Back to Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing by Yale University

Everyday Parenting gives you access to a toolkit of behavior-change techniques that will make your typical day in the home easier as you develop the behaviors you would like to see in your child. The lessons provide step-by-step instructions and demonstrations to improve your course of action with both children and adolescents. Among many techniques, you will learn how even simple modifications to tone of voice and phrasing can lead to more compliance. The course will also shed light on many parenting misconceptions and ineffective strategies that are routinely used. The key to the course is practice. It is not enough to know the strategies; you have to do them to reap the rewards. Using the techniques on a temporary basis will lead to permanent change. Chances are your parenting is perfectly fine and working the way you would like. But if you have any frustrations with your child or would like improve your effectiveness in changing your child’s behavior, these videos will be a very useful guide. Subtitles available in Chinese and Spanish....

NB
Nov 6, 2019

Such amazing course, it’s useful and joyful to learn all the way through. I love it ! Thank you Coursera make learning easy to learn and share , I see the power of knowledge by E- sharing ! Wonderful!

BS
Apr 20, 2020

Thank you so much Professor and Yale University for offering this amazing course. it has definitely changed my parenting and made some very fast changes in my daughters behavior. Thank you immensily!

326 - 350 of 790 Reviews for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

By Oussama S

Nov 12, 2018

The course was very useful and I greatly appreciate the effort that the teacher have put into this course. Thank you!

By Mei S

Dec 21, 2017

I think the course is also suitable for teachers. I hope to use it to build better rapport with my students for 2018.

By Pan X

Dec 30, 2019

the skills and techniques introduced are really really practical. i've applied many of them on my boy. it's working!

By lenora

Aug 19, 2017

This is an excellent course presented in a laid back manner. Very practical. I recommended it to several families.

By Jiajia z

Aug 29, 2020

Those lessons are very useful for a two boy's mom. There are so many techniques we can learn and try with our kids.

By Ruqayyah A F

May 15, 2020

This is a very enlightening course. So glad I applied for it. Thank you air for the wonderful and detailed lectures

By Kim N

Dec 24, 2019

This course is great! Exactly what parents needed! Very useful tools and practics for changing children’s behavior!

By Wei L

Jan 16, 2019

The course contents are quite well-structured. The techniques taught in the course are very practical and specific.

By Susan B

Dec 22, 2020

I loved this course and learned so much. It is so simple but fascinating and I will use what I learned frequently.

By Abigail d S

Oct 31, 2020

Amazing course !!! Very easy to understand. You learn a whole lot in a fun way and in a short space of time! 10/10

By chrysa p

Feb 15, 2021

I think this program and the profesor was enlighting.Thank you for that.Keep help people to solve their problems.

By Jaslyn L

Jul 24, 2020

A very useful course! Recommend for anyone who wants to learn more about parenting and understand child behavior.

By Rosa B C A

May 8, 2020

I just love it. So easy to understand and so helpful!

Thank you very much for sharing this valuable content.

Belem

By Daina V

Dec 12, 2020

Thank you for your work! I really enjoyed it and I hope that I will remember these all good advices! Thank you!

By Dr. T P

Nov 29, 2020

The discussions were brief and concise, right on point. Suggestions were practical and doable. Excellent course.

By Amira M F

Nov 17, 2020

very fruitful course, it completely changed my way in rearing my child, thank you so much for the great content.

By Andres T S

Apr 20, 2020

Everything here is useful. Learning about a new technique helps me to understand a much better children's world.

By Syed G

Apr 19, 2020

It was a good course and the instructor was just amazing. He knows exactly what he is talking and teaching about

By Isidora d p

Sep 6, 2020

Muy interesante el curso, ademas muy dinamico el profesor! gracias por la posibilidad de aprender! estoy feliz!

By Neranji A A

Strongly recommend this curse for any parent . a teacher or even a student who study in ECD or Child psychology

By Artem R

Jan 18, 2020

Scientific and evidence based, well structured, easy to follow and interactive. I highly recommend this course!

By Dr. R H

Apr 20, 2021

Must 5 ★ for this course.It may be more helpful if there is any chance to upgrade the course as a professiona.

By Jimena A L

Buenísimo

El profesor muy específico y claro en sus explicaciones y ejemplos!! Súper recomendado!!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

By María d C O R

Oct 10, 2017

¡¡¡Excelente curso !!! Gracias Dr. Alan Kazdin por su generosidad y por iluminar el compromiso de ser padres.

By Elizaveta M G

Dec 22, 2020

Thank you very much for this course! It was rather engaging and helpful, especially now at the lockdown time.