Back to Foundations of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this foundational course, you will learn about the “head and heart” of everyday leadership by exploring dynamics of individual and group decision making and the challenges of managing motivation. Central to the course is forming a nuanced understanding of why and how leadership skills are critical to an organization’s success. You will be able to: - Articulate why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success - Use leadership skills to work more effectively with others and organize teams to work more effectively together - Apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

IR
Dec 16, 2020

I found this course to be very informative. I really enjoyed the Videos and i was very much surprised at the interactive sessions. I am encouraged to complete other courses.\n\nA huge THANK YOU!!!!!!!

IJ
Jul 3, 2020

Honestly, its one of the most effective online foundational course on effective leadership. I'm particularly overwhelmed by the much I have learnt about utilising the group decision making process.

1201 - 1225 of 1,255 Reviews for Foundations of Everyday Leadership

Apr 27, 2020

bien

By مستخدم G

Jan 31, 2018

good

By Hoang C

Feb 18, 2016

Oct 7, 2016

G

By Robin S

Jul 26, 2021

I liked the course. There were some issues. Many of the readings were behind a pay wall. It's impossible to audit the course which is a bit of a bait and switch in my opinion. If you can't submit major parts of the lesson, you can't audit. There were hardly any printed materials. Slide, for me would have been helpful since video lectures are not my learning style. That way, I would have the key words somewhere. Participation in this course required case studies which needs partners. The rolling admission makes it hard to find classmates who are doing the course at the same pace. I prefer coureses that start every few weeks so that one can have a cohort of the same people. It would make it much easier to find partners. Submitting partners that did not have a gmail account was impossible. The software literally would not take any email address that was not gmail. That's ridiculous.

By Rama S

May 9, 2020

The course material is outdated - the readings are old, the videos look old, and some of the concepts are not up-to-date. Moreover, the lectures were monotone and the case studies were too basic to be intellectually stimulating and engaging. I definitely learned some basic principles of leadership but the course itself was not engaging and seemed too dated to be as relevant in the modern workplace

By Jolie N

Sep 28, 2020

Course was very easy to comprehend however lacked substance from every day working examples. Might be better suited for people interested in leadership or student level courses. Would not highly recommend for current enterprise level managers interested in enhancing management capabilities. This course was taken as a part of the Strategic Business Specialization.

By Kendra M

Apr 16, 2020

For module 3 I found the case study to be more of a math exercise than leadership focused. Not what I signed up for. I think the course was well laid out, however, and I did emerge with a few knowledge areas to apply to my current position.

By Milos M

Sep 30, 2021

Content is good, but relativelly shallow and small. Participants have more materials to read, than listen to the actual lectures, and for reading we don't need Coursera account, it can be done independently.