Back to Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing by Yale University

Everyday Parenting gives you access to a toolkit of behavior-change techniques that will make your typical day in the home easier as you develop the behaviors you would like to see in your child. The lessons provide step-by-step instructions and demonstrations to improve your course of action with both children and adolescents. Among many techniques, you will learn how even simple modifications to tone of voice and phrasing can lead to more compliance. The course will also shed light on many parenting misconceptions and ineffective strategies that are routinely used. The key to the course is practice. It is not enough to know the strategies; you have to do them to reap the rewards. Using the techniques on a temporary basis will lead to permanent change. Chances are your parenting is perfectly fine and working the way you would like. But if you have any frustrations with your child or would like improve your effectiveness in changing your child’s behavior, these videos will be a very useful guide. Subtitles available in Chinese and Spanish....

SB

May 12, 2020

Very straightforward content and easy to follow for beginners. The course gives very simple tools that are applicable for child rearing when addressing problematic behaviour for children or teenagers.

NB

Nov 07, 2019

Such amazing course, it’s useful and joyful to learn all the way through. I love it ! Thank you Coursera make learning easy to learn and share , I see the power of knowledge by E- sharing ! Wonderful!

176 - 200 of 536 Reviews for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

By Lelde Ķ

Dec 10, 2017

I loved it. Now I understed more. Im more patience. I know how to deal easy with every day steps, and that i can help and do so much for my kid. Thank you

By Marcos E T

Muy bueno, aprendí mucho conceptos nuevos y es una gran herramienta tanto para padres como para profesional que trabajan con niños, niñas y adolescentes

By Andrea a p

Jul 23, 2019

muy buen curso, muestra casos de estudio y ayuda a comprender la mente de los niños y como lograr en ellos comportamientos deseados y buenos para ellos.

By Jeanelle S B

Jun 09, 2020

The lessons are very substantial to beginning parents and educators. This course exceeded my expectations and corrected misconceptions about parenting.

By Jenny F

4 thumbs up for the professor. The lectures are very engaging and give real useful advice on how to deal with children in every day life. Thank you.

By Yaren Ü

May 12, 2020

A course that will help me a lot with my own children and the families I will work with. Thanks for your contribution, I recommend it to everyone.

By Camila M M

Jul 16, 2020

It is my impression that Dr. Kazdin is an amazing professor. He provided valuable information in a very nice and engaging way through the videos.

By Nicole G

Jun 02, 2020

Absolutely one of the best courses that i have taken to date. I have learned so much and feel like a better parent with all of the new knowledge.

By Astrid M

Jul 28, 2020

I've had very positive experiences after implementing the methods at home. I strongly recommend this course to every single parent or caregiver.

By VIDOS-SOLOMOGKA T

Apr 30, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. Professor Alan KAZDIN is excellent and the field of knowledge as well as his ability to pass it is admirable.

By Faith I

Jun 03, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed taking this course. I learnt so many useful skills. The lectures were engaging and brilliantly delivered. Kudos, Dr. Alan!

By Pame

I truly recommend this course it’s completely different from others and you will see a systematic way to develop behaviors in such a good ways

By Tonny R

Sep 23, 2018

Really helpful and powerful course. Found the modules priceless and couldn't leave the computer till i was done with all. Highly recommend.

By Samar S E

Sep 17, 2017

This course is a treasure , It's easy and fruitful at the same time . I recommend it to all parents or anyone that interested in this field

By Bernard D V

Nov 06, 2019

A great course about child-rearing. The teacher is great and the explanations provided are clear. A course that I recommend for any parent

By hannah h

Nov 06, 2018

A must study for first parents, but also necessary for any parents to continuously improve their parenting knowledge and skills. Thank you

By Julie M P

Jul 22, 2020

This course is very well executed, I love everything that I have learned. I have been able to effectively utilize this course in my home.

By Dima A K

Mar 04, 2018

Very helpful techniques discussed in this course that allowed me to change my parenting way. I loved how easy the flow of the course goes

By Susana G

Great content, based on scientific research, simple concepts one can apply every day with minimal effort and hopefully maximum outcomes.

By Rocio M M

Thanks so much. One of the most useful and meaninful things ive study online. Congratulations to Alan...what an incredíble proffesional!

By Jason H

Sep 20, 2018

Well presented course for those who need some extra tips and guidance to help shape and change behavior in your kids. A big thumbs up!

By Mercedes D J T Q

May 09, 2020

Excellent!! Doctor Alan is an excellent profesional and an excellent instructor, thanks to him and thanks a lot to Coursera and Yale.

By Qiujie S

Sep 14, 2017

I'm glad that I found this course when my child is only 11 months old. Now I believe I can prevent most of the problems and use ABS m

By Naseem A

Apr 01, 2020

Amazing experience I had.. Looking forward for more courses like this.. It will be great if there is course on Learning Disability

By Karen M

Dec 10, 2019

While the pace was slow, the content was excellent and easy to follow. I recommend this course for parents of children of any age.