Back to Applications in Engineering Mechanics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applications in Engineering Mechanics by Georgia Institute of Technology

This course applies principles learned in my course “Introduction to Engineering Mechanics” to analyze real world engineering structures. You will need to have mastered the engineering fundamentals from that class in order to be successful in this course offering. This course addresses the modeling and analysis of static equilibrium problems with an emphasis on real world engineering systems and problem solving. --------------------------- Recommended Background: You will need to have successfully completed my earlier course “Introduction to Engineering Mechanics” in order to be successful in this course. --------------------------- The copyright of all content and materials in this course are owned by either the Georgia Tech Research Corporation or Dr. Wayne Whiteman. By participating in the course or using the content or materials, whether in whole or in part, you agree that you may download and use any content and/or material in this course for your own personal, non-commercial use only in a manner consistent with a student of any academic course. Any other use of the content and materials, including use by other academic universities or entities, is prohibited without express written permission of the Georgia Tech Research Corporation. Interested parties may contact Dr. Wayne Whiteman directly for information regarding the procedure to obtain a non-exclusive license....

VS
Aug 7, 2020

Excellent course! I really really really enjoyed every single class and exercise.\n\nMy only suggestion would be migrating to the International system of units instead of imperial unit system. Cheers!

FA
Aug 28, 2020

Excellent course! I really really really enjoyed every single class and exercise. My only suggestion would be migrating to the International system of units instead of imperial unit system. Cheers!

26 - 50 of 165 Reviews for Applications in Engineering Mechanics

By Ranjan G

Excellent teaching with practical problems.

By Suleyman N

Nov 6, 2020

I am studying in Baku Engineering University and I am in the 3rd year of my education. I hope that all of these courses will be useful in my future career. I think that I learnt very important and specific points about the engineering mechanics. I recommend all of the courses of Wayne Whiteman. :)

By Eduardo v

Feb 16, 2021

Dr. Wayne Whiteman is a fantastic teacher/instructur. The course cover a range of interesting real-world situations from the engineering point of view. After this course, you will be able to look at a structure with the eyes of an engineer.I truly recomend this course. Many thanks Dr Wayne !

By Marcel A d A

Sep 8, 2019

Dear teacher Whiteman. I'm a Civil engineer who's starting a msc course in Structural Engineering at USP, the largest university of Latin America, and your courses are being very useful for me to review some concepts and learn a lot of new details in Engineering Mechanics. Thank you so much!

By Hiren G

Jan 31, 2021

After completing this course of engineering mechanics i revised by subject and clear all doubts related to engineering mechanics and learn some new techniques to solve real world problems of mechanics speciallythanks to professor for making this type of awesome and knowledgeable course.

By VIJAY N

Mar 2, 2016

Even though i finished my graduate course some 6 years ago.. This class was very good enough to bring back the entire concepts back to my mind. I would even recommend this course to anyone who is currently doing their graduate in mechanical engineering.

By Jayadevan P C

Aug 22, 2020

Its a useful course to both students and instructors. One of the best thing is, it deals with situations that we all see around us. Definitely this course will change our perspective towards the real engineering world.

By KEERTHIRAJ G

Jun 24, 2020

Very useful,My self am improved in application problem after completing this course.Thank you Georgia tech for offering this course.I am Really excited to take my further studies in Georgia tech after Completing my UG.

By suman k b

Sep 13, 2020

Hello everyone , Application in Engineering Mechanics is Excellent course . i have completed this course , i feel this course is very helpful for learning mechanics problem and applying this everyday work.

By Fazla Z A

Aug 29, 2020

By Dishant K

Aug 22, 2015

hello sir! you are quite phenomenal in your teaching and we are learning a lot through this course. thank you for the support from you and coursera indeed to expand the horizons of education.

By Diego R A A

Aug 10, 2020

I really like how the professor approached every subject. It made the class easy to understand and helped develop problem solving abilities in an clear and orderly manner.

By Henderson C N

Mar 31, 2018

I am a freshly graduated mechanical engineer. I've used this course to review some topics, it was an excellent idea! Dr. Whiteman is an excellent teacher, congratulations!

By David A M

Dec 4, 2020

the way the instructor lectures, it is very easy understand and it gives a real life situations that the students need to visualize for us to really learn it better.

By Aditya P B

May 27, 2016

Excellent explanation of all concepts with real time machine application. The course is organised systematically to understand the concepts sequentially.

By Kasuntha M

Jan 30, 2021

Great course to learn about Applications in Engineering Mechanics. I highly recommend this course. Thank you for offering this valuable course to me.

By Kiran I

Dec 30, 2015

This is a fantastic course. Lots of examples used. Dr. Whiteman makes the subject very easy to understand. Excellent presentation of material.

By Ravi C

Aug 26, 2020

Excellent course by Dr. Wayne Whiteman, all the series of courses are very knowledgable and helpful for one self-development from basics.

By Enrique A M

Oct 5, 2020

Mil gracias maestro Dr. Wayne Whiteman, ojala puedan sacar un curso de transferencia de calor con termodinamica, mil Gracias Coursera-

By Aldo I V Z

Aug 2, 2020

Muy bueno el curso, lo recomiendo bastante, te enseñará los principios básicos de la Estática aplicada al ámbito de la ingeniería.

By Milan M

Aug 29, 2019

This course is very useful for engineering professionals as introduction into more detailed subjects to face in engineering career

By AAYUSH S

Jan 28, 2021

Very informative course. Would highly recommend it to my friends and family who are planning to pursue a field in engineering.

By Alejandro G P

Mar 6, 2016

I am so happy with this course since it really achieve my expectations. The examples are the best way to understand the theory

By Ankit S

Jul 8, 2020

Very good course, for resharpening and getting hands on with mechanics applications. Thanks for giving such valuable course.

By VIGNESH M

Oct 1, 2018

good course with lot of mechanical knowledge and great experience to solve that related things of sums....and so on...