Back to Foundations of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this foundational course, you will learn about the “head and heart” of everyday leadership by exploring dynamics of individual and group decision making and the challenges of managing motivation. Central to the course is forming a nuanced understanding of why and how leadership skills are critical to an organization’s success. You will be able to: - Articulate why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success - Use leadership skills to work more effectively with others and organize teams to work more effectively together - Apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

IR
Dec 16, 2020

I found this course to be very informative. I really enjoyed the Videos and i was very much surprised at the interactive sessions. I am encouraged to complete other courses.\n\nA huge THANK YOU!!!!!!!

IJ
Jul 3, 2020

Honestly, its one of the most effective online foundational course on effective leadership. I'm particularly overwhelmed by the much I have learnt about utilising the group decision making process.

301 - 325 of 1,289 Reviews for Foundations of Everyday Leadership

By Turia H

Jul 8, 2020

Great course! One thing I love the most from this course is we can share and discuss about each other's opinion and thoughts.

By Tina

Mar 7, 2018

Very helpful and enlightened me quite a lot, much convinced that I shall benefit in my future career by learning this course.

By Cristina M

Jul 22, 2018

I will like to say a big thank you to the professor, he is brilliant great teacher with very good explanation and examples .

By Noel C

Dec 14, 2017

This was a very practical course for leadership motivations. I have learned much about how to motivate and influence others.

By Hamna A

Jul 10, 2020

Good way to learn, amazing online resources suggested by professors who made virtual classes very interesting and engaging.

By Rayssa K

Nov 18, 2018

Very good and useful introduction to leadership. I do recommend, specially for technical people starting a business career.

By Ali A

Oct 8, 2018

Great course, I have learned many new skills. Especially, how to make the effect on other when you want to make a decision.

By Charles B A

Jan 16, 2022

The course was so fantastic, i have gained and got a lot of ideas, i believe am ready to take up a challenge in leadership

By SOMAYA U K

Aug 24, 2020

Well structured and helps develop skills such as communication in small groups, individual decision making, and motivation

By Umer W

Mar 10, 2018

great course explaining the fundamentals of leadership which are useful in every domain and daily lives of the individuals

By Ahmed A

Sep 8, 2020

It was a great course sharing the information in a systematic yet user friendly way tailored to all walks of Professions.

By Mustafa Ş A

Jan 9, 2017

It was good starting point to understand the group dynamic for team leader. Instructor of the class explained very well.

By VIJAY K

Jan 17, 2020

Fantastic course. Loved the professors videos, videos are short, concise and hit the main points. Very educative course.

By Carol J H

Oct 8, 2017

This course does a great job of explaining several principles of organizational behaviour in a clear, condensed manner.

By Upul C

Jul 26, 2020

A well organized, very productive course which helped me to enhance my knowledge and skills in the realm of Leadership

By Alam A & P

Oct 14, 2018

Outstanding and easy to follow; I strongly recommend everyone to take this course and improve your leadership quality.

By Magda M

Aug 3, 2017

Excellent materials and lecturer. Examples were real and having guests speakers gives a perception of in class format.

By Tendai Z

Aug 18, 2021

I learned a lot. It was at a good, easy to follow pace, and the lecturer seemed confident and assured of his subject.

By Yuriy S

Jan 20, 2021

The course helps to organize knowledge about leadership and learn about new management tools in groups. Great course.

By Kelly N

Nov 11, 2020

I found the information in the course very helpful and immediately applicable. It was well worth the time investment.

By Danny P

Sep 10, 2019

It's a phenomenal course that provides a plethora of wisdom and case studies to enrich one's Leadership Utility Belt!

By KAMRAN A

Aug 16, 2020

It is very beneficial course for me. I have learnt a lot from this course. Leadership skills improve by this course.

By Dr. J W H

Jul 22, 2020

Fantastic course. The references are a bit outdated but I really enjoyed the group work and good knowledge transfer.

By Miguel A O E

Dec 23, 2017

Very good, thanks! I've learned a lot. The content of the course is absolutaly applicable in my every day team work.

By Wibby S R

Jun 11, 2021

It's really awesome, i've learn a lot of things about how to become a good leaders and how to make a great decision