Back to Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing by Yale University

Everyday Parenting gives you access to a toolkit of behavior-change techniques that will make your typical day in the home easier as you develop the behaviors you would like to see in your child. The lessons provide step-by-step instructions and demonstrations to improve your course of action with both children and adolescents. Among many techniques, you will learn how even simple modifications to tone of voice and phrasing can lead to more compliance. The course will also shed light on many parenting misconceptions and ineffective strategies that are routinely used. The key to the course is practice. It is not enough to know the strategies; you have to do them to reap the rewards. Using the techniques on a temporary basis will lead to permanent change. Chances are your parenting is perfectly fine and working the way you would like. But if you have any frustrations with your child or would like improve your effectiveness in changing your child’s behavior, these videos will be a very useful guide. Subtitles available in Chinese and Spanish....

NB

Nov 07, 2019

Such amazing course, it’s useful and joyful to learn all the way through. I love it ! Thank you Coursera make learning easy to learn and share , I see the power of knowledge by E- sharing ! Wonderful!

SB

May 12, 2020

Very straightforward content and easy to follow for beginners. The course gives very simple tools that are applicable for child rearing when addressing problematic behaviour for children or teenagers.

251 - 275 of 545 Reviews for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

By Asmar N

Jul 12, 2020

This course learned me a lot about children and parents behaviors.Thanks a lot my teacher Dr.Alan E.Kazdin.

By Tivea V

Apr 17, 2020

That was a great and free online course ever. I really like the content presentation and its useful ideas.

By Lizeth d C S A

Mar 12, 2019

Este curso es excelente, me ha brindado muchas técnicas para poner en práctica en la educación de mi hijo.

By Irina K

Jul 06, 2020

excellent lecturer,great content,wonderful examples and relevant metaphors to vividly explain the ideas

By maha

Jun 24, 2020

i like it so much, one of the best courses i ever attended.you can learn a new information every minute.

By Marcus S

Mar 27, 2018

What a wonderful course you've created for parents ... and for free. Everyone should take it. Thank you!

By Sara I D C

Excelente, es de mucho aprendizaje que permite conocer de manera clara y practica diferentes técnicas.

By Akiko S

Mar 01, 2020

This course was very useful and practical. I learned a lot about how to deal with my child's behavior.

By Raghavi J

Mar 06, 2019

this course has changed my outlook of parenting. thank you the entire course team for excellent work.

By Karen C O

Excelente curso para padres.

He aprendido muchas técnicas que me servirán para criar mejor a mi hijo.

By Bilyana R

Apr 21, 2020

Excellent course! Very useful information for parents, teachers and anyone who works with children.

By Kevin

Jul 13, 2019

It is an outstanding course. Every parent or every person who deals with children schould take iit.

By Stefany R

Feb 03, 2018

I am really happy that I found this course, it was very informative and Dr. Alan Kazdin is amazing.

By P. R K

This course is well structured and addresses all possible day to day problems of raising children.

By CHUA H X M

extremely useful and insightful:) thank you for the clear presentation, useful tips and resources!

By Miroslava G

Apr 11, 2019

Wonderful and very very helpful. Thank you very much. Every parent could benefit from this course.

By J.Sireesha

Mar 09, 2018

Lectures are very interesting and easy to understand. very helpful information about child rearing

By César L T P

Jan 04, 2020

Great and very relevant information, eassy explanations, interestings readings, wonderful course.

By Manikanta K

Oct 26, 2018

Highly Recommended to the Parents with easily implemented techniques to bring the change behavior

By Eleftheria L M

May 08, 2020

Very interesting and helpful course with useful guidance on improving the rearing of my children

By Jorge M

May 05, 2020

I like it a lot the techniques and I think are working well with my children. Very good teacher!

By Elizabeth M

Feb 15, 2020

Awesome. Eye opening and very helpful. I can recommend this course to all parents and guardians.

By Jobi K I

Aug 03, 2020

Excellent Course. it was worth doing this course for both of my parenting and counselling works

By Anna G

Apr 09, 2020

Very interesting and useful course that helps with the everyday life, not only with children :)