Back to Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing by Yale University

Everyday Parenting gives you access to a toolkit of behavior-change techniques that will make your typical day in the home easier as you develop the behaviors you would like to see in your child. The lessons provide step-by-step instructions and demonstrations to improve your course of action with both children and adolescents. Among many techniques, you will learn how even simple modifications to tone of voice and phrasing can lead to more compliance. The course will also shed light on many parenting misconceptions and ineffective strategies that are routinely used. The key to the course is practice. It is not enough to know the strategies; you have to do them to reap the rewards. Using the techniques on a temporary basis will lead to permanent change. Chances are your parenting is perfectly fine and working the way you would like. But if you have any frustrations with your child or would like improve your effectiveness in changing your child’s behavior, these videos will be a very useful guide. Subtitles available in Chinese and Spanish....

NB
Nov 6, 2019

Such amazing course, it’s useful and joyful to learn all the way through. I love it ! Thank you Coursera make learning easy to learn and share , I see the power of knowledge by E- sharing ! Wonderful!

SB
Oct 12, 2017

This is a must to do course for parents to be, parents and teachers. We need to build physically and mentally strong kids in future for this we need to adapt to these simple steps as per this course.

101 - 125 of 734 Reviews for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

By Liudmila N

Dec 10, 2018

It is a Great course!

Very helpful to be a better parent and shape your child to be a better kid.

I followed practical exercises and was very happy to understand myself a better mom, see a lot of improvement in my kids behavior and between each other.

Thank you very much!!!

By Rachel O

Great class! Very informative! I was looking for new ideas on how to deal with child behavior, and this course certainly provided that! I feel more confident in my parenting and am excited to continue to implement the ideas presented in this course with my own children!

By Tetyana F

Apr 26, 2020

One of the best courses for parents I have ever met. Easy to practice techniques and great explanations. Pr. Alan E. Kazdin is definitely very strong professional and effective lecturer. Thank you very much for this course! I reconsidered many things in my kids rearing.

By Marwa M S

Oct 22, 2018

The course was extremely useful, with step-by-step instructions and troubleshooting, it was research-based instead of all the internet articles you may find on desperate pranting. Thanks to Yale University and Dr Kazdin, research-based parenting is available to everyone

By Olivia K

Jun 5, 2018

This would have to be the most helpful parenting/child development course around. I have viewed many training modules as I work in the field, and this one stands out. It is clear, based in love and reflects understanding of the worlds of children and adults. Thank you.

By Huong H

Feb 6, 2018

This is an amazing course for parents. I have learnt a lot from it. Everything about the course is great, from the structure, lectures, grading method, etc. Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity to learn valuable knowledge for my kids, myself, and our family.

By Richae W

Apr 27, 2020

Dr. Kazdin, this course, and research-based parenting techniques used in this course were TOP-NOTCH. I honestly could not be more thankful for this course at this time in my life as a parent of a pretty difficult 2 year old. Thank you so much for all of the strategies.

By Radhika K

Oct 14, 2019

This course not only provides techniques of enhancing or changing a child's behavior but also tells you professional help a parent can seek. It reiterates the importance of parenting and makes you realize about the powerful effect of proper parenting in a child's life.

By Sinem D

Dec 13, 2020

As a mental health professional I knew all the techniques, but as Kazdin says knowing does not automatically lead to doing. As a parent I sometimes also struggle to apply what I know. This course was motivating and well designed. It also includes good examples/cases.

By BULLECER, R P L

Aug 12, 2020

I learned a lot from this course. I already have a few knowledge about the ABC instruction but attending this course helped me learn and understand more about it. Hopefully, in the future, I can practice the things I've learned from this course. Thank you very much!

By Nitin L

Jul 5, 2020

Best & Right Parenting course, very Useful, Practical, Motivated...!! Once again Big Thank You for Coursera, YALE University, & Ofcourse Rich Experienced Alan E. Kazdin...Good Luck all of you, Gob Bless You.

Nitin Lahore Hindi Medium Researcher from India-M.P.-Indore

By John L

Jan 7, 2018

Helpful in understanding both the reasons for my child's behaviors and for concrete and established methods for altering those behaviors that are troubling. I appreciate the coursework and am practicing these techniques. Thank everyone involved in this process.

By Gaston M G S

Sep 9, 2020

Nice course. I liked specially the lessons regarding positive opposites and how to use that to harvest the behavior we desire in our child. As prof. Kazdin teaches, to know the tools is not enough. Now we need to put the lessons to practice on a regular basis.

By Nadia C C C

Aug 30, 2020

As a mother, it is the help I was looking for. Very well explained videos, well designed questions. Really a valuable and interesting course. All parents should take this course! my home has been more harmonious since then. Eternally grateful for this course!

By Elizabeth W

Sep 18, 2017

This was such a helpful and practical course on parenting. I learned a lot and had things I could implement in my life immediately. There was a good balance between explaining the psychology while also making it approachable. Highly recommend for all parents!

By Shelyn H

May 30, 2018

I'm a 1st time mom myself and this course was an eye opener on so many levels for me personally. I learned a great deal about myself as a parent and how I needed the training rather than trying to train my kids to act or behave in a certain desirable manner.

By Tori B

Dec 2, 2020

This course was very helpful and great. I learned so many new techinques to help with chilf behavior, other than the simple techniques that my parents used that looking back really did not work for my siblings or I. Thank you for the great informal course!

By María G R B

Jul 28, 2020

Excelente curso, me encanto. Aprendí muchas cosas útiles para el cambio conductual en los niños y sobre todo lograr cambios duraderos y positivos. Es un curso que creo que TODO padre debería hacer y también psicólogos que trabajen con niños y adolescentes.

By Migle K

Nov 16, 2020

I have started many courses in coursera and have not finished any of them, this is the first one that I finished. Great course, very nice lecturer. I learned a lot of useful things and I wish myself good luck in applying those new strategies practically.

By Sau H P T

Aug 6, 2020

I am so glad I did enroll in Everday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing. From the course, I could use a different perspective to see in the children. I also learned some new techniques which can develop positive behavior in them. Thank you, Dr.Kazdin!

By Tya K

Jan 1, 2018

Wonderful course, really engaging professor - I loved every single lecture. Not just filled with lots of useful information, but also presented in a great way. Really well-organized lectures, definitely one of the most effective courses I've ever taken.

By Tawny M

Feb 5, 2021

Wonderful course and so helpful from the very first lecture. Get to see the difference in kids right away by using what the course teaches you. Children cooperate and smile so much more after implementing course practices into our household. Priceless!

By Sarah M

Feb 3, 2021

Very engaging instructor, makes watching lectures a breeze. Appreciated the structure of the course, concrete techniques (rather than vague advice), multiple examples, and frequent reinforcement of take-home points. Would highly recommend to others.

By Jasmine E

Thank you so much for this amazing course! It was well organized and super interesting with great examples that one can relate to. The professor is very friendly, explains everything very well and I’m a big fan of his approach! Absolutely worth it!

By Leah N

Dec 25, 2017

This is a very informative course, and I would recommend it to anyone who interacts with children on a regular basis! While it is designed for parents, it is a great resource for teachers, step parents, day care workers, and grandparents as well!