Back to Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Often called “the cornerstone” of public health, epidemiology is the study of the distribution and determinants of diseases, health conditions, or events among populations and the application of that study to control health problems. By applying the concepts learned in this course to current public health problems and issues, students will understand the practice of epidemiology as it relates to real life and makes for a better appreciation of public health programs and policies. This course explores public health issues like cardiovascular and infectious diseases – both locally and globally – through the lens of epidemiology....

N

Apr 11, 2020

Very clear teaching strategies from the instructors. Some quizzes though are a little bit hard on my part because of the type of questions and answers. But overall it is a great course to take with.

A

I just completed my course and I would like to appreciate the tutors for doing a great job, yeah! Also, I recommend Coursera for anyone who wants to experience advancement in knowledge and career.

326 - 350 of 1,083 Reviews for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

By Paulene Q

Thorough series with clear, relevant examples and excellent references for those of us who want to dive deeper.

By BRYAN R T T

Sep 23, 2020

Excelente curso, te brinda las competencias básicas y necesarias para iniciar en el mundo de la epidemiología.

By Aubin, P

Oct 22, 2015

I was more than pleased to see the huge amount of information in a 5 week duration course. Very professional !

By Nguyen H K

Sep 25, 2021

This course is interesting, comprehensive and a wonderful start for a new learner like me. Thank you so much!

By Katrina H

Feb 22, 2021

I really nice introduction to Epidemiology, with plenty of opportunities to test new knowledge along the way!

By Marianne B

Jun 10, 2018

I will use this in my work as a public health nurse. This is a good first step to understanding epidemiology.

By Isabel J

Aug 14, 2017

Good overview of public health and a great refresher of the concepts I learned during my MPH courses. Thanks!

By Gedoni G E

Aug 13, 2019

The course was very enlightening and was taught at a level which beginners like me could easily understand.

By Ana M G C

Sep 26, 2018

Excelente curso. dan los conceptos esenciales y básicos para lograr entender todo en cuanto a epidemiología

By Venugopal G

Nov 2, 2015

As a novice to the field of epidemiology, I have found that the course is very informative and insightful.

By AMRUTHA G S

Jun 29, 2021

This is an awesome course for those who would like to brush up their introductory epidemiological skills.

By Yvonne C

Jun 26, 2021

It's a very useful course. I've learned basic knowledge of epidemiology. Thanks for having this course!!!

By Pradeep S

Aug 26, 2020

The course was excellent. Topics and various concepts were clearly explained and were easy to understand.

By Ved p P

Jul 16, 2020

This course gave me great understanding of measures of association and statistic behind the Public Health

By MANOJ K

May 15, 2018

Excellent course for students or professionals who want to learn the fascinating science of epidemiology

By Tochukwu I

Nov 14, 2016

Interesting course excellently delivered by two of the best minds in epidemiology. highly recommended...

By Sanju G

Nov 2, 2015

it was like a summary-short, clear and of great importance to all the learners of epidemiology! Thankyou

By Lara V A

Jun 3, 2020

Excelente introducción al estudio de la Epidemiologia, aprendí y disfruté en el proceso. Muchas gracias

By Luis R

Oct 14, 2017

Is easy to learn the subjects because they are well explained, and this course has excellent professors

By Rafik B

Sep 23, 2020

many thanks for all what you have done, you make love epidemiology and seriously entering the field...

By Bharath P

Apr 25, 2020

Amazing Course. With experience in biostatistics I had a great time in applying them in public health.

By Kelechi U

Apr 25, 2020

Excellent course. Very Helpful in forming a foundation for thinking in public health. Highly recommend

By Gleicy H

Apr 30, 2019

Awesome material!! It helped to remember a lot concepts that I studied 10 years ago! I do recommend :)

By Dr. Z B

Dec 18, 2021

This is course very basic with fantastic lectures

I really appreciate the team ,thank you very much .

By Eunjeong H

Nov 11, 2021

Easy to understand even I'm not good at English, and it's good that this course includes key contents