Back to Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing by Yale University

Everyday Parenting gives you access to a toolkit of behavior-change techniques that will make your typical day in the home easier as you develop the behaviors you would like to see in your child. The lessons provide step-by-step instructions and demonstrations to improve your course of action with both children and adolescents. Among many techniques, you will learn how even simple modifications to tone of voice and phrasing can lead to more compliance. The course will also shed light on many parenting misconceptions and ineffective strategies that are routinely used. The key to the course is practice. It is not enough to know the strategies; you have to do them to reap the rewards. Using the techniques on a temporary basis will lead to permanent change. Chances are your parenting is perfectly fine and working the way you would like. But if you have any frustrations with your child or would like improve your effectiveness in changing your child’s behavior, these videos will be a very useful guide. Subtitles available in Chinese and Spanish....

NB
Nov 6, 2019

Such amazing course, it’s useful and joyful to learn all the way through. I love it ! Thank you Coursera make learning easy to learn and share , I see the power of knowledge by E- sharing ! Wonderful!

SB
Oct 12, 2017

This is a must to do course for parents to be, parents and teachers. We need to build physically and mentally strong kids in future for this we need to adapt to these simple steps as per this course.

126 - 150 of 662 Reviews for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

By Maliha N

Aug 26, 2019

Excellent course, should be compulsory education for all parents. The benefit as with all education, however, is with the implementation of the knowledge and practice of the skills. Thank you for the lessons, would highly recommend!

By ZHANG L

Jun 5, 2019

This is my first online course that I never take before. As a 4 years old chid's mother, I was gain a lot from this Course, will keep working hard to learn the rest of them. Hope I can complete well and get the certificate finally.

By Dr. V P M

Jul 3, 2020

Course was really good. Especially for the parents of child of age less than 10 really very good course.

Professor was very excellent and gave examples for each and every situations he is explaining. Young parents dont miss it.....

By Suzanne C

Apr 11, 2018

Excellent course that provides assistance to all types of parents with all types of children or adolescents. Techniques are very clear and well explained, easy to understand supported with extensive documentation and bibliography.

By Rose J

Jun 25, 2020

Everyday parenting is a very interesting course. I think every parent should do this because it will help parents to build good habits and will help them in changing behaviors of their children. loved every topic of this course.

By Courtney B

Apr 24, 2018

This class was phenomenal! Thank you Dr. Kazdin for helping me tweak things we were doing with our toddler. This class was also extremely beneficial for me as a Speech-Language Pathologist working in the public school setting.

By Ксения О М

Jan 7, 2018

Я очень довольна, что прошла этот курс. Он очень хорошо построен. Лектор дает много полезной и информации и объясняет как применить знания на практике. При это информация очень хорошо структурирована, что облегчает её усвоение.

By Grigorios K

Dec 4, 2020

Just fantastic! I enjoyed attending this great course from Dr. Kazdin. I have already used many of his parenting tools and I must say that they are very effective in achieving better results with less stress and frustration.

By Paula C T

I'm a psychology student and this course has concrete and specific techniques that are really helpful in behavior problems and that can be used in children and adolescents. It's very complete and clear; I recommend it 100%!

By Carolyn B

Nov 19, 2019

Very interesting course that goes over a lot of techniques, some of which we already use (but not necessarily correctly!) for child rearing. A valuable tool with excellent examples for parents, caregivers and nannies alike.

By Jennifer H O

Apr 8, 2018

KidsNeed2Talk2Someone2 (find us on facebook)... highly recommends this course for parents and teachers. We have been sharing already as we are so impressed with the easy yet effective steps to change. Thank You so much! 5*

By vici a

Jun 28, 2020

I found this course really practical and applicable. It actually contained a lot of concepts, terms and techniques but amazingly the Professor explained them very clearly and systematically so I could understand them well.

By Shanna D

Jul 29, 2020

Excellent course and wonderfully presented. The information is clear and several real world scenarios are presented to help show how the lecture material can be used in every day settings. Very informative and enjoyable.

By Kate

Jul 4, 2020

This course takes much uncertainty and fear out of parenting. It gave me the tools to build better rapport with my children, and to parent in a more objective way. I really appreciate the work that has been put into this.

By IRZA M M S

Nov 2, 2020

I am so happy and lucky for the teachings are very inspiring not only for my family but also to my future clients whom I will be rendering my counselling skills with the help of this course. Thank you so much Prof. Alan!

By Kathy C

Really enjoyed this class. It has really helped me with my daughter and now have the tools to help with everyday parenting. Thank you Dr. Kazdin for teaching this and showing there are amazing tools that can really help!

By Hitesh N

Exceptionally well and highly articulated course. The experienced instructor explained the key concepts and scientific techniques of child rearing. Must for all who wants to be a better parent.

Thank you Dr. Alan Kazdin!

By Patricia A M

Dr. Kazdin does an excellent job in using terms that are easily understood to a lay person. At the end of this course, i feel much better equipped to deal with behavior problems in children from toddler to adolescence.

By Chooi C Y

Jun 24, 2019

This course offers many practical tips to deal with everyday parenting. The techniques taught are relevant and easily applicable. Highly recommended for all parents! Thank you Professor Kazdin for creating this course.

By Guillaume M

Jun 24, 2020

Absolutely fantastic course! My spouse and I did it together and we were able to notice significant improvement at home after just two weeks of applying the techniques learned in this course! Thanks Professor Kazdin!

By Ofeliya L P

Jun 14, 2020

This course helped me in dealing with my very challenging 6yo boy during the COVID pandemic. It provided me with the necessary tools to guide my child's behaviour and to greatly reduce the stress level on our family.

By Haresh P

Mar 10, 2020

This course is truly an experience and perhaps best any parent could ever get. Outright applicable, easy to understand and works really wonder with instant results. Every parent on this planet must take this course.

By Ayelén Z O

Jan 4, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. As a student teacher and as a mom it gave so much tools to work with. Dr Kazdin explanations are very clear and he gives you many opportunities to check what you've learned. Thank you!