Back to Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing by Yale University

Everyday Parenting gives you access to a toolkit of behavior-change techniques that will make your typical day in the home easier as you develop the behaviors you would like to see in your child. The lessons provide step-by-step instructions and demonstrations to improve your course of action with both children and adolescents. Among many techniques, you will learn how even simple modifications to tone of voice and phrasing can lead to more compliance. The course will also shed light on many parenting misconceptions and ineffective strategies that are routinely used. The key to the course is practice. It is not enough to know the strategies; you have to do them to reap the rewards. Using the techniques on a temporary basis will lead to permanent change. Chances are your parenting is perfectly fine and working the way you would like. But if you have any frustrations with your child or would like improve your effectiveness in changing your child’s behavior, these videos will be a very useful guide. Subtitles available in Chinese and Spanish....

NB
Nov 6, 2019

Such amazing course, it’s useful and joyful to learn all the way through. I love it ! Thank you Coursera make learning easy to learn and share , I see the power of knowledge by E- sharing ! Wonderful!

BS
Apr 20, 2020

Thank you so much Professor and Yale University for offering this amazing course. it has definitely changed my parenting and made some very fast changes in my daughters behavior. Thank you immensily!

776 - 800 of 800 Reviews for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

By Mickael V

May 13, 2020

Very detailed course. Very helpful in understanding children's psychology. Very good Professor. Assessments are too easy though.

By Aretha E U

Oct 6, 2020

The points are made out very clear. The video also is very interactive. So, we can easily know and implement the techniques.

By Samhita N

Oct 17, 2020

It is a very useful course which can be applied easily at home. It is comprehensive in content and very well researched.

By Alex L

Mar 7, 2021

Useful course for new parents. Skills and techniques are practical and applicable in day-to-day children rearing.

By Natasha S

May 4, 2019

Every informational and I like how is brings up the many studies that they have done over the years.

By Gina M

Jul 29, 2019

Good course. Great for personal use as now I get to use these skills with my two nephews. Thanks!

By Akshi C J

Sep 13, 2020

It was great experience the course provide by coursera was really good it help a lot

By lawen m

Sep 6, 2019

love this course it really help mothers to improve their mothering abilities.

By Cory K

Apr 17, 2020

Not too long, and very useful information. Very glad I took this course.

By Ellen A T

Mar 13, 2021

A great course for parents and relating with children in general

By Juan F

Apr 1, 2021

Should have got the first point in the peer review. lol

By Sancha N

Apr 29, 2020

Great tools to implement behaviour change in children!

By Tuan L A

Aug 8, 2020

Well constructed content and very good professor

By Theresa L

It was really helpful and worth learning

By Bose S O

Mar 27, 2020

Definitely a good course for parents

By Melcena K

Nov 15, 2019

This class is extremely useful

By Zahera M A

Sep 4, 2019

great ABC course

By Filip G

May 3, 2020

Good information, evidence-based, too long, slow.

By maryam r

Dec 25, 2020

that was woderfull

By arthur l

Apr 13, 2019

W

By Dr. R S P

Aug 31, 2020

Thanks to Coursera it was very wonder full journey for me living in India, I am very happy to say that in this difficult times of Lock down of Covid times all over the world, getting connected with coursera was one of the most exciting and constructive means & mode to develop my self and further work on my familey. my humble gratitude to all faculties and Coursera.

By Tina D

Jun 11, 2020

I have submitted my assignments and completed the course, however it shows as it’s in progress here and not completed. Why is that?

If I do opt to take the completion certificate, when and how will I receive it? I’m from India.

Thanks Tina

By Adaris P

Excelente

By 文昊 唐

Jan 30, 2021

I cant watch the viedoes I have changed several equipments.Please send some help.