Back to Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Often called “the cornerstone” of public health, epidemiology is the study of the distribution and determinants of diseases, health conditions, or events among populations and the application of that study to control health problems. By applying the concepts learned in this course to current public health problems and issues, students will understand the practice of epidemiology as it relates to real life and makes for a better appreciation of public health programs and policies. This course explores public health issues like cardiovascular and infectious diseases – both locally and globally – through the lens of epidemiology....

N
Apr 11, 2020

Very clear teaching strategies from the instructors. Some quizzes though are a little bit hard on my part because of the type of questions and answers. But overall it is a great course to take with.

A

I just completed my course and I would like to appreciate the tutors for doing a great job, yeah! Also, I recommend Coursera for anyone who wants to experience advancement in knowledge and career.

176 - 200 of 922 Reviews for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

By Samantha H

Aug 2, 2020

To the course instructors, "Thank you for a very informative and interesting course". I have learnt alot.

Samantha Henry

Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar

Guyana, South America

By Andrew K

Feb 23, 2019

I enjoyed the presentation of the course; course material simplifies complex concepts which makes learning interesting. I look forward to joining another MOOC from UNC.

By Georgette J

Feb 9, 2016

This course was very helpful as a refresher for the epidemiology course I complete years ago. I would recommend it to anyone who wishes to learn or just need to review.

By Seol H C

Sep 2, 2015

This course help me understand history of epidemology, study design and methods to measure association and causaliy. I am very satisfied with this course. I appreciate

By Annabelle M

Mar 31, 2020

Great introduction to epidemiology, clear explanations and structured view of the subject. I learned a lot and it made me want to know more about this area. Thank you!

By Cynthia R

Jun 21, 2017

Wonderful introduction to the field of Epidemiology. Very well presented - lectures were full of information and definitely gave me a good understanding of the field.

By Baluku R

Jun 10, 2020

It was a great course it helped me understand the basics of epidemiology and the Instructors were superb.

Thank you. May you continue to share knowledge with the world

By Maxine P M

The course structure was dynamic and well planned. There were just enough video/lectures and readings to maintain interest, yet be rigorous and informative. Thanks.

By Suberu M O

Aug 6, 2019

As a Guidance Counsellor, i find this interesting. Adding to my knowledge about health, risk factors, rates and prevalence of diseases and health outcomes. its a wow.

By Megan A C

Nov 10, 2020

It is very insightful and piqued my interest in public health. I was able to get learnings that I can apply when I go to college or apply in my career in the future!

By Priscilla F A I

Provides a fundamental understanding of epidemiological studies to the point of upgrading my epistemological understanding through causal inference. Real thanks :)))

By Nguyen T L P

Aug 3, 2019

The lecture is so clear and persuasive. I love the way the lecturer convey the knowledge, so soft and easy to understand. Hope this course more develop in the future

By Robert B N

Sep 4, 2019

It was very interesting course i have ever taken the concise explanations got me feeling already in the field thanks coursera and i strongly recommend this course

By Kimberly R

Oct 29, 2020

I loved this course! I really found these videos helpful. Throwing in questions during the videos also motivated me to stay focused and really grasp the material.

By Amanda C

Sep 16, 2020

I really enjoyed the teaching and the course materials! I also appreciated that the exams were not super easy and really required you to be engaged in the course!

By Xingyue Z

Aug 25, 2020

This is a wonderful introductory course explaining the basic concept of epidemiology. There is still a long way to go, like diving into the causal inference, etc.

By Preeyapat M

May 14, 2020

I love this course! it helps me a lot in preparing my basic knowledge of Public Health before starting my master's degree in Public Health. Thank you, professors!

By Efosa O

Apr 11, 2016

It was a very helpful course for me in preparing for my master's program in public health. Dr David is a very good teacher and it was a great learning experience!

By Yanika V

Apr 27, 2020

the content of this course is very good, though I think some of the quiz are sometime confusing. I really enjoy the course and I learn a lot from it. Thank you!!

By SAMUEL O A

Aug 30, 2020

EVERY LESSON KEPT MY KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING TOWARDS DISEASES AND HEALTH OUTCOMES IN POPULATION WELL DEFINED, REALLY UNDERSTOOD THE CONCEPT OF EPIDEMIOLOGY.

By Youngeun C

Apr 30, 2020

The test was really hard especially for multiple choice, but I was happy to take this course. It was such a great opportunity to learn about basic epidemiology.

By vivek s

Sep 29, 2019

I liked the course very much. Within no time I was able to add epidemilogy skills to my list of skills. Thank you very much professors for your time.

Best,

Vivek

By Fran B

Feb 7, 2016

This covers a lot but in a clear and manageable fashion. Really impressed to find this available, just wish there were more public health courses on Coursera!

By Lina E P S

Oct 19, 2015

Excelente curso, en ocasiones el material puede ser un poco denso pero para eso se puede detener el video y retomar. Es muy bueno que dejen material adicional.

By Victor C

Jun 24, 2020

Excellent Tutorial, Video , Presentation and reading Material. Could never get this kind of training elsewhere . Thanks to the Presenters for an excellent job