog Circuits along with good portion of focus on CMOS Design that can be helpful for Digital Design as well. Over and All, It is such a nice course that I will strongly recommend it to my peers.

By Bader A S

Nov 8, 2020

It was a good review course in electronics. However, I don't see this course as introduction, it has a advance information, where you have to have before you enroll in this course. You should be more educated in electronics in order to do well in this course. overall, I enjoyed taking this course and I recommend it for anyone have electric or electronic engineering background. Thank you!

By Mark M

Mar 26, 2018

This is fast-paced, and skimps on detail in a few places, but then it is an introductory course. It covered the material that I wanted covered, but I would have liked to see a bit more of the design choices being discussed, not just their consequences. nevertheless, I enjoyed this course.

By Abhishek

Jun 12, 2017

This is a useful course for all technical students by this i gained both theoritical and practical knowledge and by practising the practical problems and solutions it make it easy to solve the problems and fastness was increased and i learned a good subject from this.