Back to Foundations of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this foundational course, you will learn about the “head and heart” of everyday leadership by exploring dynamics of individual and group decision making and the challenges of managing motivation. Central to the course is forming a nuanced understanding of why and how leadership skills are critical to an organization’s success. You will be able to: - Articulate why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success - Use leadership skills to work more effectively with others and organize teams to work more effectively together - Apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

IR
Dec 16, 2020

I found this course to be very informative. I really enjoyed the Videos and i was very much surprised at the interactive sessions. I am encouraged to complete other courses.\n\nA huge THANK YOU!!!!!!!

IJ
Jul 3, 2020

Honestly, its one of the most effective online foundational course on effective leadership. I'm particularly overwhelmed by the much I have learnt about utilising the group decision making process.

301 - 325 of 1,244 Reviews for Foundations of Everyday Leadership

By Umer W

Mar 10, 2018

great course explaining the fundamentals of leadership which are useful in every domain and daily lives of the individuals

By Ahmed A

Sep 8, 2020

It was a great course sharing the information in a systematic yet user friendly way tailored to all walks of Professions.

By Mustafa Ş A

Jan 9, 2017

It was good starting point to understand the group dynamic for team leader. Instructor of the class explained very well.

By VIJAY K

Jan 17, 2020

Fantastic course. Loved the professors videos, videos are short, concise and hit the main points. Very educative course.

By Carol J H

Oct 8, 2017

This course does a great job of explaining several principles of organizational behaviour in a clear, condensed manner.

By Upul C

Jul 26, 2020

A well organized, very productive course which helped me to enhance my knowledge and skills in the realm of Leadership

By Alam A & P

Oct 14, 2018

Outstanding and easy to follow; I strongly recommend everyone to take this course and improve your leadership quality.

By Magda M

Aug 3, 2017

Excellent materials and lecturer. Examples were real and having guests speakers gives a perception of in class format.

By Tendai Z

Aug 18, 2021

I learned a lot. It was at a good, easy to follow pace, and the lecturer seemed confident and assured of his subject.

By Yuriy S

Jan 20, 2021

The course helps to organize knowledge about leadership and learn about new management tools in groups. Great course.

By Kelly N

Nov 11, 2020

I found the information in the course very helpful and immediately applicable. It was well worth the time investment.

By Danny P

Sep 10, 2019

It's a phenomenal course that provides a plethora of wisdom and case studies to enrich one's Leadership Utility Belt!

By KAMRAN A

Aug 16, 2020

It is very beneficial course for me. I have learnt a lot from this course. Leadership skills improve by this course.

By Dr. J W H

Jul 22, 2020

Fantastic course. The references are a bit outdated but I really enjoyed the group work and good knowledge transfer.

By Miguel A O E

Dec 23, 2017

Very good, thanks! I've learned a lot. The content of the course is absolutaly applicable in my every day team work.

By Wibby S R

Jun 11, 2021

It's really awesome, i've learn a lot of things about how to become a good leaders and how to make a great decision

By M S

Jul 6, 2020

Awesome course - Module 2 was a challenge to understand but overall I am happy with my decision to take the course.

By Tal L

Dec 25, 2019

Enjoyed the course . Feels really connected and relevant to my daily situations . Looking forward for the next ones

By Daryll E N B

May 10, 2021

Comprehensive and detailed presentation of real life leadership situations you can learn from. Highly recommended.

By Dharanidhar B

Aug 2, 2020

Very informative program considering the management of information and motivation. Highly recommended for managers

By Wendy J

Feb 6, 2020

I learn a lot in this course, I totally recommend it to anyone who is looking for improving their leadership

style.

By MICHAEL R

Apr 18, 2017

I found this course to be highly informative. I also discovered new methods to address common leadership problems.

By Gabriela E

Sep 14, 2020

This is an extraordinary course in which you will be able to put into practice theory with the analysis of cases.

By Venkatesan J

Apr 26, 2020

Really an excellent and interesting course. My sincere thanks and heartiest respect to Professor Greg Northcraft.

By Danae M

Jan 2, 2018

Fantastic and well structured course, I learnt much more than expected, definitely worth the time I put into it!