Back to Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing by Yale University

Everyday Parenting gives you access to a toolkit of behavior-change techniques that will make your typical day in the home easier as you develop the behaviors you would like to see in your child. The lessons provide step-by-step instructions and demonstrations to improve your course of action with both children and adolescents. Among many techniques, you will learn how even simple modifications to tone of voice and phrasing can lead to more compliance. The course will also shed light on many parenting misconceptions and ineffective strategies that are routinely used. The key to the course is practice. It is not enough to know the strategies; you have to do them to reap the rewards. Using the techniques on a temporary basis will lead to permanent change. Chances are your parenting is perfectly fine and working the way you would like. But if you have any frustrations with your child or would like improve your effectiveness in changing your child’s behavior, these videos will be a very useful guide. Subtitles available in Chinese and Spanish....

NB
Nov 6, 2019

Such amazing course, it’s useful and joyful to learn all the way through. I love it ! Thank you Coursera make learning easy to learn and share , I see the power of knowledge by E- sharing ! Wonderful!

BS
Apr 20, 2020

Thank you so much Professor and Yale University for offering this amazing course. it has definitely changed my parenting and made some very fast changes in my daughters behavior. Thank you immensily!

101 - 125 of 780 Reviews for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

By Bernard R

Jul 19, 2020

It was too wonderful to learn all the things under a single roof.. At the start it was a difficult to cope up, but gradually it was a challenge and I overcame upon it. There are too many things still to be learnt, but this cousre has given enough knowledge to study furthur... Thanks a lot

By Carolina

Mi opinión del curso es excelente. Las clases son claras, los ejemplos son muy buenos. No encuentro aspectos a mejorar. Quisiera poder tener las lecciones guardadas. Me gustaron y siento que me van a venir bien en el futuro. mi idioma es el español y hay un gran esfuerzo en la traducción.

By Alla K

Nov 15, 2020

It was the best course ever. I liked the structure, the content and, of course, the professor. I highly recommend it to everyone. Many of the techniques suggested in the course can actually be used to people of all ages, not only children. Thank you so much for this huge work! Excellent!

By Maiwenn P

Jun 3, 2020

This was an amazing course. As a parent, I learned so many new techniques to engage with my children. As a substitute teacher, I will be also be able to help manage different behaviors with the tools that I have learned through this course. I highly recommend the ABC's of Child Rearing.

By Katsiaryna M

Apr 30, 2021

Wondeful well-structered course, great professor, information is very helpful and given in a simple, appropriate language. I've learnt a lot and highly appreciate this knowledge. Will stay postitive on doing techniques and patient with ups and down down the parenting road. Thank you!!!

By Shirley N

Apr 18, 2020

Parenting child is not an easy topic but this course provide some tips and techniques on how to handle the problems. Some of the techniques are very inspiring and helpful to me especially in the topics about adolescent. Thank you Mr Alan for delivering these lectures to all of us.

By Diana B

Apr 21, 2021

Excelente curso. Definitivamente deberia ser un curso que cada padre o cuidador de niños deberia hacer. Muy facil de seguir e implementar en la vida diaria. Graficos muy faciles de entender con tecnicas aplicables a cualquier situación de la vida diaria con niños y adolecentes

Aug 8, 2019

I really loved the program and the way it was conducted, was so smooth and tension free. I loved the way assignment questions were framed it was so much to the point also the evaluation process to review my peers work. The program was very well organised and also informative.

By Roderic v H

Aug 14, 2020

Fantastic course, Dr Kazdin presents this in a very clear manner. I've learnt a lot, and it has certainly enhanced my parenting repertoire. I've applied some of the things I've learnt in this course and have already seen positive results with my children. Highly recommend.

By Mónica A

Jul 4, 2020

I loved Dr. Kazdin from the very first course video, such a committed person to the positive raising of a child. I saw results with my kid with the first exercise that we put in practice! I will revisit and rewatch this course again and again! Thank you so much Dr. Kazdin!

By Liudmila N

Dec 10, 2018

It is a Great course!

Very helpful to be a better parent and shape your child to be a better kid.

I followed practical exercises and was very happy to understand myself a better mom, see a lot of improvement in my kids behavior and between each other.

Thank you very much!!!

By Rachel O

Great class! Very informative! I was looking for new ideas on how to deal with child behavior, and this course certainly provided that! I feel more confident in my parenting and am excited to continue to implement the ideas presented in this course with my own children!

By Tetyana F

Apr 26, 2020

One of the best courses for parents I have ever met. Easy to practice techniques and great explanations. Pr. Alan E. Kazdin is definitely very strong professional and effective lecturer. Thank you very much for this course! I reconsidered many things in my kids rearing.

By Marwa M S

Oct 22, 2018

The course was extremely useful, with step-by-step instructions and troubleshooting, it was research-based instead of all the internet articles you may find on desperate pranting. Thanks to Yale University and Dr Kazdin, research-based parenting is available to everyone

By Olivia K

Jun 5, 2018

This would have to be the most helpful parenting/child development course around. I have viewed many training modules as I work in the field, and this one stands out. It is clear, based in love and reflects understanding of the worlds of children and adults. Thank you.

By Huong H T

Feb 6, 2018

This is an amazing course for parents. I have learnt a lot from it. Everything about the course is great, from the structure, lectures, grading method, etc. Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity to learn valuable knowledge for my kids, myself, and our family.

By Richae W

Apr 27, 2020

Dr. Kazdin, this course, and research-based parenting techniques used in this course were TOP-NOTCH. I honestly could not be more thankful for this course at this time in my life as a parent of a pretty difficult 2 year old. Thank you so much for all of the strategies.

By Radhika K

Oct 14, 2019

This course not only provides techniques of enhancing or changing a child's behavior but also tells you professional help a parent can seek. It reiterates the importance of parenting and makes you realize about the powerful effect of proper parenting in a child's life.

By Sinem D

Dec 13, 2020

As a mental health professional I knew all the techniques, but as Kazdin says knowing does not automatically lead to doing. As a parent I sometimes also struggle to apply what I know. This course was motivating and well designed. It also includes good examples/cases.

By BULLECER, R P L

Aug 12, 2020

I learned a lot from this course. I already have a few knowledge about the ABC instruction but attending this course helped me learn and understand more about it. Hopefully, in the future, I can practice the things I've learned from this course. Thank you very much!

By Nitin L

Jul 5, 2020

Best & Right Parenting course, very Useful, Practical, Motivated...!! Once again Big Thank You for Coursera, YALE University, & Ofcourse Rich Experienced Alan E. Kazdin...Good Luck all of you, Gob Bless You.

Nitin Lahore Hindi Medium Researcher from India-M.P.-Indore

By John L

Jan 7, 2018

Helpful in understanding both the reasons for my child's behaviors and for concrete and established methods for altering those behaviors that are troubling. I appreciate the coursework and am practicing these techniques. Thank everyone involved in this process.

By Gaston M G S

Sep 9, 2020

Nice course. I liked specially the lessons regarding positive opposites and how to use that to harvest the behavior we desire in our child. As prof. Kazdin teaches, to know the tools is not enough. Now we need to put the lessons to practice on a regular basis.

By NADIA C C C

Aug 30, 2020

As a mother, it is the help I was looking for. Very well explained videos, well designed questions. Really a valuable and interesting course. All parents should take this course! my home has been more harmonious since then. Eternally grateful for this course!

By Elizabeth W

Sep 18, 2017

This was such a helpful and practical course on parenting. I learned a lot and had things I could implement in my life immediately. There was a good balance between explaining the psychology while also making it approachable. Highly recommend for all parents!