Back to Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing by Yale University

Everyday Parenting gives you access to a toolkit of behavior-change techniques that will make your typical day in the home easier as you develop the behaviors you would like to see in your child. The lessons provide step-by-step instructions and demonstrations to improve your course of action with both children and adolescents. Among many techniques, you will learn how even simple modifications to tone of voice and phrasing can lead to more compliance. The course will also shed light on many parenting misconceptions and ineffective strategies that are routinely used. The key to the course is practice. It is not enough to know the strategies; you have to do them to reap the rewards. Using the techniques on a temporary basis will lead to permanent change. Chances are your parenting is perfectly fine and working the way you would like. But if you have any frustrations with your child or would like improve your effectiveness in changing your child’s behavior, these videos will be a very useful guide. Subtitles available in Chinese and Spanish....

NB
Nov 6, 2019

Such amazing course, it’s useful and joyful to learn all the way through. I love it ! Thank you Coursera make learning easy to learn and share , I see the power of knowledge by E- sharing ! Wonderful!

SJ
Nov 5, 2020

Thank you for the engaging and educational course! I gained really great knowledge that I will definitely use in my work with children and with my children at home. The course leader is fantastic! :)

126 - 150 of 755 Reviews for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

By Tawny M

Feb 5, 2021

Wonderful course and so helpful from the very first lecture. Get to see the difference in kids right away by using what the course teaches you. Children cooperate and smile so much more after implementing course practices into our household. Priceless!

By Sarah M

Feb 3, 2021

Very engaging instructor, makes watching lectures a breeze. Appreciated the structure of the course, concrete techniques (rather than vague advice), multiple examples, and frequent reinforcement of take-home points. Would highly recommend to others.

By Jasmine E

Thank you so much for this amazing course! It was well organized and super interesting with great examples that one can relate to. The professor is very friendly, explains everything very well and I’m a big fan of his approach! Absolutely worth it!

By Leah N

Dec 25, 2017

This is a very informative course, and I would recommend it to anyone who interacts with children on a regular basis! While it is designed for parents, it is a great resource for teachers, step parents, day care workers, and grandparents as well!

By Srividya V

Jul 20, 2020

it was really informative and quite easy to understand through the videos. Simple English is used and the quizzes were really good and interactive. Highly recommend this course. Thoroughly enjoyed my journey during the entire tenure of learning.

By José J C

Feb 25, 2018

Sometimes we took parenting as granted, as something natural. But as other skills, parenting is something we can learn and take advantage of existing research. If we invest a lot in our careers we should invest even more in our parenting skills.

By Jean G R

Jul 8, 2020

I learned a lot from this course, especially on how to effectively encourage my child to exhibit the behaviors we expect of her. Prof. Kazdin was very effective in imparting his expertise. He made me understand a lot from the course. Thank you!

By Gabriela M C

Apr 8, 2020

ha sido un enorme placer, el haber tomado este curso me llevo grandes aprendizajes y también grandes responsabilidades de replicar en mi vida profesional como psicóloga infantil y como madre de un niño de un ano y dos meses. gracias infinitas

By Kelli R

Jan 10, 2021

This class has a lot of beneficial information and graphics. I learned a lot and the info was repeated throughout the course with plenty of examples of each to ensure comprehension. I feel more prepared as a parent to tackle everyday problems.

By Γιαμαλίδης Ν

Dec 29, 2020

By haven't any experience in courses like this, i didn't knew what to expect. The stracture of the course was very helpfull, the topics were set understandably, but Dr. Kazdin transmissibility is the one that makes it wonderfull. Thank you!!

By Olga Y

Nov 29, 2020

It is a very interesting course, useful for any parent and for people providing services for children and teenagers. It is engaging, clear and delived in simple way accessible for professionals and non professionals. Thank you very much!

By Md A U I

Oct 16, 2020

It was really helpful and insightful course on our parenting techniques and real help to those who need the help they always wanted. I hope Dr.Kazdin continues to develop more effective techniques for all child to have a great childhood

By Neil S

Jul 21, 2020

I liked this course as I learned more than expected and thought some of it useful for daily life with adults as well as children. I really think schools should teach children how to be good parents, paving the way for a better society.

By Gayathri B

Jun 8, 2020

A course worth enrolling for! The ABC techniques were described in a very detailed manner. It gives us the confidence that any child with behaviour problems could be dealt with easily using structured strategies. Dr Alan is remarkable!

By Geri W

Jan 17, 2019

I found this course most helpful with my 11 year old grandchild. I am using the strategies learned from the class. It is taking lot of changes from everyone who she is surrounded by, but to see her transition is worth it. Thank you.

By Nickie T

Feb 5, 2021

This was a very good course. I have learnt so much and applied it at home and guess what,? the techniques really work. As parents, we need to have more patients with our kids. I highly recommend this course to all parents and teachers

By Yaki M

Sep 9, 2018

This is a very good course. I recommend it heartly to everyone who is about to, or already have, children at home. It realy opened my eyes and helped me see things in a different way.

Thank you so much for making this course available.

By Bohnenstengel, S

Apr 21, 2020

Great course! Learning step by step even for someone like me whose mother tongue is not English. Thank you for all the inputs. Practising is the key-word. A daily task. I'm motivated to keep this not only in mind, but doing it also.

By Maliha N

Aug 26, 2019

Excellent course, should be compulsory education for all parents. The benefit as with all education, however, is with the implementation of the knowledge and practice of the skills. Thank you for the lessons, would highly recommend!

By Eduardo B

Jan 28, 2020

I am a psychologist. I have been teaching these skills to parents for many years and I request my students to take this course. It is excellent. It was really useful for me to review all this content as a parent and as a professor.

By ZHANG L

Jun 5, 2019

This is my first online course that I never take before. As a 4 years old chid's mother, I was gain a lot from this Course, will keep working hard to learn the rest of them. Hope I can complete well and get the certificate finally.

By Dr. V P M

Jul 3, 2020

Course was really good. Especially for the parents of child of age less than 10 really very good course.

Professor was very excellent and gave examples for each and every situations he is explaining. Young parents dont miss it.....

By Suzanne C

Apr 11, 2018

Excellent course that provides assistance to all types of parents with all types of children or adolescents. Techniques are very clear and well explained, easy to understand supported with extensive documentation and bibliography.

By KATIA A

Dec 28, 2020

I started to use some of the techniques described and already seen a huge diferrence!!! All relations need work and care but it is importatnt to use these tools. And really makes the diferrence for all the family!!! Thank you!!!!

By Rose J

Jun 25, 2020

Everyday parenting is a very interesting course. I think every parent should do this because it will help parents to build good habits and will help them in changing behaviors of their children. loved every topic of this course.