Back to Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing by Yale University

Everyday Parenting gives you access to a toolkit of behavior-change techniques that will make your typical day in the home easier as you develop the behaviors you would like to see in your child. The lessons provide step-by-step instructions and demonstrations to improve your course of action with both children and adolescents. Among many techniques, you will learn how even simple modifications to tone of voice and phrasing can lead to more compliance. The course will also shed light on many parenting misconceptions and ineffective strategies that are routinely used. The key to the course is practice. It is not enough to know the strategies; you have to do them to reap the rewards. Using the techniques on a temporary basis will lead to permanent change. Chances are your parenting is perfectly fine and working the way you would like. But if you have any frustrations with your child or would like improve your effectiveness in changing your child’s behavior, these videos will be a very useful guide. Subtitles available in Chinese and Spanish....

NB
Nov 6, 2019

Such amazing course, it’s useful and joyful to learn all the way through. I love it ! Thank you Coursera make learning easy to learn and share , I see the power of knowledge by E- sharing ! Wonderful!

SJ
Nov 5, 2020

Thank you for the engaging and educational course! I gained really great knowledge that I will definitely use in my work with children and with my children at home. The course leader is fantastic! :)

276 - 300 of 756 Reviews for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

By Jūratė K

Dec 30, 2020

Very useful and interesting course. It is not easy to grow a child but it is good to have some good tools to make parents' life easier

By Jason H

Sep 20, 2018

Well presented course for those who need some extra tips and guidance to help shape and change behavior in your kids. A big thumbs up!

By Paulina A

Sep 17, 2020

I really appreciated the structured and clear instruction. I could replay videos, read the transcript, and utilize provided diagrams.

By Mercedes D J T Q

May 9, 2020

Excellent!! Doctor Alan is an excellent profesional and an excellent instructor, thanks to him and thanks a lot to Coursera and Yale.

By Qiujie S

Sep 13, 2017

I'm glad that I found this course when my child is only 11 months old. Now I believe I can prevent most of the problems and use ABS m

By Naseem A

Apr 1, 2020

Amazing experience I had.. Looking forward for more courses like this.. It will be great if there is course on Learning Disability

By Karen M

Dec 9, 2019

While the pace was slow, the content was excellent and easy to follow. I recommend this course for parents of children of any age.

By Yuqin08

Feb 6, 2018

the tools in the course are very helpful! the 2nd part of the course is more suitable for bigger kids, which is older than 1 year.

By Josh K

Feb 22, 2021

This gives great tips for general parenting that really work. Especially dealing with tantrums and a child that doesn't listen.

By Holly A

Aug 19, 2018

Its a terrific course based on thorough research and years of study. It works and it the best parenting method I have ever used.

By Judith E

Jun 9, 2020

Very Informative. The examples are steps given can be easily followed. I have already started to create a

point system program.

By Amanda A

Feb 14, 2020

This was so helpful! The course gave a lot of tip to use as a parent or a teacher beased on the cognitive behavioral therapy!

By Инна Д

Apr 8, 2021

Очень много новой и полезной информации. Более полезен будет родителям или тем кто в ближайшее время хотят стать родителями.

By Fong T L

Dec 12, 2019

Thanks for all the tools for parenting!!! This course is truly helpful and looking forward to have new course in this field.

Dec 15, 2018

Very true !!! Being parents we become really bossy !! Thanks to Dr Alan E Kazdin to change our attitude towards children 👶

By randall c

Dec 4, 2020

Very interesting. Very well-organized. The information can help me with my child and also in my job. I really recommend it.

By Jace O

Apr 27, 2020

This course immediately impacted my parenting skills, Kazdin provides a wealth of tools to add to your "parenting" toolbox.

By 兰萌

May 23, 2018

Very practical tools are taught in the videos. Thanks very much! Recommend each and every mom or dad to join in the course.

By Muhammad A

Dec 25, 2017

A really insightful course. IMHO, this is a course that all parents must take because its contents are concise and helpful.

By Kurian K M

Jul 6, 2020

An awe inspiring course on parenting, useful and a must to do course for parents and professionals working with children.

By Olga B L

May 16, 2019

This a fantastic course for parent. It's a total miracle - if you follow instructions, the child behaves. Just like that.

By Rosa S

Jun 26, 2018

Absolutely fantasticAbsolutely fantasticAbsolutely fantasticAbsolutely fantasticvAbsolutely fantasticAbsolutely fantastic

By Sushama T

Aug 7, 2020

Excellent course, course materials, perfect videos, teachings, notes , quiz etc.

FABULOUS

By Miral

Jan 22, 2019

This is a very very important and useful course! thank you so much Professor Alan! you miss a lot if you do not take it!

By Yulia L

Jan 25, 2018

Thank you! I received a lot of practical tools and insights about parenting. Really a necessary course for every parent.