Back to Foundations of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this foundational course, you will learn about the “head and heart” of everyday leadership by exploring dynamics of individual and group decision making and the challenges of managing motivation. Central to the course is forming a nuanced understanding of why and how leadership skills are critical to an organization’s success. You will be able to: - Articulate why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success - Use leadership skills to work more effectively with others and organize teams to work more effectively together - Apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

IR

Dec 16, 2020

I found this course to be very informative. I really enjoyed the Videos and i was very much surprised at the interactive sessions. I am encouraged to complete other courses.\n\nA huge THANK YOU!!!!!!!

IJ

Jul 3, 2020

Honestly, its one of the most effective online foundational course on effective leadership. I'm particularly overwhelmed by the much I have learnt about utilising the group decision making process.

301 - 325 of 1,345 Reviews for Foundations of Everyday Leadership

By Hanah N

Oct 3, 2019

Great course! The course program is exactly the theory I need for more understanding and responsibility in the future career path.

By TERENCE W

May 7, 2017

Gives me a breakdown on aspects of effective leadership, and how each action engages the members to think for the group's benefit.

By Maia A

Sep 29, 2020

English is not my first language but I still got to understand everything pretty well, the professor explains himself really good

By Komsan S

Dec 26, 2020

I have learned how to be a successful leader. I think it is very important to have a strategy and tactic to perform as a leader.

By Rashed A

Dec 23, 2020

It is truly an eye opening course for all levels. It might obvious concepts, yet they are very interesting and effective ones.

By Aref M R

Sep 2, 2020

I truly and honestly enjoyed learning the materials in this course, listening to lectures and getting involved in discussions.

By Kshatriya A K S

Aug 24, 2020

Great Course . This is well structured with best Case study for better understanding. Appreciate it. its the wonderful course.

By Megan M

Dec 22, 2017

Really great course - I have already used the information learned in the course in real life examples. Excited to continue on.

By Turia H

Jul 8, 2020

Great course! One thing I love the most from this course is we can share and discuss about each other's opinion and thoughts.

By Tina

Mar 7, 2018

Very helpful and enlightened me quite a lot, much convinced that I shall benefit in my future career by learning this course.

By Cristina M

Jul 22, 2018

I will like to say a big thank you to the professor, he is brilliant great teacher with very good explanation and examples .

By Noel C

Dec 14, 2017

This was a very practical course for leadership motivations. I have learned much about how to motivate and influence others.

By Hamna A

Jul 10, 2020

Good way to learn, amazing online resources suggested by professors who made virtual classes very interesting and engaging.

By Rayssa K

Nov 18, 2018

Very good and useful introduction to leadership. I do recommend, specially for technical people starting a business career.

By Ali A

Oct 8, 2018

Great course, I have learned many new skills. Especially, how to make the effect on other when you want to make a decision.

By Charles B A

Jan 16, 2022

The course was so fantastic, i have gained and got a lot of ideas, i believe am ready to take up a challenge in leadership

By SOMAYA U K

Aug 24, 2020

Well structured and helps develop skills such as communication in small groups, individual decision making, and motivation

By Umer W

Mar 10, 2018

great course explaining the fundamentals of leadership which are useful in every domain and daily lives of the individuals

By Ahmed A

Sep 8, 2020

It was a great course sharing the information in a systematic yet user friendly way tailored to all walks of Professions.

By Mustafa Ş A

Jan 9, 2017

It was good starting point to understand the group dynamic for team leader. Instructor of the class explained very well.

By VIJAY K

Jan 17, 2020

Fantastic course. Loved the professors videos, videos are short, concise and hit the main points. Very educative course.

By 19K41M0 1

Mar 24, 2022

Extremely good these course these course help to make the foundation of eleadership skills of an individual or a group

By Carol J H

Oct 8, 2017

This course does a great job of explaining several principles of organizational behaviour in a clear, condensed manner.

By Upul C

Jul 26, 2020

A well organized, very productive course which helped me to enhance my knowledge and skills in the realm of Leadership

By Asad U A

Oct 14, 2018

Outstanding and easy to follow; I strongly recommend everyone to take this course and improve your leadership quality.