Back to Introduction to Environmental Law and Policy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Environmental Law and Policy by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Environmental law may be the one institution standing between us and planetary exhaustion. It is also an institution that needs to be reconciled with human liberty and economic aspirations. This course considers these issues and provides a tour though existing legal regimes governing pollution, water law, endangered species, toxic substances, environmental impact analyses, and environmental risk. Note: The Environmental Law & Policy Course will close for new learner enrollment on February 22, 2019. Learners who have already enrolled will continue to see it on their Coursera Dashboard as long as they remain enrolled in the course. If you are currently enrolled in this course, please see the announcement sent on February 19, 2019, for additional details....

LH
Apr 19, 2018

Incredible course with an engaging professor who makes you want to learn more with every lesson.\n\nThe best course I saw on Coursera and exactly what I would appreciate in any course, online or not.

MS
Jun 2, 2020

Really great class. Covers all the main topics of environmental law. The Professor is very interesting, informative, and clear. A great introductory class for environmental topics in the legal realm.

101 - 125 of 556 Reviews for Introduction to Environmental Law and Policy

By Paolo P A

Jan 7, 2018

Un excelente curso. Es tal como lo indica el profesor al final del curso. La objetivo de este no es enseñar artículo por artículo la normativa ambiental, sino como esta se aplica y opera actualmente. Un curso espectacular. Recomendado 100%

By Maria J I A

May 14, 2020

This course is very nice!! I enjoyed the fact that it presents real cases. The professor is energetic and I can feel how in love with his profession is, which makes the student feel interested in what he has to say in each video. Thanks!

By Beatriz B

Aug 4, 2020

Very well structured course, with a high level of theoretical explanations and excellent practical examples brought by Professor Donald Hornstein. Very didactic and cute. Thank you very much for the teachings, teacher! Hugs from Brazil

By Rosa E R M

Sep 18, 2017

I enjoyed this course very much. The teacher is great! Even though I'm in Mexico much of the information given will be helpful to try protect our natural resources against the predatory projects that increase on daily basis. Thank you.

By Oduor K K

Jan 25, 2019

Very interesting cases in this course. Being a lawyer I enjoyed reading the cases a lot. I was also able to learn the development of environmental jurisprudence in the US and I am sure the knowledge will assist me in future endeavors.

By Dr M S

Jun 24, 2020

Its excellent course to learn about environmental laws.Thank for coursera.

Special thenka for course Instructors.Their teaching is excellent

Dr.M.Sujatha

Associate Professor

KLUniversity.Andhra Pradesh,India

Email.id:sujatha7klu@gmail.com

By Virginia N C

Sep 11, 2020

Great course! It really gives you a view of the fundamental frameworks that design environmental law , from a complete National perspective (common law, statutes and policy) but also from an international view. Highly recommended.

By RICHA S

Jun 15, 2020

The Course was enlightening in light of the circumstances that we live in and the scenarios worldwide and learning them from a learned professor who managed to make it as interesting and easy as possible was an additional benefit.

By Marianne

Sep 25, 2020

This is the BEST Coursera (or any other free online class) class I've taken. The instructor is fabulous, interesting videos and challenging quizzes, plus a neat research assignment at the end. Wish I could take more like this!

By Romilola A

Jul 16, 2020

I really enjoyed my journey in this course because of the large amount of real and practical examples that he gave, the lecturers definitely brought this otherwise perceived difficult course and broke it down to simpler bits

By Jeff S

May 7, 2017

At first I was a little concern about taking an online course, but after this experience my opinion has changed. The course is informative, the professor is qualify and the support from Coursera is uncritisizable. Great job!

By Duru G

Jun 17, 2020

I highly recommend this course to anyone interested in this field. I was hesitant because it was an online lecture, but Professor Hornstein made it interactive with the additions he made to his lecture videos. Thank you!

By Butu H M

Apr 12, 2018

This is one of the best courses on Coursera. I gained critical insight into the workings of environmental law and policy. How governments and governance of environmental issues work. This course comes highly recommended.

By Jessica D

Jan 12, 2017

I really liked this course. It was very interesting and Donald was a really great, enthusiastic teacher. It had some fun quizzes to keep the lecture videos interesting and the content was very helpful and well presented.

By Leonardo E K

Sep 20, 2020

One of the best courses I had the pleasure to take here in Coursera. Hollistic approach of environmental law, with great tips on economics matters and also great recommendations of materials. Complete and fantastic!

By Priyanka S

Sep 3, 2020

it was really interesting and the only thing i love the most is environment which should be taken care from everyone and by this course i have learnt that environment has policies and laws which everyone should know.

By TULIKA S

Sep 29, 2018

This course provided me with an insight into the Environmental Laws and the efforts that went into its formation. There are no such subjects at my college and thus I thank Coursera for putting together such a course.

By Rohit G

Mar 8, 2017

It was very good to have such courses online. after going through this course i have learned a lot about environment and how should environment problem get resolved. I would highly recommend this course to everyone.

By Samuel O

Nov 11, 2016

Awesomeness.

Professor Hornstein brings in good insight and knowledge of law and policy that shaped the very environment we cherish today, and tops it with good wits and cheer which makes the course quite enjoyable.

By Selvaraj B

Jan 22, 2018

Thank you sir! i'm law student from India ,accessed your video especially one minute lawyer was new to me and read case study both are useful to me.Thank you once again toProf.Donald Thomas Hornstein and Coursera

By Chandra M R

Jul 6, 2020

Prof. Donald Hornstein is very energetic, zeal in teaching, and articulate in expressing the concepts and citing examples. The course is enriching, comprehensive, and eye opening in the field of environmental law.

By Yang L

Dec 2, 2015

The lectures are really interesting and clear. It is a very good course to make all law students and staff working in environmental field get to know the theory and practice of environmental law and policy of US.

By EDDIS Q V

Jul 16, 2020

Un excelente curso de derecho ambiental, aprendí las bases y precedentes de las regulaciones ambientales de Estados Unidos que tuvo mucho impacto y sirvió de modelo en la legislación ambiental de américa latina.

By Heidi J

May 26, 2017

I really enjoyed this course! I wish it had lasted longer! I'm hoping for more to come in the future, since this field is growing and becoming more and more detrimental to our success in saving the environment.

By Isabelle S

Jan 21, 2017

I have tried to follow many different online classes but quickly lost interest but given the dynamism of this teacher, I feel it will be a breeze this time. Thank you for sharing your expertise.

IS, from Canada