Back to Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing by Yale University

Everyday Parenting gives you access to a toolkit of behavior-change techniques that will make your typical day in the home easier as you develop the behaviors you would like to see in your child. The lessons provide step-by-step instructions and demonstrations to improve your course of action with both children and adolescents. Among many techniques, you will learn how even simple modifications to tone of voice and phrasing can lead to more compliance. The course will also shed light on many parenting misconceptions and ineffective strategies that are routinely used. The key to the course is practice. It is not enough to know the strategies; you have to do them to reap the rewards. Using the techniques on a temporary basis will lead to permanent change. Chances are your parenting is perfectly fine and working the way you would like. But if you have any frustrations with your child or would like improve your effectiveness in changing your child’s behavior, these videos will be a very useful guide. Subtitles available in Chinese and Spanish....

SB

May 12, 2020

Very straightforward content and easy to follow for beginners. The course gives very simple tools that are applicable for child rearing when addressing problematic behaviour for children or teenagers.

NB

Nov 07, 2019

Such amazing course, it’s useful and joyful to learn all the way through. I love it ! Thank you Coursera make learning easy to learn and share , I see the power of knowledge by E- sharing ! Wonderful!

151 - 175 of 536 Reviews for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

By GIFTY A M

May 25, 2018

This course has introduced me to significant parenting techniques to adopt in raising my children,and all other children who would be left in my care. Very grateful to your team.

By Katelyn R R

Apr 07, 2020

Very useful steps to helping your child change challenging behaviors! It was a manageable course with time and workload requirements and was very practical for my everyday life.

By Vikas P B

Oct 10, 2019

Excellent and a must for every parent, who take theri parenting seriously. Would also recommend KG teachers to take this as it may tools which can help in teaching young kids.

By Kristina S

Jun 20, 2019

Thank you very much for this amazing course! Now I know how to communicate effectively with my son and hoe to make him happy! It was very informative and easy to hearing you.

By JOSEFA S C

May 05, 2020

Excelente curso! Las técnicas que se enseñan son claras y simples de aplicar. La metodología ayuda a que uno recuerde los aspectos importantes de cada video.

Muchas gracias!

By khaled E

Jan 08, 2018

Thank you for this interesting course as a father i am gaining experiences & skills, i hope you will give other courses regarding parenting and family healthy realationships

By Mary G K

I recommend this course not only to the parents but also to all the teachers like me. The techniques and tools that was tackled are really effective. Thank you, Dr. Kazdin.

By Brigitte S N

Jul 01, 2020

Thank you so much Professor Kazdin and Yale University for offering this great course online. It was the best of my Covid-19 quarantine time.

Regards from Patagonia Chile

By Lara M B

Excelente curso, lo recomiendo completamente! Se aprende muchísimo. El Dr. Kazdin es muy claro y concreto en sus explicaciones. Los casos interactivos resultan muy útiles

By Yogal

Mar 13, 2018

I was really just trying to get some tips here and there to see what I can apply to my kid. Wow This course blows my mind. Thank you for sharing such useful information.

By DIVINE G D

Jul 07, 2020

Thank you so much Sir and to the Yale University fir giving us so much in formation that would help us teachers and parents to understand and appreciate children more.

By Eduard M

Apr 06, 2018

A wonderful pit of ideas and methods, something for everyone. The presentation of the learning material is in a very pleasant way. A great thank you for this course!

By Raquel R C

Apr 25, 2020

It provides really useful tools to change behavior in children. The content is given in a very engaging way and the evaluations help reinforce what has been learned.

By Greidy L

the course has been excellent, the content is very complete and very well explained with many examples and stories that can help you in different ways. thank you.

By Waki I

Oct 15, 2018

Fantastic course!

Such a great teacher, and really likable person, too!

I can strongly recommend this course for every parent & caregiver; there’s soo much insight.

By Aylin V E

He aprendido muchas técnicas que me ayudaran como madre y profesional de la salud mental. El contenido de los vídeos y lectura han sido más que clara y precisas.

By Susan W

May 08, 2020

Thank you Dr. K for this lesson in living. The ABC's will live with me. I only wish I had a course like this when I was rearing a young family in the early 80's!

By Maria E H V

Jun 08, 2020

It' s an excellent course. It's give me additional tools to work with the students and give counseling to parents. Also to understand better students behaviors.

By Arturo O O

Nov 03, 2019

Gran curso para conocer técnicas que nos permitan construir comportamientos en nuestros hijos y jóvenes. sencillo no requieres conocimientos previos del tema.

By Divya A

May 27, 2019

Amazing course, I learnt a lot of new techniques to develop a certain behavior and to change certain behavior in the child. A must for every parent. Thank you

By Yolanda H

Mar 03, 2019

A mind-blowing experience. It was a joy to know that there are tested and proven alternatives to spanking and other punishments. Thank you to Yale University.

By Inter F

May 06, 2018

Un curso muy valioso para mejorar las interacciones con los hij@s y por ende la situacion a nivel del sistema familiar, logrando así un ambiente de armonía.

By gizem

Sep 11, 2017

This course is really helpful for me. It is easy to follow and understand. I am working in mental health area, I will definitely use the knowledge I gained.

By rohinisivapooja

a wonderful course i learnt in this lockdown period of covid 19

which is very for me to raise my 4 yr daughter and to run my preschool business

By Trisha L

Jan 30, 2018

i almost quit this course because my family said it would never help me since my child has autism.... they were wrong and im glad i finished the course