Back to Introduction to Engineering Mechanics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Engineering Mechanics by Georgia Institute of Technology

This course is an introduction to learning and applying the principles required to solve engineering mechanics problems. Concepts will be applied in this course from previous courses you have taken in basic math and physics. The course addresses the modeling and analysis of static equilibrium problems with an emphasis on real world engineering applications and problem solving. The copyright of all content and materials in this course are owned by either the Georgia Tech Research Corporation or Dr. Wayne Whiteman. By participating in the course or using the content or materials, whether in whole or in part, you agree that you may download and use any content and/or material in this course for your own personal, non-commercial use only in a manner consistent with a student of any academic course. Any other use of the content and materials, including use by other academic universities or entities, is prohibited without express written permission of the Georgia Tech Research Corporation. Interested parties may contact Dr. Wayne Whiteman directly for information regarding the procedure to obtain a non-exclusive license....

MA

Jul 28, 2020

It has been a fantastic journey of five weeks. The teaching style is excellent. I Will suggest every graduate student take this course to make a good understanding. Overall it is an excellent course.

PS

Jul 16, 2020

THE COURSE WAS VERY INTRESTING AND LIFETIME USEFULL STUFF BEING TOUGHT. TYANKS TO Dr. WHITEMAN he is really good explainer had a great experience and I'm sure gonna join more courses by Dr. WHITEMAN.

76 - 100 of 746 Reviews for Introduction to Engineering Mechanics

By Dr. R K M

Apr 12, 2020

It is an awesome course, learnt a lot of basics regarding Engineering Mechanics. I love the teaching procedure and the way Coursera has filmed and presented. The lecture notes are phenomenally beautiful. Thank you.

By Caroline D

Jun 10, 2020

Dr. Whiteman does an excellent job at explaining free body diagrams and working through problems. His physical set ups as well as patient and compassionate teaching help with understanding of the course material.

By Puppala A K

May 22, 2020

Excellent presentation with practical's by Prof. Whiteman. I recommend the course for all Engineering students and staff who want to clear their concepts. I thank Coursera and Georgia Institute of Technology.

By Eliezer M

Nov 06, 2015

This course was my first engineering course and with dedication and drive I passed all the curriculums and achieved my certificate to this course. This course was very helpful in all aspects from beginging

By Illouise R

May 01, 2020

I had no idea the advantage of using vectors. This course thought by the awesome instructor really honed my skills in analyzing real world situations. Thank you Georgia Tech for your quality instructors.

By Jaimin J

May 14, 2020

The course is actually very good. The use of models while explaining the problems significantly increases the extent of your imagination. And obviously, Physics can be solved only if you can imagine...

By Muhammad K A A

Jul 28, 2020

By PRATUL S

Jul 16, 2020

By Oscar G R R

Aug 31, 2015

Excellent course! It's very well explained, and has all the necessary stuff to understand the topics although it has 2 or 3 mistakes that have been noted but not yet corrected. Very recommendable!

By Fazla Z A

Aug 29, 2020

The interactive approach of Dr. Wanye Whiteman leads to clarify the concept of Engineering Mechanics. I am glad to enroll this course, I will enroll further courses in future. Thank you so much.

By Lennart N

Sep 05, 2020

Great course, as a Polymer Engineer working in Oil & Gas this was exactly what I needed to aid my understanding in mechanical engineering calculations and design. Thank you so much Wayne, A+++.

By Răduță M

Aug 25, 2017

Extremely useful for first year engineering students! A very well explained and to-the-point course explaining the basic material needed to any person starting university engineering studies.

By Md A R S

Aug 03, 2020

One of the best online course I have ever done! Thank you so much to Dr. Whiteman, to GeorgiaTech and Coursera! Learned so much more than from our live course that we had in university :)

By Mansoor A

May 02, 2019

Thank You Georgia Tech and Coursera for providing such a comprehensive and clear course material. Dr. Whiteman teaching method is also impressive and to the point. Keep up the good work!

By Ramadhan F K

Jul 20, 2020

I actually already understand this much from my days in college and come here with an expectation to gain new insights. My expectation is fulfilled. Great lecture Dr. Wayne Whiteman, PE.

By BASKARAN J

May 03, 2020

It gives such fundamental view about the Engineering Mechanics especially some visual demos had given better understanding. I can explain the covered portion topics to others. Thank you.

By Prarthita M

Mar 10, 2018

One of the best courses i have across till date. Short , precise and yet so easily understandable . Helped in brushing up earlier knowledge and the content was very student- friendly !!

By Chuah H H

Apr 28, 2020

Great for revision and easy understand examples. Test questions can reflect the understanding level.

It will be better if the answers for the practice problems are provided for checking

By Omar H

Jan 27, 2018

Well taught. I'd done the subject before but this was a good refresher. It also went fast enough and had enough context that I didn't get bored repeating stuff that I needed to repeat.

By Omar M a

Oct 13, 2017

it was very helpful signing up in this course , I learned the basics of Engineering Mechanics in a simple way thanks to Dr. wayne whiteman and to Gerogia Tech I appreciate your effort

By Dung

Oct 13, 2016

This is the must-learn course. One of the best ever for Introduction Engineering Mechanic. I hope that the Georgia Tech will create more courses like this in the future for engineers.

By Osarieme O

Mar 03, 2019

Amazing value at no cost, this course will refresh your understanding of basic statics and mechanics for simple hand calculations required in a design office or in further education.

By Umair A S

Mar 10, 2018

Dr. Whiteman has this amazing capability of teaching very difficult things in such a way that they become very clear. This course is amazing and gives a very good intro to mechanics.

By Giacomo

Feb 18, 2016

Good course for an introduction at the concept of vector, force, momentum, and static law. Good teacher, english is not difficult to understand... Free text book available (optional)

By GANESH G N

May 15, 2020

Very nice explanation by the instructor. I really appreciate the way of teaching. Very helpful for the engineering students. Every body should participate and complete this course.