Back to Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing by Yale University

Everyday Parenting gives you access to a toolkit of behavior-change techniques that will make your typical day in the home easier as you develop the behaviors you would like to see in your child. The lessons provide step-by-step instructions and demonstrations to improve your course of action with both children and adolescents. Among many techniques, you will learn how even simple modifications to tone of voice and phrasing can lead to more compliance. The course will also shed light on many parenting misconceptions and ineffective strategies that are routinely used. The key to the course is practice. It is not enough to know the strategies; you have to do them to reap the rewards. Using the techniques on a temporary basis will lead to permanent change. Chances are your parenting is perfectly fine and working the way you would like. But if you have any frustrations with your child or would like improve your effectiveness in changing your child’s behavior, these videos will be a very useful guide. Subtitles available in Chinese and Spanish....

SB

May 12, 2020

Very straightforward content and easy to follow for beginners. The course gives very simple tools that are applicable for child rearing when addressing problematic behaviour for children or teenagers.

NB

Nov 07, 2019

Such amazing course, it’s useful and joyful to learn all the way through. I love it ! Thank you Coursera make learning easy to learn and share , I see the power of knowledge by E- sharing ! Wonderful!

126 - 150 of 507 Reviews for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

By João M M

Oct 10, 2017

Kazdin is a great teacher! He is very clear, specific when talking about the parental tecnics and procedures. He explain in a way very simple for everyone understand. I recommend very much this course

By Minh n

May 22, 2020

I strongly recommend this class to any parent (and I have done so already)! Thank you for such an amazingly effective and kind lecture on parenting! This is how the world can be a better place.

By F W

Jun 01, 2019

More case studies and assignments where we write out solutions would be more helpful for reinforcing what we learned in class. Awesome teacher and very helpful content for a first-time parent.

By augakh@gmail.com

Jun 07, 2020

It is so amazing! Helped me to understand many reasons of my child's behavior. It is totally counterintuitive; the way of our society is built is questionable (prisons and law punishments).

By Verónica P R

En el curso aprendí un montón de herramientas para modificar diferentes conductas de mis dos hijos de 5 y 7 años, con los que me había quedado sin herramientas para poder llevar su crianza.

By yan l

Sep 09, 2018

The teaher is very engaging and the technique tools explained in the course are very useful for child rearing. Thanks for sharing this video and helping us to have an easier family life.

By William

Feb 22, 2019

I love this course. It benefits me a lot in my career as a teacher, and I do appreciate the Yale University opened this course in Coursera, It could help so many kids to a better future.

By Alyssa S

Jul 14, 2020

Great opportunity to learn concrete skills and techniques to improve your communication with your child. The handouts are very clear with step-by-step examples of how to do each skill.

By Oghuvbu O J

Jun 29, 2020

Thanks alot for this courses " Everyday parenting : The ABCs of child rearing " is a practical toolkit for modification the desired behaviour in your child and it's effect are lasting.

By Shruti C

Jun 27, 2020

The course is a valuable resource for any parent with amazing tools and insights which can be easily practiced. Truly beneficial and extremely well handled by Prof Kazdin. Thank you.

By Fredzie F

Jun 18, 2020

Overall excellent course! Great and simple exposition of the topics while still being very informative. Use of clear and understandable language and heavy encouragement for practice.

By Emerson C

Nov 18, 2017

I am enjoying this course for its simple easy straight forward approach. Dr Kazdin has done a great job of offering up tips and examples to really make your learning curve take off!

By Kaouther B S

Feb 02, 2018

It was great for me as a mother having tis course. I enjoyed learning how to better my relations with my children, and seeing how effective the techniques I learned are. Thank you.

By Nisha S

Dec 17, 2017

Excellent information given very clearly. Very useful tools which go beyond the usual positive discipline techniques. Provides parenting help for toddler through teenage age group.

By Hellen M C B

May 04, 2020

Fue un aporte muy importante para construir un entorno familiar adecuado, las herramientas y las opciones que ofrece este curso son de mucha utilidad para cumplir con un objetivo.

By GIFTY A M

May 25, 2018

This course has introduced me to significant parenting techniques to adopt in raising my children,and all other children who would be left in my care. Very grateful to your team.

By Katelyn R R

Apr 07, 2020

Very useful steps to helping your child change challenging behaviors! It was a manageable course with time and workload requirements and was very practical for my everyday life.

By Vikas P B

Oct 10, 2019

Excellent and a must for every parent, who take theri parenting seriously. Would also recommend KG teachers to take this as it may tools which can help in teaching young kids.

By Kristina S

Jun 20, 2019

Thank you very much for this amazing course! Now I know how to communicate effectively with my son and hoe to make him happy! It was very informative and easy to hearing you.

By JOSEFA S C

May 05, 2020

Excelente curso! Las técnicas que se enseñan son claras y simples de aplicar. La metodología ayuda a que uno recuerde los aspectos importantes de cada video.

Muchas gracias!

By khaled E

Jan 08, 2018

Thank you for this interesting course as a father i am gaining experiences & skills, i hope you will give other courses regarding parenting and family healthy realationships

By Mary G K

I recommend this course not only to the parents but also to all the teachers like me. The techniques and tools that was tackled are really effective. Thank you, Dr. Kazdin.

By Brigitte S N

Jul 01, 2020

Thank you so much Professor Kazdin and Yale University for offering this great course online. It was the best of my Covid-19 quarantine time.

Regards from Patagonia Chile

By Lara M B

Excelente curso, lo recomiendo completamente! Se aprende muchísimo. El Dr. Kazdin es muy claro y concreto en sus explicaciones. Los casos interactivos resultan muy útiles

By Yogal

Mar 13, 2018

I was really just trying to get some tips here and there to see what I can apply to my kid. Wow This course blows my mind. Thank you for sharing such useful information.