Back to Everyday Excel, Part 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Excel, Part 1 by University of Colorado Boulder

"Everyday Excel, Part 1" is aimed at learners who are seeking to learn Excel from the ground up. No experience with Excel is necessary. While this course is meant for beginners of Excel, advanced users will undoubtedly pick up new skills and tools. This course is the first part of a three-part series and Specialization that focuses on teaching introductory through very advanced techniques and tools in Excel. In this course (Part 1), you will: 1) learn how to effectively navigate around the Excel environment; 2) edit and format Excel worksheets; 3) implement basic to advanced Excel functions (including financial, logical, and text functions); 4) learn how to manage data sets (filter, remove duplicates, consolidate data, sort data, and validate data); and 5) learn how to effectively visualize data through scatterplots, column charts, and pie charts. New to Excel? That is entirely fine! This course is meant to be fun, thought-provoking, and appeal to a wide audience. No prior knowledge in programming nor advanced math skills are necessary. The course is organized into 5 Weeks (modules). To pass each module, you'll need to pass a mastery quiz and complete a problem solving assignment. This course is unique in that the weekly assignments are completed in-application (i.e., on your own computer in Excel), providing you with valuable hands-on training....

MH
Apr 28, 2021

That was extremely helpful, I liked it so much, I liked everything about it from the breaking down of new subjects, literally someone with zero experience in excel can understand and use these things

GF
Apr 7, 2021

Great course!. It covers very basis tools to more complex features like vlookups function. I have learned new things and definitely very useful for the workday task. Looking forward for the Part 2.

601 - 625 of 692 Reviews for Everyday Excel, Part 1

By Robert S

Feb 21, 2021

Very good course. It was a bit tricky at times, but with enough work and focus, I was able to complete everything. I found myself constantly starting and stopping the videos to update a worksheet I had going all the time. That is how I was able to figure out what the lesson was about and learn the content.

By james j

Mar 18, 2021

A really great course and I highly recommend for those who use Excel everyday. This course does assume you have some basic knowledge of Excel already so may not be suited for a "true" beginner. Class is well throughout, great teaching tools and Prof does a great job leading the way. Thanks!

By Anders W

Mar 14, 2021

Think there could have been written documentation like a workbook. Also on the quiz there is something wrong making it near impossible to scroll the multiple choice questions. Finally, the assignments were hard. My suggestion would be an option to unlock hints against grade deductions.

By Julia S R

Apr 11, 2021

It would be very important to answear your students or assist the ones with doubts. I almost dropped the course because I wasn't abble to finish the first assigment. After many weeks I tried again and was abble to do it, but I imagine that there's a lot of people who just give up.

By Alexa L

Apr 15, 2021

Relevant content.

Nice to follow and a teacher that seems very passionate.

I would just prefer a bit more of practical examples.

Also as a French on Mac and windows 2018 it can be challenging sometimes to keep up ;)

Overall I recommend this class and thank yuo to Mr.Nuttelman

By Indrajit M

Aug 18, 2020

Course Contents are excellent. The faculty is good. Assignments covered in this course really tests your ability to understand the concepts learned and its application. Overall I enjoyed the learning process and looking forward to enrolling the Part 2 course.

By Jossy M

Apr 15, 2021

Charlie is a go0d instructor and has an easy going approach to teaching this course. The assignments were a bit tricky and it won't be as easy as you think it will be. However, Charlie shows concepts, functions and formulas to help make excel easier to use.

By Erazem Š

May 2, 2021

I am very satisfied with the course. It was a bit more challenging than I thought it would be, but that made it more interesting. I found some room for improvement in the written tasks, where the instructions are sometimes not accurate or even misleading.

By Joycelyn K

Aug 23, 2020

The videos are quite educational and informative. They are also quite great to work alongside. My main issue is the disorganisation in the discussion forum. It is filled to the brim with unanswered questions on how to go about the assignments given.

By Melissa O

Feb 8, 2021

I could've used more practice during the lessons. In general I feel like Excel is something you learn mostly from practice. The instructor was great, the videos were a good pace, it helped me get going on my Excel knowledge!

By Asad R B

Aug 13, 2020

Course covers all the basic excel work an individual need to know about without consuming too much time on conventional limited knowledge of excel. But do practice with Charlie during screen casts to make your grip stronger.

By Tracey H

Jun 28, 2021

Good learning for an absolute beginner. Some areas were much more difficult than others, but worth the time to complete all 5 weeks. Instructor has a good teaching voice and style. Only 4 stars due to the difficulty.

By Nour S

Mar 12, 2021

There was a bit of difficulty to understand how some things work but the assignments are worth trying! This course is helpful for beginners at excel and the instructor provides you numerous ways to work around excel!

By Frank L

Jan 4, 2021

The course became really hard towards the end. Some of the screencasts did not exactly help figure out how to complete the assignments. It required a lot of extra work and research from outside sources as well.

By Rudro K S

Apr 18, 2021

Really good course for absolute beginners. It helps a lot to learn and practice on my own with the assignments. And the course instructor is also nice to us. Thanks for this course. Wating for Part 2.

By Theresa H

Sep 13, 2020

I found it difficult not being to speak or ask questions to a live person, but other than that I loved learning this new information and it will be super helpful in my new position! Thank you!!

By Joseph B

Jun 15, 2020

Pretty good course. There are some hiccups in some of the videos, as well as some of the "hints". I find it leads you down the wrong path sometimes, but other than that pretty good course.

By Yousef I

May 28, 2021

great content with simple way of teaching & the material help me to live practice with the videos, thanks for the effort and really happy to earn the certificate

By Jaquez, D

Feb 18, 2021

The information received was very valuable, the method of instruction was hard to follow, the instructor moved through the information way to fast. It was have

By Alyssa B

Aug 5, 2020

A little fast paced, don't be afraid to use the pause button. A lot of info to absorb but super helpful overall!

By Janet M

Mar 31, 2021

I enjoyed every bit of the course and am really confident using Excel especially in performing calculations

By Kacie M

Feb 9, 2021

great course but as a beginner I thought it was quite advanced and the assignments needed more direction.

By Alexander B

Sep 9, 2021

Great course overall, some small issues that could be ironed out quite easily on assignment 3.

By Giacomo G H

Jun 15, 2020

The teacher should give more information on how to complete complex dynamic operations.

By Lissy K

Jul 15, 2020

The course is superb.but assignment is tricky. more clues need to given complete 3&4