Back to Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing by Yale University

Everyday Parenting gives you access to a toolkit of behavior-change techniques that will make your typical day in the home easier as you develop the behaviors you would like to see in your child. The lessons provide step-by-step instructions and demonstrations to improve your course of action with both children and adolescents. Among many techniques, you will learn how even simple modifications to tone of voice and phrasing can lead to more compliance. The course will also shed light on many parenting misconceptions and ineffective strategies that are routinely used. The key to the course is practice. It is not enough to know the strategies; you have to do them to reap the rewards. Using the techniques on a temporary basis will lead to permanent change. Chances are your parenting is perfectly fine and working the way you would like. But if you have any frustrations with your child or would like improve your effectiveness in changing your child’s behavior, these videos will be a very useful guide. Subtitles available in Chinese and Spanish....

NB
Nov 6, 2019

Such amazing course, it’s useful and joyful to learn all the way through. I love it ! Thank you Coursera make learning easy to learn and share , I see the power of knowledge by E- sharing ! Wonderful!

BS
Apr 20, 2020

Thank you so much Professor and Yale University for offering this amazing course. it has definitely changed my parenting and made some very fast changes in my daughters behavior. Thank you immensily!

301 - 325 of 780 Reviews for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

By randall c

Dec 4, 2020

Very interesting. Very well-organized. The information can help me with my child and also in my job. I really recommend it.

By Jace O

Apr 27, 2020

This course immediately impacted my parenting skills, Kazdin provides a wealth of tools to add to your "parenting" toolbox.

By 兰萌

May 23, 2018

Very practical tools are taught in the videos. Thanks very much! Recommend each and every mom or dad to join in the course.

By Muhammad A

Dec 25, 2017

A really insightful course. IMHO, this is a course that all parents must take because its contents are concise and helpful.

By Kurian K M

Jul 6, 2020

An awe inspiring course on parenting, useful and a must to do course for parents and professionals working with children.

By Olga B L

May 16, 2019

This a fantastic course for parent. It's a total miracle - if you follow instructions, the child behaves. Just like that.

By Rosa S

Jun 26, 2018

Absolutely fantasticAbsolutely fantasticAbsolutely fantasticAbsolutely fantasticvAbsolutely fantasticAbsolutely fantastic

By Sushama T

Aug 7, 2020

Excellent course, course materials, perfect videos, teachings, notes , quiz etc.

FABULOUS

By Miral

Jan 22, 2019

This is a very very important and useful course! thank you so much Professor Alan! you miss a lot if you do not take it!

By Yulia L

Jan 25, 2018

Thank you! I received a lot of practical tools and insights about parenting. Really a necessary course for every parent.

By Elisabeth V

Jul 19, 2020

Fantastic course! The parenting techniques were not only backed by scientific research but also explained very clearly.

By Socrates K

May 9, 2020

Wonderful overall! So much knowledge and techniques in so little time! Such a wonderful professor! BRAVO to all of you!

By nikki y

Dec 5, 2019

Great course! Helps make parenting much easier! Highly recommend to at least complete the first 2 weeks of the syllabus

By MariaJose B

Jun 16, 2019

great course!!! I feel this kind of courses help us to improve our lives! I am already using all the techniques learned

By Fred

Sep 18, 2018

I'm ashamed that I didn't know of all of these techniques, I have four kids and three grandkids. Great course, Thanks!

By Rica E

Dec 26, 2017

Very grounded and approachable course. The parenting tools and techniques are practical and can be applied right away.

By Goh W K

Oct 5, 2020

Good for parents, educators, child minders or to just to better understand some simple child and parenting psychology.

By Teacher D

Highly engaging professor! Simple and clear with many examples. Lots of optional extra reading and links. Recommended!

By JOSE A A S

Apr 10, 2020

A great course to understand the principal items about parenting, with a right choice of theory-practice combination.

By María o m

Sep 10, 2019

Great course! it shows that the teacher is an expert in the subject and transmits his knowledge in a very friendly way

By Onyinye, A

May 15, 2020

It's was a very educative and interesting course. I learnt the ABCs of parenting and will practice it at home. Thanks

By Oussama S

Nov 12, 2018

The course was very useful and I greatly appreciate the effort that the teacher have put into this course. Thank you!

By Mei S

Dec 21, 2017

I think the course is also suitable for teachers. I hope to use it to build better rapport with my students for 2018.

By Pan X

Dec 30, 2019

the skills and techniques introduced are really really practical. i've applied many of them on my boy. it's working!

By lenora

Aug 19, 2017

This is an excellent course presented in a laid back manner. Very practical. I recommended it to several families.