Back to Everyday Excel, Part 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Excel, Part 1 by University of Colorado Boulder

"Everyday Excel, Part 1" is aimed at learners who are seeking to learn Excel from the ground up. No experience with Excel is necessary. While this course is meant for beginners of Excel, advanced users will undoubtedly pick up new skills and tools. This course is the first part of a three-part series and Specialization that focuses on teaching introductory through very advanced techniques and tools in Excel. In this course (Part 1), you will: 1) learn how to effectively navigate around the Excel environment; 2) edit and format Excel worksheets; 3) implement basic to advanced Excel functions (including financial, logical, and text functions); 4) learn how to manage data sets (filter, remove duplicates, consolidate data, sort data, and validate data); and 5) learn how to effectively visualize data through scatterplots, column charts, and pie charts. New to Excel? That is entirely fine! This course is meant to be fun, thought-provoking, and appeal to a wide audience. No prior knowledge in programming nor advanced math skills are necessary. The course is organized into 5 Weeks (modules). To pass each module, you'll need to pass a mastery quiz and complete a problem solving assignment. This course is unique in that the weekly assignments are completed in-application (i.e., on your own computer in Excel), providing you with valuable hands-on training....

MH
Apr 28, 2021

That was extremely helpful, I liked it so much, I liked everything about it from the breaking down of new subjects, literally someone with zero experience in excel can understand and use these things

GF
Apr 7, 2021

Great course!. It covers very basis tools to more complex features like vlookups function. I have learned new things and definitely very useful for the workday task. Looking forward for the Part 2.

126 - 150 of 688 Reviews for Everyday Excel, Part 1

By Elaine Y

Feb 13, 2021

Amazing intro course to Excel. Screencasts are easy to understand and provide thorough explanation through different functions and things you can do with Excel.

The quizzes and assignments really help you progress through all the skills taught in the screencasts.

By Joshua P

Mar 3, 2021

Great course if you are wanting to get started in Excel. The Professor has structured the course so that it is easy to learn and practice the skills, but it's not overly easy. It will challenge you to learn the material and gain the skills. I highly recommend!

By M I F

Aug 18, 2020

It was a good experience. I have been working with excel for the past 3 years and I learned some new and easy ways to do my work. One thing that I enjoyed the most during this course was the assignments, they were a little trickier and it was fun solving them.

By Shainne F

Apr 29, 2021

I am really grateful for this course, for helping me cope with the lesson in the simplest way. The videos are easy to understand. I am also thankful because even though I was late for the deadline I was still given a chance to finish it. Thank you very much

By Shail R

Aug 24, 2020

It was a great course for a beginner. The professor had put a lot of time and effort into building this course and I am grateful to him. I hope the professor keeps doing more courses and also hope that I have a chance to learn from him again in the future.

By RONNY I G J

May 5, 2021

It was a very interesting course to kick up with Excel. Nowadays data scientists tend to despise power of Excel when comparing with programming languages as Python or R, but this course make you get insight about some valuable capabilities of Excel.

By Tylor F

Jan 14, 2021

This is a great exercise in Excel! It can be a bit quick at times but use that pause button and experiment with the discussed topics and formulas. The included course material really helps get a grasp on topics without having to tediously input data.

By Stephanie L

Jun 18, 2021

I have always been intimidated by Excel. I am so glad I found this course! I really appreciate the length of the videos, how the course is organized, and the instructor who has a calm and pleasant tone. I would recommend this course to anyone!

By Gabriel M G

Dec 9, 2020

I was one of these people who never learned nothing of excel and now that I finished this course I can say proudly "I know office pakcage!" haha. Thank you very much for this experience. It certainly will improve my resume and my avaiable jobs.

By Muhammad A K

Sep 27, 2020

This course series is a must learn no matter what profession you belong to. Excellently designed to teach basic excel skills with practice material and assignments. It helped me in my everyday tasks from simple calculations to presenting data.

By John C

Aug 3, 2020

Pros- easy to follow, instructor was friendly and professional, brushed up on some old skills and learned some new ones, thinking about enrolling in Part 2.

Cons- the only con I can think of is maybe including an extra hint on some assignments.

By Lekai N S

Jun 14, 2020

This has enabled me to become better in Excel. Never thought that theres so much going on in Excel. This course is perfect for anyone who has problems with data management. I recommend this course for anyone who wants to learn more about Excel

By Ryan P

Jul 9, 2020

Exelent course for anyone that is looking to increase their resume, and learn andvanced excell functions all the way from the absolute basics. Also offers a really inovative way to complete assignments, which makes it all the more rewarding.

By alejandra m

Jan 14, 2021

Me encantó el curso, el profesor enseña de una forma muy entretenida y dinámica. Lo encontré muy útil, está muy bien estructurado para que sea entretenido y desafiante. Además ahora tengo la seguridad de poner en mi CV que se algo de excel.

By David T H

Sep 6, 2020

Thank you for all your hard work. I feel that I learned quite a bit but felt stumped many times. I don't recall seeing a screen-cast about nested if's but they sure saved my bacon on 5.2. if you don't have one it might make a good addition.

By Jennylee B

Sep 29, 2020

The instructor breaks down topics in ways that are very easy to understand, with no presumption you've had any experience with Excel before. It's SO nice and hard to find information like that, and his teaching style is very appreciated.

By Nicolaas S E

Dec 7, 2020

Good quality lectures. The course is presented well, constant interaction with course material, as well as the relief of being self-paced. As a South African, I feel humbled to have received such a thorough introduction to MS Excel.

By Nipun G

Sep 27, 2020

A very comprehensive course with good videos. Could have had some interesting readings or puzzles kind of stuff. To get the best out of the course, you really need to have office 365/office 2019 and that though on windows computer.

By Melissa C

Mar 11, 2021

After taking this course I want to change my career to a profession where I can use excel. Excellent balance of teaching new skills and challenging opportunities. The instructor is fantastic and explains everything in good depth.

By Subhash C G

Aug 23, 2021

Excellent Course for starters in Excel. Teaches from basics to advance features in excel. Good practice with the assignments and very useful course in my carrier. If you want to add excel to your skill set then just go for it.

By Katherine H

Jan 24, 2021

AMAZING! Great videos, super easy to follow. Great professor, love his teaching style! Assignments get difficult and difficult but expect to spend about hour and a half solving it! So fulfilling when you figure it all out!

By Alexandra

Aug 22, 2020

I learned so much, and as an Accounting and Business major in college, I know this will be useful to my future career. It's clear that the instructor, Professor Nuttelman, put a lot of hard work into creating this course.

By 121810313023 S D

Aug 11, 2020

Course was very well taught and the lectures were well planned.The assignments were just the right amount of complex,and checked our actual knowledge on the course.Thanks for this course,Sir.It has been a joy studying it.

By Carolina S V

Sep 15, 2020

¡I´m so happy with this course! The teacher is the best explaining the screencast and the quizes and tasks make you learn a lot. The screencast are dynamic and you can follow all things that the teacher do. Recommended!

By Sarah L

Jun 2, 2021

This course surprised me. I learned a lot more than I have from other platforms and the exercises were challenging but workable. I recommend this course if you want to learn a lot about Excel in a short period of time.