Back to Everyday Chinese Medicine

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Chinese Medicine by The Chinese University of Hong Kong

This course aims to serve as an education platform on Chinese medicine (CM) for the general public. Our primary goal is to empower healthcare choices by promoting awareness and practical application on CM diagnostic and therapeutic approaches, as well as regulation on CM services and herbal products using international examples. In the first part of this course, learners will develop skills in applying basic theory of Chinese medicine (CM) for understanding health and illnesses, and be able to compare and contrast views from Chinese and western medicine perspectives. In the second part, learners will be able to diagnose their own CM body constitution, and to apply appropriate CM self-care practice including food therapy, acupressure, Baduanjin and meditation. Learners will also be able to identify commonly used Chinese herbs, and to describe the core principle of acupuncture. Specific competencies include: 1. State the basic theory of Chinese medicine and compare it with the principle of western medicine. 2. Apply the diagnostic approach of Chinese medicine and describe one’s body constitution. 3. Describe the core principle of Chinese herbs and acupuncture, and to understand their role in promoting health and wellness. 4. Develop self-care plan according to body constitution, using the practice of food therapy, acupressure, and Baduanjin....

AA
Feb 19, 2019

My interest in herbalism and alternate medicine brought me to this course. It was very informative indeed and I made notes often. The tests are also to the point. Thank you, professors and Coursera!

AP
Dec 28, 2020

A very nice program for understanding the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Quite analogous to the Ayurvedic Medicine that deals with imbalance of vata (air), pittha (fire) and kapha (cold).

51 - 75 of 245 Reviews for Everyday Chinese Medicine

By June P S

Mar 29, 2021

The test questions are tricky. You have to read carefully before you answer. I enjoyed learning this overview of Chinese medicine. Hope you will have more courses on acupuncture.

By Noor-Ul-Ain

Jul 14, 2021

Was so informative!! I loved the quiz segment at the end of each week, it allowed me to recall what I had learnt and allowed me to think back about the information I had learnt.

By José A C S M

May 22, 2020

very interesting and enriching to me. I study veterinary medicine, the course was fascinating. The concepts, approaches of Chinese medicine are very different and complex!

By Michal

Feb 15, 2018

Basic course with nicely organised information, in my opinion good starting point for people who are interested in chinese medicine but do not have any medical knowledge.

By Rittika K

May 3, 2020

Something everyone can benefit from knowing and understanding and so well put together that even a non -medically inclined student can be interested and learn smoothly.

By Sarah L

Apr 26, 2020

A very infomative introduction into Chinese Medicine. If you are interested in the field then this course is perfect! I thouroughly enjoyed the past 5 weeks. Thank you!

By Albeiro R

Sep 6, 2018

It is an excellent starting into Chinese medicine. I could understand very basic but important concepts that would help me to deep in the right path. Thanks very much.

By ae c

Nov 22, 2020

I Learned very much despite the langage barrier. Thank you a million Professor Chung and other Professors as well. Is it possible to get a participatión certificate ?

By Jackson Q L

Apr 30, 2020

Parabéns pelo conteúdo, de estrema qualidade educacional. Parabéns a todos os professores que se dedicaram a ensinar esta arte milenar que pouco explorada na mundo.

By Shanelle B

Mar 20, 2018

Absolutely loved this class. It is packed with information and has ignited a larger interest for me to learn more about TCM. Thank you for offering this class!

By Efi C G

Nov 16, 2020

Muy útil para personas como yo, sin conocimiento previo, Abarca muy bien todo lo básico de la medicina China y se explica de una forma fácil e interactiva.

By Jerome J

Mar 10, 2021

Excellent course, I totally loved the information and the insights and the relatability. The lectures were thorough in what was intended and presented

By Harishankar G

Feb 2, 2019

I learned many things regarding traditional chinese medicine.

I want to take diploma course also from this university .please help regarding this

By Michael K

Mar 24, 2019

Nice review of the basic concepts of Chinese Medicine. I would potentially send clients to this course who express interest in learning more.

By Eric C

Jan 21, 2018

Excellent Introductory Chinese Medicine Course. It would be nice if it can be be extended further on Chinese Herbs and Treatments . Thanks

By ALISON S P B

Aug 18, 2020

Very good course and even if i dont have a medical background it was very informative and interesting and I understood the body even more.

By Kyleigh T

May 25, 2019

This class is wonderful. I have taken it 3 times and I keep learning something new each time I watch the videos and read the articles.

By Fatima L

Jun 14, 2021

The lectures and quizzes were actually quite effective in providing a good representation of the fundamentals of Chinese Medicine.

By Alken A

Aug 6, 2020

It was amazing course, thanks for Professors who gave an opportunity to understandand the basis of Chinese Medicine. Thank you!!!

By Lee I L

Feb 10, 2020

The course is excellent. The professors are very clear in the explanation. The graphics are easy to understand and very didactic.

By Tracey L

Mar 1, 2021

Very informative and educational courses. I enjoyed this course and found the principals were applicable and easy to understand.

By ANANYA N

Sep 20, 2020

knowing method and treatment not only from your country although another country .what would be better than it. I really enjoyed

By sophietoche

Jul 10, 2020

very clear and interesting sometimes hard to understand and some difficulties to answer because of no speaking currently english

By Anna C

Feb 16, 2019

I could explain the Chinese medicine theory to my patients with proper professional medical terms in English after the training

By Huzaifa M

Apr 24, 2020

Impressed with the facilities and way how to teach the students. Thanks alot to give this type of knowledge in easy way