Back to English Composition I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English Composition I by Duke University

You will gain a foundation for college-level writing valuable for nearly any field. Students will learn how to read carefully, write effective arguments, understand the writing process, engage with others' ideas, cite accurately, and craft powerful prose. Course Learning Objectives • Summarize, analyze, question, and evaluate written and visual texts • Argue and support a position • Recognize audience and disciplinary expectations • Identify and use the stages of the writing process • Identify characteristics of effective prose • Apply proper citation practices • Discuss applying your writing knowledge to other writing occasions...

MR
Mar 6, 2021

This course was a blast to learn through, I've learned so much about using methods of how to write effectively which fundamentally changed the ways of how I should approach writing my own story.

ZZ
Mar 15, 2021

love this course, very engaging, I can find more tips about my English Writing, and I would like to practice more and more.Remember the supporting of reading and writing from the professor.

201 - 218 of 218 Reviews for English Composition I

Sep 30, 2019

Genial

By Mehmet U

Dec 12, 2020

Good

By TJ B

Jun 26, 2016

Cool

Apr 3, 2019

The structure is unclear and so new students do not know how to write essays, how to interact with peers, etc. How the course proceeds and how students are to interact should be made clear at the start. Also: how long is a 300-word essay? I have no way of measuring, and when I completed my first essay it was simply cut off at the end! Why no chance to edit??

By Constance N

Aug 15, 2020

I feel that the lecturer could offer more specific techniques of writing instead of the overly free-flow style.

By Aastha M

Jul 11, 2016

the scholarly writing becomes easier after taking this course. it is definitely an interesting course.

By Sabrina L

Sep 5, 2018

This is so confusing to use, but it got a little better as you went.

By Tipston A R

Sep 1, 2016

Its a good course but not very exceptional.

By Лаврикова А К

Jun 20, 2017

Quite a new experience for me!

By amine 1

Nov 29, 2017

is good cours

By Taylor E

Mar 29, 2021

not hte best

By Julián C

Jan 29, 2019

Habla muy rápido. Necesito aprender y con esa velocidad es imposible seguir al docente.

By Andrea D F

Dec 13, 2017

La verdad no me llama mucho la atencion

By Berenice R B

Sep 7, 2020

no me agrado mucho ya que muchos que califican quieren que escribas un libro y no les agrada tu trabajo en la forma que cada uno lo trabaja

By SHERRILYN M P

Mar 22, 2020

Course is not what I envisioned. I have requested a refund via iTunes. I tried to “unenroll,” but it seems to be unavailable to me.

By Krishna K S

Nov 6, 2020

Very bad ....no means of so much reading....

By GUSTAVO S