Back to Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing by Yale University

Everyday Parenting gives you access to a toolkit of behavior-change techniques that will make your typical day in the home easier as you develop the behaviors you would like to see in your child. The lessons provide step-by-step instructions and demonstrations to improve your course of action with both children and adolescents. Among many techniques, you will learn how even simple modifications to tone of voice and phrasing can lead to more compliance. The course will also shed light on many parenting misconceptions and ineffective strategies that are routinely used. The key to the course is practice. It is not enough to know the strategies; you have to do them to reap the rewards. Using the techniques on a temporary basis will lead to permanent change. Chances are your parenting is perfectly fine and working the way you would like. But if you have any frustrations with your child or would like improve your effectiveness in changing your child’s behavior, these videos will be a very useful guide. Subtitles available in Chinese and Spanish....

SB

Very straightforward content and easy to follow for beginners. The course gives very simple tools that are applicable for child rearing when addressing problematic behaviour for children or teenagers.

NB
Nov 6, 2019

Such amazing course, it’s useful and joyful to learn all the way through. I love it ! Thank you Coursera make learning easy to learn and share , I see the power of knowledge by E- sharing ! Wonderful!

201 - 225 of 645 Reviews for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

By Inter F

May 6, 2018

Un curso muy valioso para mejorar las interacciones con los hij@s y por ende la situacion a nivel del sistema familiar, logrando así un ambiente de armonía.

By gizem

Sep 11, 2017

This course is really helpful for me. It is easy to follow and understand. I am working in mental health area, I will definitely use the knowledge I gained.

By rohinisivapooja

a wonderful course i learnt in this lockdown period of covid 19

which is very for me to raise my 4 yr daughter and to run my preschool business

By Trisha L

Jan 29, 2018

i almost quit this course because my family said it would never help me since my child has autism.... they were wrong and im glad i finished the course

By Lelde Ķ

Dec 10, 2017

I loved it. Now I understed more. Im more patience. I know how to deal easy with every day steps, and that i can help and do so much for my kid. Thank you

By Marcos E T

Muy bueno, aprendí mucho conceptos nuevos y es una gran herramienta tanto para padres como para profesional que trabajan con niños, niñas y adolescentes

By Andrea a p

Jul 23, 2019

muy buen curso, muestra casos de estudio y ayuda a comprender la mente de los niños y como lograr en ellos comportamientos deseados y buenos para ellos.

By Vilma E P Q

Aug 6, 2020

Excellent course! All the cases, practices and details are applicable and most important...work! My parenting is better and looking forward to improve.

By Jeanelle S B

Jun 9, 2020

The lessons are very substantial to beginning parents and educators. This course exceeded my expectations and corrected misconceptions about parenting.

By Igene M O

Sep 28, 2020

This course enables children educators to bring out the best of their learners and also to lecture parents on how to nurture children with bad habits.

By Roy S A

Sep 8, 2020

This course has proved to be very useful for me. It taught me various behavior change techniques and added a lot to my knowledge for good parenting.

By Jenny F

4 thumbs up for the professor. The lectures are very engaging and give real useful advice on how to deal with children in every day life. Thank you.

By Ali

Oct 14, 2020

Hands down the best parenting course available online! Brief, concise and to the point. Handouts are perfect, as I didnt have to take my own notes.

By Dr H K

Sep 22, 2020

Great course. Techniques used are simple and Practical. Dr. Alan Kazdin has beautifully described each tool. Big Thanks to him and the whole team.

By Ajith P

Sep 1, 2020

Absolutely essential techniques for effective parenting! The course explains in detail the tools and techniques used to achieve parenting goals...

By Prasuba s

Aug 16, 2020

This course is very helpful and able to know about children's attitudes and how to help them in their problems in behavior to overcome. Thank you.

By Yaren Ü

May 12, 2020

A course that will help me a lot with my own children and the families I will work with. Thanks for your contribution, I recommend it to everyone.

By Camila M M

Jul 16, 2020

It is my impression that Dr. Kazdin is an amazing professor. He provided valuable information in a very nice and engaging way through the videos.

By Nicole G

Jun 2, 2020

Absolutely one of the best courses that i have taken to date. I have learned so much and feel like a better parent with all of the new knowledge.

By macarena G - H A

Sep 5, 2020

Excelente curso! Contenidos muy bien abordados, claros y concisos, sin dudas me ha sido una herramienta de valor incalculable para mi profesión.

By Astrid M

Jul 27, 2020

I've had very positive experiences after implementing the methods at home. I strongly recommend this course to every single parent or caregiver.

By VIDOS-SOLOMOGKA T

Apr 30, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. Professor Alan KAZDIN is excellent and the field of knowledge as well as his ability to pass it is admirable.

By Faith I

Jun 3, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed taking this course. I learnt so many useful skills. The lectures were engaging and brilliantly delivered. Kudos, Dr. Alan!

By Pame

I truly recommend this course it’s completely different from others and you will see a systematic way to develop behaviors in such a good ways

By CONSTANZA O A

Aug 23, 2020

The course was really useful, it set new goals and guidelines for my family and I’m truly thankful for the dedication you put in making it.