Back to Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing, Yale University

About this Course

Everyday Parenting gives you access to a toolkit of behavior-change techniques that will make your typical day in the home easier as you develop the behaviors you would like to see in your child. The lessons provide step-by-step instructions and demonstrations to improve your course of action with both children and adolescents. Among many techniques, you will learn how even simple modifications to tone of voice and phrasing can lead to more compliance. The course will also shed light on many parenting misconceptions and ineffective strategies that are routinely used. The key to the course is practice. It is not enough to know the strategies; you have to do them to reap the rewards. Using the techniques on a temporary basis will lead to permanent change. Chances are your parenting is perfectly fine and working the way you would like. But if you have any frustrations with your child or would like improve your effectiveness in changing your child’s behavior, these videos will be a very useful guide. Subtitles available in Chinese and Spanish....

By SB

Oct 13, 2017

This is a must to do course for parents to be, parents and teachers. We need to build physically and mentally strong kids in future for this we need to adapt to these simple steps as per this course.

By EC

Nov 18, 2017

I am enjoying this course for its simple easy straight forward approach. Dr Kazdin has done a great job of offering up tips and examples to really make your learning curve take off!

156 Reviews

By Monique B. Williams

Jan 18, 2019

In the first day, I learned about 60 percent of the first week of material. That night I began to apply it, and it was like a miracle! I don't even know what comes next, if but the first day was that beneficial, I am looking forward to the remainder of the class. I can see that it is going to be a blessing for my family and me.

By Geri Ward

Jan 17, 2019

I found this course most helpful with my 11 year old grandchild. I am using the strategies learned from the class. It is taking lot of changes from everyone who she is surrounded by, but to see her transition is worth it. Thank you.

By Wayne Li

Jan 16, 2019

The course contents are quite well-structured. The techniques taught in the course are very practical and specific.

By Igor Soloydenko

Jan 13, 2019

This is a great course for any parent that aims to improve their career. It helps you being a better parent and saving time and effort on the repairable aspects of the child's behavior. The peace of mind, and released time and energy give an opportunity for better productivity at work and happier life altogether.

By Farah Basel

Jan 06, 2019

Wonderful

By Sterlyn orosco

Jan 05, 2019

this course helped me get prepared for my son.

By Vita de Geus-Kovalenko

Jan 02, 2019

One of the most useful courses for my private live!

By Vanja Petrovic Lovrentjev

Dec 20, 2018

Dr. Kadzin is an amazing lecturer, interesting and makes everything easy to understand.

This was a fun and VERY useful course, tools given here are doing wonders. If I could give it more stars I would.

By Naseem Chunara

Dec 15, 2018

Very true !!! Being parents we become really bossy !! Thanks to Dr Alan E Kazdin to change our attitude towards children 👶

By

Dec 12, 2018

Surprisingly efficient in teaching parents to localize where they doing wrong and teach efficiently great way to help changing behavior in children.

Even though, i didn't like the teacher in the beginning, the progress made by myself and my kids were quick to show, Amazing improvement in our relationship.

Thank you very much.